Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll have to watch a video of all goals conceded to jog memory. Not that I have watched all the goals Raya has conceded either. Just that if we are going to make a judgement in less than half a season, they've conceded fewer than anyone else in the whole league and are top of the table. Their goalie couldnt have done that bad.

It sounds distinctly like your OG post was made with ZERO context in mind then.......

Like I said; poor analysis...... Pretty sure you're better than that.

- Raya has been making gaffs. Vic hasn't.
- We've had a depleted back line (13 out of the 22 goals in that time-frame; inc. 4 against 9 men!). Arse haven't.

Last edited:
Buying younger talents with potential is the only transfer strategy that works for us.

Players like Udogie, Sarr, Van De Ven, Vicario, Kulusevski etc have been a lot better for us than super expensive donkeys like Richarlison and Ndombele. Spending massive money is not a guarantee of anything, if anything the more you spend on an individual player the more likely they are to flop.

I’m happy for Ange to continue looking at hungry, lower profile players with a high ceiling rather than trying to buy ready made elite players. The current strategy is correct for where we are as a club right now.
Where Spurs are is top six in revenue, mid-table in ambition.

Yeah i was just messing.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding how things have been.

I can't wait for VDV, Bentancur and Maddison to be back

Look how city have struggled as soon as Rodri is out.

And no City fan or pundit is questioning whether Pep has lost it. Or is the wrong person.

Ange is going to need at least another three windows. Probably more given our owner lol

Where Spurs are is top six in revenue, mid-table in ambition.

Also:

Finishes since 08/09:

4 5 4 5 6 5 3 2 3 4 6 7 4 8 (currently 5th)

So....

Below 'par' 2 times in 15 years.
Above par 10 times in 15 years (11 if you count the current season).

Last edited:
And no City fan or pundit is questioning whether Pep has lost it. Or is the wrong person.

Ange is going to need at least another three windows. Probably more given our owner lol
Yeah he definitely needs a few windows.

Also we haven't had a manager start and finish a season since Pochettino, we need consistency.

You're right, we should have signed Moises Caiceido for £80m instead of Pape Sarr. Then we’d be a top club.

Good players are good players, where they come from and how much they cost doesn’t matter. We have spent a lot of money on shit players in the last 5 years, that our biggest problem.

Quite:

Who's been the worst signing?

Ndombele 60m
Maddison 40m
Bentancur 17m
Bissouma 25m
Sarr 10m

(+ Adjusted for inflation that reflects even worse!)

Conte was a cunt and his football was dire, he clearly wanted out. But that presser that he gave was 100% bang on the money about this club, about the owners and the lack of ambition.

It's probably the most honest statement given by anybody at the club since Burkenshaw's famous quote "There used to be a football club over there"

Not that half of the ENIC bots probably even know who Burkenshaw is.
I know who Burkinshaw is.

Before you start trying to dish it out like you're an "old timer," try getting his name right.

That's the least amount of respect he deserves

Vic has conceded 22 goals in 15 games. Raya has conceded 10 in 10 games. I like Vic he's been good for us, but we cant say he's clearly better or anything like that.
Vic conceded 10 in the first 10 games and 12 from the Chelsea game onwards playing behind a very makeshift (understatement of 2023 😂) CB pairing.

It’s all about context. 😁

I know who Burkinshaw is.

Before you start trying to dish it out like you're an "old timer," try getting his name right.

That's the least amount of respect he deserves

Funny... Last time I mis-spelled The General's surname I got swarmed by 'John Thomas' and cunts like "Mr I want us to lose" Distaste for scouse Distaste for scouse for not being proper Spurs.

:harrysmile:

Btw; Scouse should have a capital 'S'. You're welcome. ;)

Don’t come in here backing up a well presented argument with factual evidence and statistics! 😂

Too easy to rebuttal him, he brings up the same points every time he comes back on after his hiatus.

It becomes automated after a while

Just bookmark the same shit and re-post it when he starts moaning about the same thing. :nunothumb:

Quite:

Who's been the worst signing?

Ndombele 60m
Maddison 40m
Bentancur 17m
Bissouma 25m
Sarr 10m

(+ Adjusted for inflation that reflects even worse!)
My point, which granted I didn't make very well, is that scarcity among goal scorers and certain positions means you have to pay the going rate. Nothing wrong with getting good players for as little as you can, but you can't rely on systems over quality. Kane left and he wasn't replaced. It's going to cost quite a bit to get anything near that level of scorer.

Back
Top Bottom