Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seen a few clips flying around. Haven't watched it full yet but just on the clips I come away cringing at the dialogue. Seems like our lot are extremely shy and fed lines on what to say.

Not at all Veronghen, Toby and Eriksen give very honest interviews about uncertain futures and wanting to leave. As does Dier who admits to telling Poch play me or I leave

Nothing is scripted but I think the calls of the doc isn't allowed to talk about certain things might be true because Ndombele hasnt been mentioned once yet

What also becomes clear as this unfolds is just how much perspective alters about Mourinho very quickly - kind of as it did when he arrived here with his smooth motherfucker persona and had us eating out of his hand, but quickly had me detesting some of his narcissistic bollocks. His bullshit and blarney is slick and sophisticated by much of the standards we are used to in English football, but ultimately a lot of it is still bullshit and blarney, and you can absolutely see how this guy can't stay anywhere for long. Gradually it becomes less and less plausible, players start to cash out what they had previously bought into.

For all the smooth self confidence, there's a flaw in the integrity valve. I'm sure there are enough players in the dressing room that still buy it - the Sissoko's and Dier's and Winksey's and Toby's - footballer's aren't the most cerebral and often just need a "leader" to tell them everything will be good if they just do what he says, but his divisive methodology ("Dier shouldn't play but I need to keep him and the dressing room sweet") also has it's flaws that you can understand how it creates problems as well as solves them.

I found the public humiliating of Aurier, whilst contrasted against the mollycoddling Dier distasteful and typical - we see the same double standard with Ndombele and - insert Dier, Sissoko, Lo Celso etc here - of his divisive methodology.

You not think the a) the 29min Dier sub and b) making it a feature storyline speaks for itself? .....You think that's any less humiliating than us finding out retrospectively about JM saying to Serge that he fears him giving away dozy pens?

We are frequently told that the message of most managers wears thin on the same old ears over time.... (Poch, Klopp at BVB eg)....

It's quite clear already that a lot people will just come away from this doc with the perspectives they brought to the table to begin with.

Watched the first 2 so far and all I will say is if Jose can bring the hunger back that he had when he first arrived at Chelsea then we are winning the league next season , it’s as simple as that, he knows what the narrative is about him “ cheque book manager” “dinosaur” etc and if he is the kind of person I think he is then he will do everything possible to prove people wrong , Jose has a point to prove, and he is proving it with us! As much as you like or hate the guy no one can deny he is a world class manager and that’s something that doesn’t come easily , regardless of what you spend it’s not that simple , anyway I can say I am excited for the season ahead! I predict it’s going to be a good one and the one where we finally end the drought! :tobyarm:

Watched the first 2 so far and all I will say is if Jose can bring the hunger back that he had when he first arrived at Chelsea then we are winning the league next season , it’s as simple as that, he knows what the narrative is about him “ cheque book manager” “dinosaur” etc and if he is the kind of person I think he is then he will do everything possible to prove people wrong , Jose has a point to prove, and he is proving it with us! As much as you like or hate the guy no one can deny he is a world class manager and that’s something that doesn’t come easily , regardless of what you spend it’s not that simple , anyway I can say I am excited for the season ahead! I predict it’s going to be a good one and the one where we finally end the drought! :tobyarm:

Me too..

Last season was a grind for multiple reasons.... This season feels like a clean slate that could hold a number of pleasant suprises ahead.

Any positives? Or even just non negative observations. Or did you only find more negatives in the three episodes.

Yoda.gif

(No offense bus-conductor bus-conductor - Just giffing for the fuck of it.)

We are winning something in 2021, don’t know what, but we are fucking winning something.

COYS

6 months ago I wouldn't have watched this. But this is actually fascinating. Going to enjoy seeing how Dele adapts to Jose's no-BS attitude. You can see him getting a bit twitchy about potentially being left out of the first 11.

Loving it so far. Really get the feeling that Jose is making a huge difference and the points speak for themselves. Going to be a very interesting season. Very interesting.

Loved the part where Kane criticised the rest of the squad in the debrief room.

What's sad is..... nobody seemed to listen or question why.

Because our performances stayed pretty much the same for the remainder.

Eh? I found plenty of positives. How likeable our lads are & how Mourinho looks to have the bit between his teeth. Got to balance that against some of the things that aren’t all rosy
Didn’t mean to quote you too, apologies. Was very interesting how much he spoke to Levy about players and team selection. Never would of thought it quite like that. Also how much mentality is part of the coaching. Even how quickly he moves on from a loss and tells players to do so. Also interesting how all players make comments when Tony signs contract, proving how much they do consider what others are getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom