Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree that he won't be backed to the extent we go and spend 80m and 70m on positions we need like Klopp did (Van Dijk and Allison).

He's been backed pretty heavily so far though. So I hope it continues and we make the right signings, regardless of fee.
I'm not going to pretend Klopp hasn't been backed, but the catalyst for VVD and Allison was selling Coutinho for £140m.

Of course. But the point is a good manager can come from anywhere. We've had a shit few years hiring so called winners anyway.
I’d have to check, but Ange’s current run is as bad as Nuno’s and likely ( to be confirmed ) worse than Jose or Conte’s form at any point. Ange seems likely to be given time, but I am not convinced as to why he should be. What we are seeing is actually awful now and very disappointing.

Last edited:
The first half mauling was absolutely predictable and its sad how people are so blinkered that they refuse to not see the obvious.

"ah I'll Start Bentancur...OK now I'll start bissouma...OK this time I'll start hojbjerg....OK yep I'll drop Sarr...OK now I'll start Bissouma again" rinse and fucking repeat for his scatter gun approach at picking the attackers. There's actually zero thought process for the opposition players we are up against
which people actually state is a positive about Ange lol. The opposition are literally packing their midfield with runners whilst we have passengers like invisible Dart thrower doing diddly squat and those all around him being rotated for his wrong doings.

1) defence quick ball over top as fast as possible
2) midfielders ball out wide as fast as possible

That's how you beat us and it's getting very tedious that Ange doesn't attempt to help the situation. Actually he worsens it by handicapping us by starting Maddison.

A lot of bullshit spoken last summer about how "all Spurs fans want is a team that entertains, regardless of the result". We were portrayed as a fanbase that would clap and cheer if players were balancing the ball on the end of their nose even if we were 5-2 down. Just absolute lies.

I do not accept that we as a club need to choose between having a team that looks to be proactive and being a little more tactically sophisticated. We can have both.

And I really hope this manager is the one to do that. It's just that we need to see it sooner rather than later.
If we wanted to be entertained by a ball, I would go to see a sealion show or, go watch the Harlem Globetrotters.
I want to see a team that, can actually win something from time to time.

"ah I'll Start Bentancur...OK now I'll start bissouma...OK this time I'll start hojbjerg....OK yep I'll drop Sarr...OK now I'll start Bissouma again" rinse and fucking repeat for his scatter gun approach at picking the attackers. There's actually zero thought process for the opposition players we are up against
100%. hes struggled with getting the midfield balance right all year! sarr is the most important midfielder at the club, think thats been made obvious now! even to the idiots who thought skipp was better 9 months ago.

the front 3 are always going to be shit, but at least with rich at 9 you have a target in the box who will fight for crosses and be available to pump a cross in.

we need major work in that front line! they are all squad players.

If next season continues in the same way as the past twenty-something games, Ange won't last.

We need a proper number 9 who can help on set pieces at both ends.

To address the same issue, I'd look to replace Porro with a player who is also comfortable as a centre half, same as Woolwich and Man City have at at least 1 fullback position (very often both).

A defensive midfield player who is 6ft plus also helps. We are too small as a team. Look at Rodri and Rice for example, players in that mould.

So much work, and is Ange the guy? How the season is ending, probably not. At half time I'd have been fine with him being sacked but in a calmer place of reflection, he'll get next season to work a miracle. I just don't think he will.

We're 1 point better off over our last 10 league games than Nuno was in his 10 . 5 wins, 4 defeats, 1 draw compared to Nunos 5 wins 5 defeats. Chelsea, Liverpool and City to come. Terrific.
IMG-1472.jpg

So… Chelsea and Man Utd are mocked for being shit, yet we’re only one and three points better than Man Utd and Chelsea respectively over the last 25 games.

Take a look at that Bournemouth form though. This is what a proper manager does. They started shit, but they improved massively over the season. And he’s got like half of the Spurs resources. One to keep an eye on tbh.

We sold Kane and never replaced him with anyone . Now he can’t be replaced 100% he is that good but it was ridiculous not to get someone in . Kane bullied Woolwich for Bayern , negligent to not replace him, or even try to

There's a nasty trend reappearing on TFC of posters on here calling other fans clowns, cunts and everything in in between because they're not having a meltdown. It's almost like people have different opinions and expectations and you can't cope with it.

I'd be astonished if you've done anything more about your grievances than be a loudmouth on the internet.
Right you are mate, I'll stop being a loud mouth on the internet and do something more like sacking the manager or even getting rid of the chairman seeing as that's within my power.

Oh maybe not, maybe I'm just a fellow loudmouth replying to another loudmouth on the internet, astonishing that people can disagree with other so called "fans" opinions and expectations isn't it?

We sold Kane and never replaced him with anyone . Now he can’t be replaced 100% he is that good but it was ridiculous not to get someone in . Kane bullied Woolwich for Bayern , negligent to not replace him, or even try to

Yeah you're right, we should just have just spent the money on Orban who's tearing up League 1 at the moment.

He’s going to get next season. After the rate we’ve gone through managers under Levy, this will be spun as progress to finish 5th. Maybe it is to a point, but it’s massively skewed by the new manager bounce fast start.

Ange talks a good game and is a personable fellow. The problem, I strongly suspect is he’s a bluffer, who is out of his depth.

It's obvious this season was getting the players to not be afraid to play a certain way. They've been drilled to playing fucking negative football for years and for some of them never touched Prem football before.

They'll be driven tactically in the summer, now the base is there. You can trace this back with every single Ange team and how much the second seasons of his teams are alot better tactically and defensively. But also alot more comfortable

But as usual, recruitment needs to be key.
But as usual, recruitment needs to be key.……….it always is but no matter who is the manager is recruitment seems to be for us anyway an impossible task to get it right all the time Romero, Porro & Micky yes but Bissouma hasn’t lived up to early promise N’Dombele just a disaster, yes I no a recent signing but our signing policy history is ropey

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1784610694429638866

View: https://x.com/AlasdairGold/status/1784610696887431415

Asked Postecoglou if he now acknowledges there's a bigger issue with Spurs defending set pieces this season:

"No because it's understanding where you are as a football team. If I thought fixing defensive set pieces was the answer to us bridging the gap then I'd put all of my time and effort into that. But that's not where we're at.

For us it's about, when I was focused on the details of, not just set pieces but a lot of moments in games where we don't sense that you give good opposition the time and the space to do things then they're going to hurt you. I think they maybe had four attempts on goal in the first half and they conceded three. I don't think it's about one part of it, I think it's a bigger, broader picture than that, but our defensive set pieces for those two were very poor.

But there's a lot more than that to fix."

Back
Top Bottom