Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point, which granted I didn't make very well, is that scarcity among goal scorers and certain positions means you have to pay the going rate. Nothing wrong with getting good players for as little as you can, but you can't rely on systems over quality.

Our last 2 attacking purchases cost 60m & 50m... We're not talking "mid-table" peanuts here.

Kane left and he wasn't replaced. It's going to cost quite a bit to get anything near that level of scorer.

It's probably gonna take a boost in current profile to do that; irrespective of willingness to push the boat out.

I don’t disagree with you…

But that’s the club you support.

Nobody is forcing you and complaining about isn’t going to change the model.
Spurs is NOT the club this fraud supports. All it is interested in doing is winding up Spurs supporters.

Missing when we're doing well, all over the forum like a cheap suit when we're not. All with one agenda, to wind up Spurs fans.

It honestly amazes me that so few can see this. I guess they're gullible enough to swallow the platitudes.

Spurs is NOT the club this fraud supports. All it is interested in doing is winding up Spurs supporters.

Missing when we're doing well, all over the forum like a cheap suit when we're not. All with one agenda, to wind up Spurs fans.

It honestly amazes me that so few can see this. I guess they're gullible enough to swallow the platitudes.
I bought a cheap suit once. Guess where it came from...Mr Byrite.....The Levy family !! and Danny Boy worked within it.

I didn't think the wheels would fall off this badly. Needs to find a pragmatic side to his game as well, very naive.
Not sure if that is what we need. We just be more clever with the ball. Speed up the play every so often or slow it down. Look for a quick switch sometimes from fla k to flank. Swap the wingers at times , push the FBs out wide, just some variation to gives us as much opportunities to score / creat as possible.

I bought a cheap suit once. Guess where it came from...Mr Byrite.....The Levy family !! and Danny Boy worked within it.
Thanks for sharing...

not GIF

Our naive and raw players need to step up and show they are learning. We have dominated the games against Villa and West Ham yet lost both. There’s a lack of conviction in attack and a lack of concentration in defence.

To be expected from a young team that is still trying to forget the bad habits they picked up from Mou and Conte, but we need results. We can’t keep playing well and losing, a little bit more aggression and we will go on another winning run.
not so sure most of those players are new or only played a few games for conte. Vic, destiny , Porto, boss, Sarr, Gio and Johnson.

Not sure if that is what we need. We just be more clever with the ball. Speed up the play every so often or slow it down. Look for a quick switch sometimes from fla k to flank. Swap the wingers at times , push the FBs out wide, just some variation to gives us as much opportunities to score / creat as possible.
For once I agree with you Maureen. The problem we are having though is that the two players who most dictate our tempo are both long term injuries, Maddison and Bentancur.

We have players, e.g. Kulusevki, who can slot into the creative role centrally, but I don't think he has the nouse to dictate tempo, even Bissouma isn't that type of player, nor is Sarr., and Hojbjerg most definitely isn't. I don't know if it's a natural instinct in a player or not, but I can't think of many in the game that have the ability to dictate tempo, slowing the game down then speeding it up at will.

Why we're not exploiting the width more often though is a mystery to me.

Self-confessed troll: "I'm only here to piss everbody off"
Repeatedly proven liar.
Fraud.
Too thick to understand the financial stats he posts.

Thing is our 'chances' didn't even fall to our designated striker. It was more the finishing of the others that were lacking in this game and the other games that we lost tbh.

I think a player that can get goals from the wing and also create chances is what we need more than a lethal finisher.
But we didn’t really have many clear cut chances? How many proper saves did their goalie have to make? We didn’t miss sitters or open goals. I think people need to stop confusing shots with actual proper chances where we have opened them up. I didn’t see that many and I do t think Ange fid either.

Self-confessed troll: "I'm only here to piss everbody off"
Repeatedly proven liar.
Fraud.
It was able to fly under the radar somewhat last season as we were largely shite, so it had the platform to pollute the forum on a regular basis.

Where was the troll for the first 10 games of the season though? It's difficult to wind up a happy fan, so it just disappears until people are agitated, then in it comes with glee and purpose.

I'm starting to see some of the following flock gain some clarity on just what its agenda is now. It's been making fools of them for a while now, it's only the REALLY dumb ones that can't.

For once I agree with you Maureen. The problem we are having though is that the two players who most dictate our tempo are both long term injuries, Maddison and Bentancur.

We have players, e.g. Kulusevki, who can slot into the creative role centrally, but I don't think he has the nouse to dictate tempo, even Bissouma isn't that type of player, nor is Sarr., and Hojbjerg most definitely isn't. I don't know if it's a natural instinct in a player or not, but I can't think of many in the game that have the ability to dictate tempo, slowing the game down then speeding it up at will.

Why we're not exploiting the width more often though is a mystery to me.
Well thank you! Yes the width is one of my biggest issues.
Too often the wingers turn inwards or back. The FBs are next to Son on the oppo 18 yard line. If they overlapped then the wide players would have an out ball. I’d also say both destiny and defo Porro can cross the ball better than Deki and BJ.

75% possession and 23 shots - seems Ange is putting us in a position to win, but its up to the players to hit the back of the onion bag.
I think the shots count need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Most were blocked well away from the goal, some were just powder puff and others easy saves. Did we actually create any sitters? May be Richie header. Didn’t see goalie making worldies. It becomes a phalasy and self perpetuating argument that oh we had a zillion shots so missed loads of chances. In reality we created f all good chances.

Moyes did more than you think.

He realised our strength is winning the ball back high up the pitch and getting a numerical advantage when we do.
So he made sure they never kept the ball in their third. And we should be concerned at who else has seen this. Because when a team has time to drop back and get into their shape, we simply can't break them down.
We have no width because Kulu and Johnson play on the wrong side and our FB's come into the middle of the pitch. So teams can line up with 2 banks of 4 in their box and we can't get through them or around them.
100%!
Thought I was reading my own post😀

for me (as many on here will remember) i want a manager & coaches that can/will change the style/formation to siut who we are playing
I understand Ange's "stick to our style/way of playing to imbed it into the players", but at the monment its inbeding this style = losing games,
critically look back at the results we got before the Chelsea game, (and its the results that matter, as points are important, keep missing chances means you need beter players ) how many were lucky wins ?
do I want Ange ball or Conte/Jose Ball, I like most want Ange ball, But Ange Ball in Scotland where you have most of the leagues best 11 players, & Ange Ball in Oz national team where you have players from many teams in Europe is different from being here,

We could lose the next 20 games and go down, and still there'd be a bunch of Angiefans on here refusing to admit he was over his head.
I'm not saying it'll happen, or that I want it to, but that's what would play out.

He does need to adapt. Before and during games. And if he doesn't, he's gonna wonder why bottom half teams can cope with us defensively and most teams will open us up at the other end.

And that's not a way to go IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom