Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe all the Doomers on here.

Did Guardiola win anything in his first year with City? NO

Did Klopp win anything in his first year with Pool? NO

Why are all the Nancies on here already calling for the coach to be sacked?

Give Ange a go for at least two seasons.

I am glad we got Ange but Liverpool now in talks with Slot . I wonder if it will turn out a good move swerving him , which is how I feel about Ten Hag , despite a cup and a final looming . Or will we regret pissing over the pot with Arne . We shall see I guess if he goes to the scousers , but following Klopp will not be easy

Last edited:
Wharton has absolutely pissed the step up too. Under Glasner he looks even better. I wanted us to sign him in January and he now definitely looks like a player we’ve missed out on from the championship.
Looked awful in his first few games but yeah, agree

Better than both of the mugs Chelsea spent a total of half a billion on (fee, agent and wages over 8 years) 😂

Can't believe all the Doomers on here.

Did Guardiola win anything in his first year with City? NO

Did Klopp win anything in his first year with Pool? NO

Why are all the Nancies on here already calling for the coach to be sacked?

Give Ange a go for at least two seasons.
Hardly anyone has said that...

Looked awful in his first few games but yeah, agree

Better than both of the mugs Chelsea spent a total of half a billion on (fee, agent and wages over 8 years) 😂
Rogers to Villa, Wharton to Palace and Scott to Bournemouth all very doable deals for us , all looking decent . We could have done Bergvall plus one of the above 3 , I think we might have missed a trick , same with Eze previously. They are all likely to be much more expensive now , we have bought some decent players from abroad but have missed out on some decent championship talent . We got Maddison cheap as a premier proven player because Leicester went down. We should have taken Maddison from Norwich probably . Sometimes we need to move earlier , Dele was a 5 million no risk from Div 1

Last edited:
Who’s saying he should be sacked?

Theres's alot of saying it without saying it in my opinion. you can see the ones that want him sacked in the summer for a more non "naïve" manager who changes formation throughtout the season and has a plan a through to x.

they just don't want the ridicule it would bring by out right saying it about a guy new to English football whose been in the job 10 months

Theres's alot of saying it without saying it in my opinion. you can see the ones that want him sacked in the summer for a more non "naïve" manager who changes formation throughtout the season and has a plan a through to x.

they just don't want the ridicule it would bring by out right saying it about a guy new to English football whose been in the job 10 months

Name them!!

Let’s start the ridiculing!!!!

An Ange bonus point is a history of buying talent on a budget, I honestly dont think that can be argued against when you look at his record with bringing players in who make a difference at whatever the level of the league he was managing in was. The ENIC business model is what it is but competing against big oil money and American debt financing is risky, maybe a slow grind with some smart people on the tools can get Spurs to the top of the mountain but then again it might not, such is life.

But we beat Villa 4:0 who beat Woolwich 2:0 who beat Brighton 3:0 who beat us 4:2 so really we beat them and not they us...
Beat villa 4-0 but mitigating factors. 0-0 first half vs 11 men.
They'd played away in Europe on the Thursday. Took them going down to 10, and even then about half an hour before 2-0 became 4-0
The point is, even in our wins there is often more to it than fans think.

Beat villa 4-0 but mitigating factors. 0-0 first half vs 11 men.
They'd played away in Europe on the Thursday. Took them going down to 10, and even then about half an hour before 2-0 became 4-0
The point is, even in our wins there is often more to it than fans think.
Same with the losses mate. There’s mitigating factors in every game. You don’t have to find fault in every win. Villa away was very comfortable from start to finish.
Out of the games we have lost Newcastle is the only game we were never in. Fulham away we could’ve been in front and Brighton away could’ve been 6-6 at the end up. The others ones were by one goal apart from Chelsea but the reasons are obvious why they happened.

Seriously, Kaz. You're seeing things that ain't there, mate.
Why would anyone on an anonymous platform be scared or worried about some other anonymous geezers who they'll never meet ridiculing what they post.
Think about it, for a minute.

As for me. If new ambitious owners took over tomorrow then I would personally want him replaced with a more proven manager who's won at the highest level because with the right backing they'd more than likely win with us, too.

However, because that ain't happening, we might as well stick with Ange. But that doesn't mean I won't criticise him if I think he's not getting the best out of whatever he has available or the football continues to be so awful it produces results like those we've seen in recent months

Seriously, Kaz. You're seeing things that ain't there, mate.
Why would anyone on an anonymous platform be scared or worried about some other anonymous geezers who they'll never meet ridiculing what they post.
Think about it, for a minute.

As for me. If new ambitious owners took over tomorrow then I would personally want him replaced with a more proven manager who's won at the highest level because with the right backing they'd more than likely win with us.

However, because that ain't happening, we might as well stick with Ange. But that doesn't mean I won't criticise him if I think he's not getting the best out of whatever he has available or the football continues to be so poor it produces results like those we've seen in recent months
I understand what you are saying but define proven manager. We had two of the type of managers you are talking about and they were horrendous for our club. Out of every manager out there they all have faults. Pep,Klopp and Ancelotti are three that are proven managers that have won at the highest level but all three without crazy money wouldn’t win.

Give Ange a budget to get what he wants quality wise and depth wise I’m confident he would bring us success. Will the club give him that,well that remains to be seen.

I understand what you are saying but define proven manager. We had two of the type of managers you are talking about and they were horrendous for our club.
They were horrendous for our ownership model. (Although Conte did have our ramshackle, under invested mess of a squad qualifying for the Champions League at Scums expense).

Which is why I said, in the absence of new owners, we may as well stick with Postie. But that doesn't mean he's above criticism.

They were horrendous for our ownership model. (Although Conte did have our ramshackle, under invested mess of a squad qualifying for the Champions League at Scums expense).

Which is why I said, in the absence of new owners, we may as well stick with Postie. But that doesn't mean he's above criticism.
Nobody is above criticism. I’m one of the all in with Ange still because he took over a rabble,changed the whole atmosphere of the club and has given us snippets of what we want to see. Never thought for a second it was going to brilliant all season but if you asked me if I’d have accepted 5th position with a chance of finishing 4th with 6 games to go at the start of the season I’d have took it. I’m pretty sure 99.9% would have too.

Back
Top Bottom