Another new manager poll (apologies)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which of the 3 favourites would you pick as new manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who doesnt want him?

Don't think Arcspace is too keen on the guy, from what I have read I would say a majority would take him if FDB ain't coming, but we are hardly going to get fully agreement after all what would Spurs be if we all agreed, more fun this way.

Voted Benitez

Would be quite happy with Frank de Boer and terribly disappointed with the poor man's AVB

Not calling you out personally ArcspacE ArcspacE but it is also reactions like this which make me think Pochettino is a bad choice. He will divide fans straight away with a number wanting his head after 1 game just because they feel he's similar to AVB. Frank De Boer at least commands respect from his time as a playe (I hope).

Not calling you out personally ArcspacE ArcspacE but it is also reactions like this which make me think Pochettino is a bad choice. He will divide fans straight away with a number wanting his head after 1 game just because they feel he's similar to AVB. Frank De Boer at least commands respect from his time as a playe (I hope).
I don't think he's similar to AVB - I think his worse than AVB and that's beyond the glaringly obvious statistics, etc.

If AVB was a lateral move from Redknapp (and Sherwood a step-back) - then shouldn't we expect someone who would improve us and actually signal a positive move?

Having said that - any name would divide the fans as the last 3-4 managers have demonstrated so there's no win/win really - as long as we move forward

On a personal level - I would be severely disappointed and worried if we appointed this no-mark man

Well LVG now officially off to Manure we move on with relief.
For me first preference is Rafa based on results, attitude and capacity to enhance our reputation.
If Rafa off limits based on recents comments he is staying at Napoli either of FDB or MP would be very good.

Whoever we get, he'll need to jump straight into a winning streak or people will be calling for his head.

Trouble is, unless he keeps that streak up until the end of the season, it'll raise our hopes and when there's a patch of bad results, people will be calling for his head.

The new bloke will need a trophy or 4th place to get a second season and I would bet on Benitez ahead of Poch and FdB to achieve that.

Whoever we get, he'll need to jump straight into a winning streak or people will be calling for his head.
People were openly booing at AVB's second game already - I wouldn't hold my breath

Our fanbase is extremely polarised at the moment - possibly at the highest level ever

As much as it pains me to have to state the obvious. but we ain't a top 4 side. We are a top 6 club.
So until Enic bail-out and flog my beloved Tottenham to some guzillianair from far afield (and I pray they do not!) Then this is my reality/expectation for the next 3 seasons. Continuously bouncing around the top 6, flirting
on occasion with 3rd/4th. Ending up with Europa League football. Having some great nights at The Lane in
this comp. Maybe even picking up the trophy once in that 3 years, now it has taken on its new dimension.
This and more importantly for me. Seeing the stability and dignity brought back the The Lane. Along with a
style of football, that we demand. Which would see us distinguish ourselves against our London counterparts
and more!

Currently, and I mean over the next 3 seasons. Can we realistically expect any more?

COYS!!

I was going to post a poll asking who do you think WILL be the new manager. Head over heart etc, because I reckon after a couple of days It will give us the answer. I.e, whoever leads the poll will indeed become our new man. But I though I might get abuse for posting another poll. I think I`ll post a poll asking if I should post the poll. Or maybe someone else can post it for me
:levyeyes:

Who doesnt want him?
The 94% who voted for someone else I guess. Just for the record, I`m one of the 6%. But if FDB included Bergkamp in the package I`d vote for him. Just so we could take mini inflatable "Bergkamp in Spurs shirt" statues to WHL

Just a few numbers

Pochettino's record with Saints - 38% win rate
AVB's record - 55% win rate
Sherwood's record - 50% win rate
Frank dB - 60% win rate (only 33% in Europe with a -19 GD)
Benitez - England only - 59%
- Overall - 51%

Last edited:
Don't think Arcspace is too keen on the guy, from what I have read I would say a majority would take him if FDB ain't coming, but we are hardly going to get fully agreement after all what would Spurs be if we all agreed, more fun this way.

We will never get a full concensus, in general from what Ive seen on here though while most want FDB, they would be happy enough with Pochettino.

Which is quite differerent from not wanting Pochettino, IMO.

Also I think either are about as near as we will get to the majority of fans being on board with it.

De Boer's record in Europe has always been my one concern over his possible appointment but that said, I don't think it is necessarily proof of him not being the right manager, however it must be a slight concern.

Benitez is a whore but as a proven, successful manager I would begrudgingly accept him being our manager.

Either way, I just hope the appointment happens asap.

Benitez because you know what you are getting. Another bad manager choice at this stage and we could easily go back ten years. I think a lot if people need to realise that we need to undo the damage of the last couple of seasons where we should have pushed on following redknapps departure but instead stepped backwards.
Let's steady the ship, get competitive again, then if Benitez doesn't take us forward enough (which he might anyhow) then go for the next appointment that fits an improved spurs in a couple if seasons time.

I haven't got a clue anymore. For every one, there's pro's and cons, and without a crystal ball, it's impossible to call.
Ultimately I'll be glad just as soon as we've got someone in, from those candidates.

Back
Top Bottom