Anderlecht vs Spurs 22 Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Decent young team becoming harder to beat"

They didn't look particularly hard to beat last night but if you're genuinely as happy with last night's performance as Poch is with his squad then let's all keep quiet in case we upset the press!

I thought last night's performance, apart from the 1st 10 mins when they thought we were good and gave us respect, was boring, stultifying and unacceptable to those fans who were out there!
After they equalised the whole team just lost confidence and put in a shit performance!
That's what needs to be addressed!

How we do that I don't know but I'm not a manager on a mega salary.
Poch is!

Perhaps we sell everyone who played? They all played shit after all. Nobody in that dressing room deserves any less criticism than the next so stop acting like they do. Trippier was no worse last night than Toby was, so why the fuck should Kieran be shit canned and Toby shouldn't?

He got 7 goals and 7 assists last year and not all of those were from the bench. He's new to the league. Doesn't speak any fucking English and for the most part is unlikely to be accustomed to life in London in the slightest.

The main gripe is trying to judge him so soon in his career when not every player hits the ground running. Harry didn't look great for us until the Europa League last year and before that he looked like a player who would never be good enough for Spurs. I thought it and I know I'm not alone.

People in here are far too quick to be writing off our (and this word is important) back up players. They get mad that we don't have a bench full of world beaters. If Trippier was better than Walker he wouldn't have cost 3 million. But we bought him because he is better than Vlad Chiriches.

We didn't buy N'Jie because he is ready to be our number 1 striker. We bought him as back up for Kane who could also play on the wings.

Why is anyone expecting miracles from our backups?

Not miracles just better than we've got!

And I would seriously question whether Trippier is better than Vlad!
Not on last night's offering.

Perhaps we sell everyone who played? They all played shit after all. Nobody in that dressing room deserves any less criticism than the next so stop acting like they do. Trippier was no worse last night than Toby was, so why the fuck should Kieran be shit canned and Toby shouldn't?

Surprised at that Jock!

I don't think they all played shit!

Hugo was on form, good job he was!

Toby , Verts not great I admit but Trippier and Townsend were absolute garbage!

Surprised at that Jock!

I don't think they all played shit!

Hugo was on form, good job he was!

Toby , Verts not great I admit but Trippier and Townsend were absolute garbage!

Surprised at what? The fact that I don't think we need to start selling players who haven't started 5 games for us?

Trippier is a good player. He was bought because of that.

Townsend deserves to go, of course he does. But am I basing that on last night? HELL FUCKING NO. As I said. Not one single outfield player last night did the badge proud, and this is why I'm not going to judge anyone for it. It was a bad performance all round and picking out individuals isn't fair. You can attribute every player's bad game to each player who played badly around them.

Townsend played bad because Trippier, Lamela and N'jie played bad.
Trippier played bad because Townsend and Toby played bad.
Jan had a bad game because Davies and Toby's performance put too much pressure on him.
So forth, so forth.

"Decent young team becoming harder to beat"

They didn't look particularly hard to beat last night but if you're genuinely as happy with last night's performance as Poch is with his squad then let's all keep quiet in case we upset the press!

I thought last night's performance, apart from the 1st 10 mins when they thought we were good and gave us respect, was boring, stultifying and unacceptable to those fans who were out there!
After they equalised the whole team just lost confidence and put in a shit performance!
That's what needs to be addressed!

How we do that I don't know but I'm not a manager on a mega salary.
Poch is!
I was talking about our league form. No of course l wasn't happy with the performance, please don't put words in my mouth, but I'm not going to call for the manager's head everytime we lose. Jeez this cycle of sack and start again is getting so fucking boring - l can't believe some of you want to go through it again.

please don't put words in my mouth
They do that so often, it is hilarious. Got accused of saying all sorts last night. None of which I said. As soon as I asked them to quote where I had the ''I don't want to talk about it any more'' came out.

I'm now seeing that we weren't tough to beat last night? They beat us by 1, at home, with a goal in the last 15 minutes. Yea, practically a walk over.

Smh.

He got 7 goals and 7 assists last year and not all of those were from the bench. He's new to the league. Doesn't speak any fucking English and for the most part is unlikely to be accustomed to life in London in the slightest.

The main gripe is trying to judge him so soon in his career when not every player hits the ground running. Harry didn't look great for us until the Europa League last year and before that he looked like a player who would never be good enough for Spurs. I thought it and I know I'm not alone.

People in here are far too quick to be writing off our (and this word is important) back up players. They get mad that we don't have a bench full of world beaters. If Trippier was better than Walker he wouldn't have cost 3 million. But we bought him because he is better than Vlad Chiriches.

