Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These takes are honestly so boring, that backing thing is just becoming a buzz word that doesn't have any meaning.

What does backing Ange actually mean to you? It's a totally subjective term...does it mean with money? Does it mean getting rid of the players that he doesn't want? Does it mean backing his idealogy?

The irony is that Ange wanted Johnson who fans are now complaining about, a player we paid £50m for who still looks raw, is that not backing?
Indeed! He wanted BJ but many didn’t. Thing is people get caught by saying if that’s what Ange then they are happy for it. However doesn’t mean people can have an opinion on him. For now I’d say that £50M could have been much better spent either buying a good CB or a forward with better attributes than BJ. Who basically seems to be one dimensional and really suited to how we play.

Hahaha.....:roflmao:

Who would have thought ...:levylol:
Could help by giving some of youngsters a few mins!
If everyone keeps saying this season is a free hit for Ange why has he basically given 0 mins to our academy players?
Veliz gets mins but hardly touches the ball when he comes on. Put some faith in the likes of donley and dorrington you never know might unearth a gem. Otherwise what is the point of having an academy if there is no pathway to the first team. Ange talks about being brave then he needs to show it by giving these guys a chance rather than playing the sane shite players we’ve seen for years. Other clubs play their academy players.

That's good work. Now list the trophies they've delivered over the same period.

(CEO of the year don't count, btw)

See, why should I block you when I agree with you sometimes?

What’s the fucking point of pretty league finishes and champions league football if you never capitalize on them and actually start winning things.

I’m still here for the Ange project. He’s the last thread hanging to convince me that the ENIC model isn’t a scam to keep as many fans interested as possible without having to spend enough to win.

Could help by giving some of youngsters a few mins!
If everyone keeps saying this season is a free hit for Ange why has he basically given 0 mins to our academy players?
Veliz gets mins but hardly touches the ball when he comes on. Put some faith in the likes of donley and dorrington you never know might unearth a gem. Otherwise what is the point of having an academy if there is no pathway to the first team. Ange talks about being brave then he needs to show it by giving these guys a chance rather than playing the sane shite players we’ve seen for years. Other clubs play their academy players.

It’s meant to be a free hit from fan expectation’s because it takes time to build something.

Ange himself has said many times he’s about winning and doesn’t give a Fuck about free hits. He clearly thinks the kids aren’t ready to help him win yet

Indeed! He wanted BJ but many didn’t. Thing is people get caught by saying if that’s what Ange then they are happy for it. However doesn’t mean people can have an opinion on him. For now I’d say that £50M could have been much better spent either buying a good CB or a forward with better attributes than BJ. Who basically seems to be one dimensional and really suited to how we play.

Johnson was a data signing as well, everyone at the club was on board with it.

It’s meant to be a free hit from fan expectation’s because it takes time to build something.

Ange himself has said many times he’s about winning and doesn’t give a Fuck about free hits. He clearly thinks the kids aren’t ready to help him win yet

Within the next three windows, you'd expect Ange to have a crop of young, like for like players that he can swap in around 60 minutes. Hammer teams for an hour and then replace the knackered players with fresh legs that can do the same.

Right now we are dominating for huge chunks of games with little end product atm, then tiring and he has no options to sustain it. Plus he's doing it players not suited.

This season is supposed to be a free hit and any success and progress is a bonus. If everyone saw it for what it is, they'd be less angry lol.

Within the next three windows, you'd expect Ange to have a crop of young, like for like players that he can swap in around 60 minutes. Hammer teams for an hour and then replace the knackered players with fresh legs that can do the same.

Right now we are dominating for huge chunks of games with little end product atm, then tiring and he has no options to sustain it. Plus he's doing it players not suited.

This season is supposed to be a free hit and any success and progress is a bonus. If everyone saw it for what it is, they'd be less angry lol.

The funny thing is that he had that before we picked up a fuck load of injuries, Solomon, Hojbjerg, Perisic, Johnson were all being used as rotation options off the bench in the latter stages (this was before Lo Celso and Bentancur were fit).

We had the tools to more or less compete this season bar the CB cover.

I'm getting mixed messages but that might be me. Posto has said he puts a team out to win every match. But it seems to be a fairly long term project. He is not feeling pressure on results because its early on within the project. The first stage of instilling a mentality into the players as to our style of play is still being worked on. In which case I am guessing Levy has not set any unrealistic targets such as top 4 ?
As has been said if the above has any credence, why is winning so imperative to Posto. ? I would have thought development is the priority.

Last edited:
I'm getting mixed messages but that might be me. Posto has said he puts a team out to win every match. But it seems to be a fairly long term project. He is not feeling pressure on results because its early on within the project. The first stage of instilling a mentality into the players as to our style of play is still being worked on. In which case I am guessing Levy has not set any unrealistic targets such as top 4 ?
As has said if the above has any credence, why is winning so imperative to Posto. ? I would have thought development is the priority.

Why can't both things be true?

The comments from so many criticising Ange and current results.

We are 15 games in. Loads of injuries. He's only been able to play his best team in 10 of those.

We have too many square pegs for round holes. And people criticising how it is.

The performance against West Ham was disappointing in the second half, no question, but across the last five games, it hasn't been terrible and in many we should have been out of sight. It's not like Jose, Nuno and Conte. It will come together.
What are the square pegs / round holes. I think most of the team are playing in positions they prefer. Some are by choice like playing BJ on the left when his predominant lay played on the right.

Back
Top Bottom