Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moyes simply contained us for the first half - West Ham actually had the best chance of the half, but Paqueta failed to pull the trigger.

In the second half he allowed his team, who are playing more football than anyone in the league mind, to press all over the pitch. This forced mistakes from us and it resulted in good opportunities. The second goal in particular highlighted how West Ham had got into our heads and made us jittery.

So Moyes basically schooled Ange and has laid the blueprint for everyone else to follow. Let Spurs blow themselves out first half and then take advantage in the second.

We will be lucky to get Europe this season and my money will be on WHU having a more successful season.
Arnt they 3 points behind us, in last 8 of league cup and through into next round of Europa. Not to be sniffed at tbh.

Absolutely. See Sessignon, Gill, Rodon, Johnson, Njie, Nkoudo, Clarcke, Djed Spence, Foyth....etc.

We spent the same money on Foyth, Njie, Nkoudou, Clarke, Spence and Rodon combined that we did on Ndombele.

When a cheap player flops it’s no big deal. When a £60m player flops it’s a disaster for a non-oil club like us. See also Richarlison.

Half this forum "gee I never saw that coming...."

Weird considering we bought Porro, Kulusevski and Bentancur the last 2 Jan windows.

I don’t disagree with you…

But that’s the club you support.

Nobody is forcing you and complaining about isn’t going to change the model.
Fair enough Richard. But you complain too, my friend.
Maybe just not as much as me.
The thing a few other, more aggressive posters should remember is the only reason I (or we) complain is because we care.
We want to see the club (or more specifically the team) succeed and believe those that make the decisions have proven their priorities aren't in the proper order.

Last edited:
The thing a few other, more aggressive posters should remember is the only reason I (or we) complain is because we care. We want to see the club succeed and believe those that make the decisions have proven their priorities aren't in the proper order.
No Way Bullshit GIF by StittsvilleOnPatrol

The thing a few other, more aggressive posters should remember is the only reason I (or we) complain is because we care.
We want to see the club (or more specifically the team) succeed and believe those that make the decisions have proven their priorities aren't in the proper order.

Mate I haven’t seen anything from you enjoying any of the wins or good times at the start of the season. Haven’t really seen you doing any of things that fans of the football team would do.

Just saying what I see

Mate I haven’t seen anything from you enjoying any of the wins or good times at the start of the season. Haven’t really seen you doing any of things that fans of the football team would do.

Just saying what I see
There are probably tens of thousands of Spurs fans who don't feel the urge to post on a football forum to celebrate every victory.
That doesn’t obligate them to not still post on a football forum to vent their frustrations and call out what they see as the underlying problem at their football club.

Anyway. There is a wonderful feature that sets this particular forum apart from most others....The ignore function.

If people take umbrance with what I post, they don't have to read it. .
Thats probably why I'm one of the most ignored posters, as are some of the more extreme posters on the other side of the coin.
But they have absolutely no right to dictate a) my opinions. .Or b) when I should post them.

And regarding the early wins, I had a strong suspicion it was a false dawn and had no intention of getting carried away with the early promise that was being shown.

Last edited:
There are probably tens of thousands of Spurs fans who don't feel the urge to post on a football forum to celebrate every victory.
That doesn’t obligate them to not still post on a football forum to vent their frustrations and call out what they see as the underlying problem at their football club.

Anyway. There is a wonderful feature that sets this particular forum apart from most others....The ignore function.

If people take umbrance with what I post, they don't have to read it. .
Thats probably why I'm one of the most ignored posters, as are some on the other side of the coin.
But they have absolutely no right to dictate a) my opinions. .Or b) when I should post them.

And regarding the early wins, I had a strong suspicion it was a false dawn and had no intention of getting carried away with the early promise that was being shown.

Not gonna lie that was too many words for me to read mate but have a good game tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you.

spPadre24 spPadre24 , curious as to what part of this you disagree with ?
Yeah not sure what happened there, losing games consistently after going ahead in games invites all the different types of blow back you are right as rain, this season the type 2/3 fun has come mid way through and not at the start, the class of Madders in unpicking defences looked like it could be replaced with Bentancur, who I hadn't watched at all previously but he is a jet and to see him go down hurt.

Disagree removed, will blame slow internet on holiday, fat fingers, too many disagrees with melt posts

Yeah not sure what happened there, losing games consistently after going ahead in games invites all the different types of blow back you are right as rain, this season the type 2/3 fun has come mid way through and not at the start, the class of Madders in unpicking defences looked like it could be replaced with Bentancur, who I hadn't watched at all previously but he is a jet and to see him go down hurt.

Disagree removed, will blame slow internet on holiday, fat fingers, too many disagrees with melt posts

All good matey.

The interplay between the wingers and the full backs needs to improve with out the incisive passing options Madders and Bentancur give, if it's obvious to everyone watching I have no doubt that Ange and the coaching staff are looking at it, putting people into space is Angeball and what's happening on the wings is not up to scratch, some guile combined with hard running and a desire to get in behind and cause havoc hasn't been there the last few games. Every game from now on is an opportunity for the players to show how much they want it.

Every club around us can buy and afford elite players except Spurs.

The mentality of spurs fans is so cucked. We all know these are the excuses when Levy comes under scrutiny again. The Ange fanboys arent even ange fanboys they are just Levybots that praise his managerial appointments and like always it starts well and then sours quickly but watch them throw Ange under the bus the moment Levys name starts getting mentioned.

Get the ENIC graphs ready levybots

Every club around us can buy and afford elite players except Spurs.

The mentality of spurs fans is so cucked. We all know these are the excuses when Levy comes under scrutiny again. The Ange fanboys arent even ange fanboys they are just Levybots that praise his managerial appointments and like always it starts well and then sours quickly but watch them throw Ange under the bus the moment Levys name starts getting mentioned.

Get the ENIC graphs ready levybots

Mate, I’m no Levy lover. As you can see from this:

Didn't have Richard Arlison beefing Joan Thomas on my bingo card but there we go.

But honestly, give it a fucking rest will you? Please.

I actually had a lift today and I’m feeling much more chilled. You should try it.

Back
Top Bottom