Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

S9fHzu3.jpg

Best I can do at short notice/talent.

Sorry but in the first episode you can see in Poch’s eyes, that his heart is not in it. His passion and belief in the project had gone. The contrast in body language between him and Mou (and himself pre-CL final) was so clear. Mou had the appetite to turn the ship around and Poch had given up. The CL final defeat and the number of players talking about leaving poisoned his aura. You can see it on the screen.
This. I know people have agendas, but to watch this and hate Levy more seems a lot to me like someone is simply looking for what they want to find. There's little in it that we didn't know already from instinct or interviews (intelligent but a bit awkward. Not a fan of the limelight).

There's plenty out there that documents the good relationship Poch and Levy had, and it's no doubt that Levy is being honest when saying how hard it was on a personal level to sack him. One thing I was pleased to hear was Levy admitting that he had gotten lucky when he hired Pochettino (i.e. had made an educated decision to choose him but the project went far better than he had expected). - I think a few of us on here were concerned that he'd taken him for granted.

Now, this doesn't excuse the role he had in allowing our squad to become stagnant by not making any purchases in the 2018 summer transfer window, but when the manager neither seems able or motivated to fix the post-CL-final funk, there's only one thing that can be done.

Oh, and one last word on Ndombele - a huge factor in how he comes across is the editing and, so far, they've simply not included him in the 'main cast' they've chosen to follow (Kane, Son, Dier, Vertonghen, Toby, Dele are the biggies thus far). However, what I don't think they can mask is a seemingly anonymous presence in the dressing room and it only makes me more concerned that he will never come good here.

Wasn’t keen on the idea of the doc. .. but of course I’ve watched it today.

Can’t not but love Jose!

Can’t stand the way Kane says fucking.. cringe

Can’t wait for this season!

Also very impressed by how well our players do come across. They’re clearly bright guys and decent blokes. Could not be any further from the behaviour than cunts that play for Woolwich, Chavs or United or even Leicester (the idea of a pint with Maddison and Vardy just angers me)

Seeing the documentary has only reinforced my opinion that Ndombele's attitude must be absolutely fucking stinking.

Also was completely unsurprising that Dier was the only one the rest of the lads said liked the physicality of competition.

It's still blatantly clear we're only seeing what they want us to see though tbh. Hopefully it helps get some of the usual moany cunts on board with Mourinho or they can in the words of the man himself, fuck off.

It is but it also reinforces a lot of what we have said from the outside and emphasises that we’ve been right about certain things and they ring true. Eg. Throw ins are picked up on as being badly defended by us. I’ve been saying that for years. We are useless at throw on and seem to lose the ball lots when it’s ours and never win it back when it’s the opponents.

Just watched all 3. Clearly edited a lot. No mention of the Rudiger incident or that horror injury for Andre Gomes that Son got a red for, even though both games were covered. Not complaining though :p
Next? Injury crisis then maybe rise of Tanganga, Lo Celso, Steve coming and scoring on debut. Wonder if Ndombele chasing Neto in March will make it in

Son's red card for his kick against Rudiger was covered in episode 3.

Wasn’t keen on the idea of the doc. .. but of course I’ve watched it today.

Can’t not but love Jose!

Can’t stand the way Kane says fucking.. cringe

Can’t wait for this season!

Also very impressed by how well our players do come across. They’re clearly bright guys and decent blokes. Could not be any further from the behaviour than cunts that play for Woolwich, Chavs or United or even Leicester (the idea of a pint with Maddison and Vardy just angers me)

Impressive... that you can understand Harry Kane.

Back
Top Bottom