Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, Conte and Jose teams are very different. Both United and Spurs under Jose were passively defensive, sitting deep and relying on individual moments. His whole philosophy is wait for the other team to make mistakes whereas modern teams force errors and take risks.

Conte teams press, they aren't passive. He likes defensive solidity but he's not a coward.
It was also easier and less tactically complex to punish a devil-may-care Fergie or Wenger team on the break than it is against a cagey well organized Pep or Klopp team.

You can still figure out little tricks with great players. For a couple of months that interchange of Kane coming short and looking for a streaking Son absolutely tore up the trillion pound data-obsessed PL. But it didn’t have staying power.

Conte last won the league in 2016. Jose won it in 2014. Big whoop. Stop acting like theres a century between them 😂😂. Its 2 fucking seasons.

Shit i didnt even realise but mourinho won a league cup with united too.

So in the premier league since 2014:

Conte: 1 league title, 1 FA cup
Mourinho. 1 league title, 1 europa league cup, 2 league cups

Mourinho also got a 2nd place finish with united. Shitting on the europa cup basically means shitting on spurs too. You may say the league cup is shit but that hasnt stopped man city from winning it 4 times in a row.

The only difference is conte has more recent success in the serie A. Yeah cant argue with that, mourinho was managing this shower of shit 😂 contes turn now. And the serie A isnt the PL so its a moot point really.

Yes there is a big difference you can keep trying to pretend there isn’t but there is a massive difference in the recent results of the two managers.

He's not in AC Milan team, and did not even get into Italy's squad for the Euros.

Romero and Tangnaga is a very good combo for CB and RCB.
For the third CB, perhaps we can go for:
Lacroix N'dicka Tapsoba
Lacroix plays most on the right side. N'dicka is no better than Romagnoli and will cost 10-15 mill more than the Italian so what's the point. Tapsoba I've never heard of.

Yes there is a big difference you can keep trying to pretend there isn’t but there is a massive difference in the recent results of the two managers.
The fundamental difference between Mourinho’s football and the common elements of Pep, Klopp, Poch, and Conte is the moment of losing posession in the attacking third.

For Mourinho that moment requires retreat and a quick return to a protective shape to stymie any counterattack and keep the game under control.

The new football is built on attacking and forcing mistakes and immediate recapture of the ball, the concept being that if done correctly, those situations can be far more valuable to you than your opponent.

It will go the same way as mourinho.

He will come in after levy promises the world .
It will sink in pretty quickly the heap of shite that he has to work with in defence and midfield .
Come jan, we might make a signing or 2 maybe one player he actually wants if he is lucky , come the summer it will dawn on conte that levy has bullshitted him , after he can’t sign anyone he wants .

Then start of the new season he will have the hump , and fuck off this time next year .

Then we will draft in Brendan Todgers or Harry Potter

Not necessarily. The timing is different, I think Jose was grateful to have a go with Spurs and blow some smoke up Levy's arse about our squad. Conte wasn't desperate, he's not someone who has to prove he's still got it, because he won Serie A last season and he has improved the last 3 teams he's managed at club level and won league titles with them all. Levy will have gone cap in hand to Conte, that wasn't the case with Mourinho in my opinion.

And Levy is under a little bit of pressure for once, has has made a series of shit decisions over the past couple of years. He thought he could play a bit of hardball with Conte in the summer and Conte told him to fuck off. Now Levy needs a major coup to get him out of jail and he's had to give in to what Conte wants. Mourinho didn't have the same demands of Levy that Conte has, because Mourinho was just glad to get the job and try to prove he's still relevant.

If it were 100% Conte's choice, which players are realistically staying and full time starters under him?

I think he's about to replace the entire team.

I think he'll first have work out which players are plain shit and which ones are under performing. What we see on matchday may not represent what coaching staff see in training.
If he sees something in the underperforming players and thinks he can get something, they'll probably be in line.

But realistically, based on current evidence.

Lloris. Romero. Royal. Reguilon. Son.
That's really it for now. The issue with the rest is they're just not adding anything of note and so are interchangeable.
Dier is a constant liability. Davies, Doherty, Tanganaga are all meh to bad. Rodon is an enigma.
Skipp and Hoijberg as much of a barrier to our own attack than to opposition attacks. They just don't link defence and attack.
I love an on song Ndombele but he's gonna have to really work hard and produce the goods. I'm also not convinced he enjoys a deeper role or looks good there at all.
GLC needs to wake up or fuck off as he's done little as a deep lying play maker or an AM
Moura and Bergwjin are just runners. They do little else.
Kane either knuckles down or sits out.

This is where I think our squad is.

There is no hope for Winks, Dele, Sanchez and others I've probably forgotten.

You guys dont know what you want 😂 what happens when conte starts laying into these soft pussyboy players we have and they get upset? When mourinho did it he was “upsetting the dressing room”

So what happens when conte does it?

How can you say that! 3 league titles at his last 3 clubs and a lowest finish of 5th vs 1 league title and being sacked at your last 3 clubs for having them bottom half is 100% the same.

The last time Jose was relevant was winning the league at Chelsea. Nobody cares about him winning 2nd or 3rd grade trophies for United when we're talking a club who were spending at oil club levels while he was there. Everywhere he goes now its shit football and maybe a minor cup or two if you're very lucky.

Back
Top Bottom