Andre Villas-Boas Philosophy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to google this guy...
60B45RU.jpg

The side is showing anti-football, which basically boils down to giving the ball as quickly as possible to Hulk or Danny
So getting the ball to your best attacking players as quickly as possible is 'anti-football'... alrighty, then...
Villas-Boas says he is an admirer of José Mourinho. However, teams under the latter play a more aggressive type of football.
The guy obviously has never seen a Mourinho team play.

Bullshit overload.

Last edited:
One of ENIC's worst decisions letting him go - fact
That's bollocks, we were playing mind numbingly boring football, the atmosphere at the lane was shit for majority of games and we were relying on Bale to score from 30 yards to rescue a 1-0 win.

Taking into account the few games where we'd be beaten 4 or 5 nil he had to go. 'Fact'.

Getting Sherwood in temporary charge wasn't much better, the whole thing was a mess which ENIC do have to take the blame for - but he's not a great manager that we gave up on too early.

Yes, 2 heavy defeats - sack the manager

71 points - PL record

His record suggests otherwise
72 points. Quick look at his first season and we lost 5-2 away at the goons and 4-2 at home to Chelsea, so yes nothing too heavy that first season, but we were also knocked out by Norwich in the League cup and Leeds in the FA cup (both 4th round). Hardly inspiring, and our best ever points total is also when we had one of the best players of recent times in the squad single handedly winning games.

The start of 13-14 season when he got sacked we lost 3-0 at home to West Ham (I'd call that a heavy defeat) and then the 6-0 away at City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool. The football was shit and we weren't heading in a good direction.

Does the successful record you're referring too ignore his time at Chelsea? How many years ago was it that he was trying to drop Lampard & Terry out of the squad, and then this season Terry is up there in most pundits teams of the year? I'm not defending them, I'm questioning AVB. I don't think he was good enough and I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest otherwise (apart from total points which isn't enough).

He plays a Mourinho type of defensive football, get a goal and shut up shop. Apart from at some clubs he isn't anywhere near as successful. Football under AVB was some of the worst I've seen at the Lane and if he'd stayed on I would have stopped going to most matches.

When I go to the Lane I want to see us play some attacking football, watching Walker and Dawson pass it back to each other on the half way line with no options was soul destroying.

and I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest otherwise (apart from total points which isn't enough).
The evidence suggest he's been successful everywhere when given a full season (including our points record-breaking one) - these are facts

Judging him on his few months at Chavs (and how they treat managers) even after number of players confessed he was undermined in the change-room by a selected few - is similar to judging a sports car on its luggage capacity

The evidence suggest he's been successful everywhere when given a full season (including our points record-breaking one) - these are facts

Judging him on his few months at Chavs (and how they treat managers) even after number of players confessed he was undermined in the change-room by a selected few - is similar to judging a sports car on its luggage capacity
So what was successful about 12/13 season, record points and another 5th place? Could be linked to limping out of the cups early on? Can't see why we didn't tie him down on a 10 year contract to be our Ferguson with that success.

I keep emphasising the football was shit. Chelsea have won a lot recently, but if Spurs played like that I wouldn't go to half as many games as I do now, because it's not entertainment. Zenit fans are moaning it's boring watching them let Hulk score a goal and everyone sits back, sounds familiar.

Fair enough you're a fan of the bloke, as you can tell I'm not. Much happier with Poch in charge.

Back
Top Bottom