Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m full of optimism, as I was. with the appointment of Conte. But Conte never committed. Ange seems full in and that gives me real hope.
It will be bumpy no doubt, but he really does seem to have great man management skills (none since Poch left).
he seems like a bundle of energy and. Won’t take shit from anyone, up or down the ladder.

feeling like. We found our successor to Poch.

Yes. We all seem to be getting along like a house on fire, don't we.

Look. There's cretinousgoat cretinousgoat and thinktank thinktank

Seohyun%20and%20Hyoyeon%20SNSD%20Girls%27%20Generation%20Happy%20Together%20GIF%20%286%29.gif
Would...

I am most assuredly looking forward to our manager not being a passive aggressive temperamental prick.

His success or failure will be entirely determined by the time he is given and the team he is allowed to build.

It will be good vibes over the Summer. The test will be when we’re struggling in December and it all comes down to Levy. Does he genuinely understand that we are no longer Top 4
material and we need to rebuild, or does he still think we should be at the top table?

When I was a little boy my dad went out to work one day.
Mum stayed at home in her white nightie.
She opened the door to a beautiful Australian man.
She stopped on the stairs and she called out to me.

"Ange Postecoglu, Ange Postecoglu.
I've got an Ange Postecoglu with me."
And she moaned and she groaned as he banged my mummy from behind.
And now Postecoglu is my new daddy.
Dafuq?

Tell you what is good and somewhat out of character - having a coach in before pre-season even starts
That's very good.
Now, and only if you feel ready for it, can you find one positive thing to say about Mr Postecoglou? It really doesn't matter if you can't.

giphy.gif

That's very good.
Now, and only if you feel ready for it, can you find one positive thing to say about Mr Postecoglou? It really doesn't matter if you can't.

giphy.gif
He seems nice. I don't know him, but he comes across as nice.

Anyway, I have to go be a parent which isn't a multitasking job so you can call chill in blind optimism for a few hours if not until tomorrow.

He seems nice. I don't know him, but he comes across as nice.

Anyway, I have to go be a parent which isn't a multitasking job so you can call chill in blind optimism for a few hours if not until tomorrow.
oooh - and you were doing so well. See you at the next session. That will be £145. You can pay on the way out.

:ange-lol:

Appreciate every point of view and perspective has been covered but still...

Whether Postecoglou can turn us around - clear out, rebuild, deal with Levy is yet to be answered, of course.

A bit simplistic (it's just too much writing otherwise) but after having 2 of our last 3 coaches being part of a lot of what isn't good about football - me, me, me, win at all costs, and just being bigger than the club and not about the team - there's a lot to be said by having a decent human being as coach, who is thoughtful about everything connected with the club.

I want to love my club again and it starts with Postecoglou.

Last edited:
I am most assuredly looking forward to our manager not being a passive aggressive temperamental prick.

His success or failure will be entirely determined by the time he is given and the team he is allowed to build.

It will be good vibes over the Summer. The test will be when we’re struggling in December and it all comes down to Levy. Does he genuinely understand that we are no longer Top 4
material and we need to rebuild, or does he still think we should be at the top table?
I actually get the feeling that he gets it now, given the length of the contract.

Normally Levy would’ve gone for someone like Enrique and wanted Tuchel before that. This appoint seems to signal a shift in strategy to me.

I actually get the feeling that he gets it now, given the length of the contract.

Normally Levy would’ve gone for someone like Enrique and wanted Tuchel before that. This appoint seems to signal a shift in strategy to me.
I think you're right. Every decision Levy is perceived to have taken seems to provoke a knee-jerk reaction (understandably, given the footballing mire we're currently in), but this appointment definitely has the feel of at least attempting to respond to the fans' concerns.

Does it really matter if he’s Greek or a Turk?
I have no opinion on that - just pointing out the tweet had it backwards:

At the age of 10, his parents decided to change his surname, legally. ''It was a fad in those days to shorten your name if you were Greek, so that's what they did.'' Ange Postecoglou became Ange Postekos. He didn't think much about it until he was picked in an Australian youth team as an 18-year-old, and had to get his first passport. ''I never liked the name [Postekos] and I never used it,'' he says. ''I was proud of my background, but when it came to my first passport, and my first driver's licence, there was nothing I could do about it.''

Edit: ah, unless I have the Greek and Turkish 'versions' mixed around. I didn't think the shortening had any purpose other than 'simplifying' it.

I appreciate that some/much of it emanates from the top, but by its very nature is sure to seep into the areas that Ange will be responsible for and areas where he will be expected to have influence. That will have the potential to have an adverse effect on the playing side. In fact, some of the issues probably emanate from the players as well—both Conte and Jose alluded to their inability to follow instructions or becoming risk averse during games. The point I was making was that Ange will be expected to stop that rot creeping in and causing disruption, changing mind sets and creating some belief in players and coaching staff. And while he’s doing that, or attempting to, a lot of fans may get on his back before giving him a chance. Time will tell.
If he burns that sank players committee, namely Lloris, Dier and that cunt Hojberg we will instantly improve. No clean slates, kick them out

Back
Top Bottom