We didn't buy N'Jie because he is ready to be our number 1 striker. We bought him as back up for Kane who could also play on the wings.

Why is anyone expecting miracles from our backups?
no. i agree on the back up players point.
thats why they are back up players.
u need players who are decent but happy to sit on the bench. if they were really good then they would start or leave.

i am not expecting miracles from the likes of njie.
i think me saying i dont think he will be able to lead the line is saying the opposite.

where as others think he can lead the line.

id say they are the ones more hopeful of miracles.

i never expect him to be able to lead the line.

thats not slagging him off.
just pointing out what position & role suits him.

saying you cant write off any player is hoping for miracles.
some players wont make it im afraid.

i get your kane point.
but then do u keep every player for years who will never be good enough because of kanes huge improvement which is very rare.

using the rare kane situation is not wise.

banking on players to do what kane did would be crazy.

part of management is getting rid of players u dont think will fit in or improve enough.

u cant just keep them all for years in case they do a kane.

njie deserves at least a couple of years to show us what he can do.

but its highly unlikely he will do a kane.

All well and good hearing how we "should take the cup seriously and win it" to then roll over a couple of days later to the likes of Anderlecht. I don't mean that to be too disrespectful but if the Belgian league was of a high quality we'd not have four Belgians in our squad. They aren't particularly good but looked good value for their win yesterday.

Performance and result aside I had a great trip. Never understood the Europa League bashing and with another European away day under my belt I'm less inclined to agree we're better off without. Bring on the next one!

Joe Clash Joe Clash i would have gone with Kane to start,totally agree with you on the premise that we have fuck all other options though.
I just cant work out that we didn't/could'nt get a back up striker in the last window.
Just typical of us really,sort 1 problem out (the defence from last year) and the problem moves somewhere else(the striker position)

*this post was sent whilst pissed on a new tablet,fuck knows how i changed the fucking font........*

Joe Clash Joe Clash i would have gone with Kane to start,totally agree with you on the premise that we have fuck all other options though.
I just cant work out that we didn't/could'nt get a back up striker in the last window.
Just typical of us really,sort 1 problem out (the defence from last year) and the problem moves somewhere else(the striker position)

*this post was sent whilst pissed on a new tablet,fuck knows how i changed the fucking font........*
Ok mate - we agree on that. Maybe another time for a discussion. :eriksenlol:

They do that so often, it is hilarious. Got accused of saying all sorts last night. None of which I said. As soon as I asked them to quote where I had the ''I don't want to talk about it any more'' came out.

I'm now seeing that we weren't tough to beat last night? They beat us by 1, at home, with a goal in the last 15 minutes. Yea, practically a walk over.

Smh.

It would have been a walkover were it not for Hugo!
:llorisserious:

All these s blaming one players performance on another players performance!

Who set the fucking team and tactics up for fucks sake?

Or are we going to blame Levy for that?

Time some of you got a reality check!

I was talking about our league form. No of course l wasn't happy with the performance, please don't put words in my mouth, but I'm not going to call for the manager's head everytime we lose. Jeez this cycle of sack and start again is getting so fucking boring - l can't believe some of you want to go through it again.

No I don't either.

I don't think Poch is right for us at all but I don't think sacking him now would achieve anything this time of the season!

As I've already stated its not that we lose but the manner in which we lose!

But I've made my point and don't want to melt anymore!

It's late!

No I don't either.

I don't think Poch is right for us at all but I don't think sacking him now would achieve anything this time of the season!

As I've already stated its not that we lose but the manner in which we lose!

But I've made my point and don't want to melt anymore!

It's late!
We've lost once in the league - the only competition we can all agree we take seriously. I just don't get your anti Poch agenda. Sorry mate, l just don't.

It was crap last night. So was the carling cup against Woolwich. But ripping it up & starting again, throwing the baby out with the bath water & any other weary cliche anyone can come up with is plain wrong. The manager is young. The squad is young. The chairman is a tight fisted cunt

What the fuck do people expect? World class performances every match? Not too long ago we destroyed the most expensive squad ever assembled. Not just a narrow victory- a proper mullering. Consistency comes with experience. And anyone who expects consistency with Spurs is supporting the wrong team IMO. We never get consistency because levy sells our best players if the numbers are right & sacks the manager as soon as things go wrong. I'm backing Poch for a while yet. I don't think getting rid of him or dismantling this team is going to end well.

More transition. Players in & out. Seen it too often under Enic's rule & it's time to give our manager a good run at it without selling his top players & expecting him to plait horse muck.

Keep the core of this squad & I genuinely think performances like last night will be the exception. Quick fixes fix fuck all long term.

Back
Top Bottom