Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Asian Cup is bringing to the fore inadvertently how lucky we are to have Ange and his style of football at this club.

The discontent here from the local football public at watching Arnold's archaic and generally drab style of football has heightened the sympathy felt towards Ange for his treatment as national coach. Fans openly pining to return to Ange's football even if we lose every game as at least we'd be having a go and playing attractive football.

And the last 6 months watching Spurs certainly has that feeling to it. Even when we lose I enjoy watching us play far more than any game under Conte or Mourinho.

Football Australia and the Australian football media tried to push out Ange to get their buddy Graham Arnold into the NT job. We are getting what we deserve. I haven't been able to sit through a full 90 minutes of the Socceroos since Ange left.

Feels like an eternity FFS…
City break their drought, but not the one that matters
3-2
First goal for Werner
Porro superstar again

The Asian Cup is bringing to the fore inadvertently how lucky we are to have Ange and his style of football at this club.

The discontent here from the local football public at watching Arnold's archaic and generally drab style of football has heightened the sympathy felt towards Ange for his treatment as national coach. Fans openly pining to return to Ange's football even if we lose every game as at least we'd be having a go and playing attractive football.

And the last 6 months watching Spurs certainly has that feeling to it. Even when we lose I enjoy watching us play far more than any game under Conte or Mourinho.
It’s the most average Australia squad in years. Toothless and lacking creativity. Just like Football Australia.

Maybe it's my Ange bias but Australian football (A-League and International) definitely went down hill after he left.
Ange had Rogic and Cahill to work with at least. Not sure if Mooy played for him in the National side. But Arnie has none of them. Luongo is a loss for Arnie too. They’re just a bunch of battlers now.

Qt1Ce4n.jpeg

This year for me is about growth. You don't want to orchestrate these scenarios, where we get challenged and have players missing, but the fact that we've gone through it, I just think has accelerated our growth.

If we had everything run smoothly, you'd be worrying it would hit us at some stage and how are we going to react to it. We could have flown through this first half of the year and I'm sure all the questions to me would've been, 'what happens when there's a hiccup?' and I wouldn't have been able to answer that question, I'd bluff my way through it but I wouldn't have been able to really answer it, but I already know, I've seen the resilience and part of that is how I've dealt with those absences.

Everyone’s been very kind to me and really supportive because they can see what I’m trying to do but they don’t leave me guessing about what the objective is, but that’s fine because that’s what you want - you want passionate supporters and it’s right our supporters feel that way, but I can’t let that dictate what I do.

Because I know what I need to do to take this football club to where it needs to be. It will not come from the joy of a one-off. I know that it would probably be good for me if it happens. It would be great for me, but it’s not what I’m interested in. I’m interested in taking this club to a level where it has success on a regular basis.

[The FA Cup] is very important, not because of any other reason but what it would mean to our supporters. We, as in managers and players, come and go. Even the great ones at some point finish, but the supporters are always there. They’ve had to sit through year after year of not winning a trophy, watching other clubs win trophies so you know what it means.

But I’ve said before that can’t chart my course of what I want to build here. I want to build a team that brings success and challenges for trophies every year, because while one trophy will satisfy that thirst, which I understand, if the following year we struggle and fall back to mediocrity then it will quickly get forgotten and that’s not what this club is about.

My goal when I was brought in was to take this club to be a club which competes for honours every year and that’s what I’m focused on. This game is part of that process obviously, but I’m under no illusions of what bringing a trophy to this club means to the supporters, I understand that, but my objective within that is to give them that joy on a regular basis and not just as a one-off.

[The FA Cup] is very important, not because of any other reason but what it would mean to our supporters. We, as in managers and players, come and go. Even the great ones at some point finish, but the supporters are always there. They’ve had to sit through year after year of not winning a trophy, watching other clubs win trophies so you know what it means.

But I’ve said before that can’t chart my course of what I want to build here. I want to build a team that brings success and challenges for trophies every year, because while one trophy will satisfy that thirst, which I understand, if the following year we struggle and fall back to mediocrity then it will quickly get forgotten and that’s not what this club is about.

My goal when I was brought in was to take this club to be a club which competes for honours every year and that’s what I’m focused on. This game is part of that process obviously, but I’m under no illusions of what bringing a trophy to this club means to the supporters, I understand that, but my objective within that is to give them that joy on a regular basis and not just as a one-off.
Well said Ange

Back
Top Bottom