Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd definitely agree if we're working under the assumption that the team would be playing like an Angeball side. Vicario is just better suited to it than prime Lloris ever was, IMO. Better with his feet.

People forget that Hugo was one of the OG sweeper keepers(*); which totally fit the high line remit.

(*Before Sweeper Keeper morphed to merely mean good with your feet.)

Yeah. I'd have Romero in place of Toby. VDV for sure has potential to displace Jan, but not there yet. I'd also go Vicario vs Lloris.

Vicario will overtake the GK that Lloris was at his peak bit still really early in his Spurs career. Tempting already though.
IF we were playing Poch-ball then

Rom / VDV / Jan

Would be a sick 3CB combo.

If it's Poch ball 3 atb what about:

Romero Toby VDV

That is fucking unreal.

Vicario will overtake the GK that Lloris was at his peak bit still really early in his Spurs career. Tempting already though.

Romero Toby VDV

That is fucking unreal.
We'd be better playing Angeball! That team was perhaps better in the final third than the current team thanks to peak Dele, peak Eriksen and Kane. BUT, we're yet to really see what the current squad can do, and I expect the current team to surpass that team in terms of performances and success.

Romero Toby VDV

That is fucking unreal.

I prefer what I posted on the basis that the outer two can both roam and push fwd aggressively with VDV playing a full-blown sweeper function (Toby wouldn't have that recovery pace).

Jan was a fucking Rolls Royce... No way I'm not picking him.

I prefer what I posted on the basis that the outer two can both roam and push fwd aggressively with VDV playing a full-blown sweeper function (Toby wouldn't have that recovery pace).

Jan was a fucking Rolls Royce... No way I'm not picking him.

My 3 had Toby stepping up with and without the ball, almost playing 6 and pinging them about. Romero and VDV there to clean up the channels on either side like they do now. Jan could play LWB in this fantasy.

I'm not signing off on this until hear from Zest Zest
MSM, loads of it.

Magnesium in the afternoon/evening, loads of it (massages with oil, Epsom salts baths). Calcium, in Alkaline form AM.

Basically nutrition the crap into them.

Think you said recently about adjustment training.

Rotate the squad more, have a Sports scientist follow a sprint data feed (get VDV off if high speed sprinted 3x after 15mins of second half, if possible) etc.

Tough one, to a degree gotta push through it, but the number is alarming.

Wonder why they didn't write this article before the season, explaining why we would get a lot of hamstring injuries in the first season.

The answer is that its all conjecture, complete guesswork and at absolute best you could perhaps find correlation.

Tldr: bollocks
Lots of Celtic fans did warn us of this pre-season.

Been looking at suggestions beyond the usual Vits/Mins/Supps… was looking into Cayenne and Vasodilation but nothing showed directly, but found this which I liked :

Natural Remedies for a Pulled Muscle to Keep You in the Game

Some is not right (like Omega3 in Olive Oil, which has 10x the Omega6 to Omega3, which you do not want). But interesting (would say Flaxoil as the oil medium in place of Olive Oil, better perhaps Flax and Cocunut Oil mixed 50/50).

Wonder why they didn't write this article before the season, explaining why we would get a lot of hamstring injuries in the first season.

The answer is that its all conjecture, complete guesswork and at absolute best you could perhaps find correlation.

Tldr: bollocks
As above, it was already well known to people who followed Ange at Celti, and elsewhere. It just took the English media a bit longer to catch up.

Today I read, in an interview with my Swedish team's new coach that he said they want to play like Spurs. Must admit I'm thrilled about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom