Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you mean nothing improved? I wasn’t Conte biggest fan (I actually preferred ten Hag over Nuno and Conte) but he took us from 9th place, unable to register a shot on target in like 300 minutes, to pipping the scum for 4th and securing a superb 3-0 win in NLD along the way, while playing one of the most enjoyable football since Poch era.

I read somewhere that at the end of the season Conte said to his staff something like “pay attention, we shouldn’t celebrate that much a 4th place”. He was clearly not a manager whose aim was to fight for Champions League spots. He wanted titles.

Maybe we should’ve invested in proper players, not the likes of Lenglet and Richarlison. Don’t know if these players are really what Conte wanted, probably not, but a serious club would’ve pushed for much better quality.

I think at that point Conte realized the club will not match his ambition, plus the death of his staff member probably added to his apathy. That’s just a guess though.

Lol… I don’t know about Tuchel, he seems a bit “unstable”, but I would be willing to bet we’d be in a better place if Nagelsmann was our manager. He’s not the Conte/Mourinho type. Would’ve been ideally if we hired him before he got the Bayern job, but I don’t think he would’ve considered Spurs beneath him if he was to take the job last summer.
Ok

:sonpoint:

What new systems? I’d like to see our running stats. Didn’t the goons run more than we did? Even if we are running more they have plenty of recovery time compared to other teams. May be the team is not actually that fit?
The system Ange has been trying to implement this season.

Well that is what i've been trying to say!

If you get a coach in who's system demands extremely fit players. You are always gonna struggle the first season.

Add to that long term injury's to key players, and those guy's will never get to the levels required in this first season.

To my eye, we look knackered. And the above is a theory, NOT a fact.

Ange should go nowhere this summer, we need to let him build.

And if i have read this guy right, he will be ruthless this summer. He doesn't care about politics. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we will see players like Bissouma, Kulusevski, Richarlison leave.

There you go

A perfect opportunity for Kulu to cross with his right foot

But no he turns around and uses his left and by that time the opportunity has gone

No surprise there then!

Not that this is the point right now....

But can the commentators/pundits/press stop going on how about how lovely it is for Ange to manager a game at Anfield? The club he supported as a kid.

He's not managing Walsall in a cup game there ffs. This is a big premier league game between two famous clubs. I don't even know who any other premier league manager supported in their past. Nor should anyone care.

Back
Top Bottom