Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the day I don’t think the dressing room situation here got anywhere near as bad as it did at United or his second Chelsea stint. We pulled the plug before it could get there.

It’s the football that went to shit, because Jose didn’t trust his team to do anything but bunker and hope by the end.

You could be right but I think there clearly were a lot more players happy to see Jose go at Spurs than players at Inter when Conte left.

Conte doesn't have a history of creating a toxic room like Jose does.

Ultimately the comparison is a lazy one and the poster has shown nothing to back up his argument and in fact posted plenty to show that Conte and Jose are very different. But he has chosen to die on that hill and will continue along no matter what the facts show.

You could be right but I think there clearly were a lot more players happy to see Jose go at Spurs than players at Inter when Conte left.

Ultimately the comparison is a lazy one and the poster has shown nothing to back up his argument and in fact posted plenty to show that Conte and Jose are very different. But he has chosen to die on that hill and will continue along no matter what the facts show.

Conte even parks the bus like mourinho apparently:

Conte even parks the bus like mourinho apparently:

Cassano is one of the biggest morons in football history. Conte's Inter scored the second most goals in Serie A two years running, and they were only second to Atalanta who play suicidal gung-ho football so regularly score 4 or 5.

In the title winning year they scored one less goal than that side. Park the bus? Maybe when appropriate, but certainly not consistently.

The process had started here, but it got REALLY poisonous at the previous two stops.

Which is why I ultimately felt it was the right call to cut bait, though the very specific timing the week of a cup final was shameful.

There will be complaints about Conte’s football, and he’s not a magician, there are still major deficiencies in the squad that don’t just disappear.

But Conte has always gotten his teams singing from the same songsheet and giving everything for him, I would expect the same here. And that would make for a much more pleasant watch.

I still will not believe this until I see it, same as July.

When Mourinho throws a player under a bus it's because he's fucked up and looking for a scapegoat.
When Conte throws a player under the bus it's because the player is shit.

And he probably actually throws him under a bus.

I realize people are fucked off with Kane, but the idea the Conte is going to rock up and immediately bin off Kane is absolute lunacy.
Kane may well be better as bringing in Conte snd spending what will be required to keep him happy must surely equal a club’s ‘ambition’?

However, could be that Kane is the golden goose being sold to finance a rebuild.

Kane may well be better as bringing in Conte snd spending what will be required to keep him happy must surely equal a club’s ‘ambition’?

However, could be that Kane is the golden goose being sold to finance a rebuild.
Either outcome here is best.
He turns his shit around and scores 20 league goals propelling us up the table and into CL challenge.
Or he goes and someone else does.

Back
Top Bottom