Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love this guy.

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Big Ange has Giant Cojones.

That result will give the entire squad huge confidence in the way we want to play, especially given we had no proper CBs out there.

We don't have to park the bus at shitty to get a result.

Audere Est Facere.

The first Latin words I ever learnt.

This is why Ange is a premier league manager unlike some "fans" on this forum who think they know better.
This isnt Football Manager or Fifa.

The guy has the character and courage to stick to his tactics and philosophy.
With our injured players back and some signings we will be a top team.

Just back this fcuking bloke.

Now we need to build on it next game but either way, the template is there.

Fcuking state of some of our fans.

To those who went, wbat a great journey home

Proper fcuking proud.

Last edited:
This isn't a serious question.

No-one in here is happy about losses. A lot of us can just see context and aren't wetting our knickers about a dodgy run.

Wolves aside, we've played pretty well with our backup players during an unprecedented injury crisis. The situation will improve and the results will improve.

If this situation happens next season or the season after, we'd manage a lot better.

It's not about the losses, its about losing through lack of adaption.

I agree, we played well in the losses to Chelsea and villa.

Football is a confidence game though, and I think players will start getting edgy with too many defeats. They want to win every time they play, and I bet many of them don't care how they get the win.

We have to be careful we're not sending lambs to the slaughter every week.

Today was good though, eh?
I don't think the game plan was the same today bur I watched on my phone with no sound.
It felt like we blended a bit of last ditch defending, with carefully planned passing counters.

What a performance from Ange this week. Given his lifelong obsession with the game, just imagine what a big deal it must have been for him to be up against Pep in the prem. But he has to do it at their place, on the back of 3 defeats and with a mass of his preferred first 11 unavailable.

Whatever his inner feelings he just goes and does what he does every week. Same messages delivered at the press conferences with calmness, humour and authority. The team pretty much picked itself but he watches the first half with absolutely calmness, makes the necessary changes at half time, and delivers a reminder of how they need to play. Second half the players respond and we get a seemingly impossible point.

It’s his steadfast belief in his system and his ability to communicate it to players, the media and fans that make him special. A milestone result today, cause wherever you are on the scale of Ange belief, we probably all believe it that little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom