Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be surprised if it's

Lloris
Dier - Romero - Davies
Emerson - Hojberg - Skipp - Reguilon
Lucas - Son
Kane​
Davies though............
Baby Reaction GIF

I think he'll first have work out which players are plain shit and which ones are under performing. What we see on matchday may not represent what coaching staff see in training.
If he sees something in the underperforming players and thinks he can get something, they'll probably be in line.

But realistically, based on current evidence.

Lloris. Romero. Royal. Reguilon. Son.
That's really it for now. The issue with the rest is they're just not adding anything of note and so are interchangeable.
Dier is a constant liability. Davies, Doherty, Tanganaga are all meh to bad. Rodon is an enigma.
Skipp and Hoijberg as much of a barrier to our own attack than to opposition attacks. They just don't link defence and attack.
I love an on song Ndombele but he's gonna have to really work hard and produce the goods. I'm also not convinced he enjoys a deeper role or looks good there at all.
GLC needs to wake up or fuck off as he's done little as a deep lying play maker or an AM
Moura and Bergwjin are just runners. They do little else.
Kane either knuckles down or sits out.

This is where I think our squad is.

There is no hope for Winks, Dele, Sanchez and others I've probably forgotten.
Yeah I agree for the most part.

I can't see how he's going to get excited seeing that squad right now.

He's going to need 200 million to put a competitive side out there.

You guys dont know what you want 😂 what happens when conte starts laying into these soft pussyboy players we have and they get upset? When mourinho did it he was “upsetting the dressing room”

So what happens when conte does it?

Because he's an utter twat. Conte might be tough, he may well fall out with some individuals, but unlike Jose he hasn't completely lost the dressing room at the last three clubs he's managed, to the point where they all end up with relegation level form just to force him out.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's

Lloris
Dier - Romero - Davies
Emerson - Hojberg - Skipp - Reguilon
Lucas - Son
Kane​
I don’t think Emerson can play as a wing back. I think Conte will look to bring someone in Doherty may be able to play as a stop gap as he’s more natural getting forward. Maybe Lucas drops to that spot as well.

You guys dont know what you want 😂 what happens when conte starts laying into these soft pussyboy players we have and they get upset? When mourinho did it he was “upsetting the dressing room”

Jose has a history of creating toxic dressing rooms Conte doesn’t.

Do you think Klopp, Tuchel, Pep don’t go hard at their players when they deserve it? Somehow they aren’t Jose.

There is a massive difference.

The difference between Conte and Mourinho is that one comes as an elite manager, the other came as a washed-up, toxic, Chavs legend cunt. Pretty sure most if not all the fans will support Conte whereas most of us couldn’t stand Mourinho as our manager.

Jose has a history of creating toxic dressing rooms Conte doesn’t.

Do you think Klopp, Tuchel, Pep don’t go hard at their players when they deserve it? Somehow they aren’t Jose.

There is a massive difference.
At the end of the day I don’t think the dressing room situation here got anywhere near as bad as it did at United or his second Chelsea stint. We pulled the plug before it could get there.

It’s the football that went to shit, because Jose didn’t trust his team to do anything but bunker and hope by the end.

People live in their own little dream world sometimes, Conte would absolutely love to work with Kane

Yep, I posted his quotes from Euro 2020 earlier, Conte has long been a huge admirer of Kane. Before that he said he was easily a 100m+ forward and one of the very best players in world football. One of his first aims I think will be to try and light a fire under him, not kick him out. I wouldn't be surprised if he built the side round Kane in the way he built Inter round Lukaku.

Not necessarily. The timing is different, I think Jose was grateful to have a go with Spurs and blow some smoke up Levy's arse about our squad. Conte wasn't desperate, he's not someone who has to prove he's still got it, because he won Serie A last season and he has improved the last 3 teams he's managed at club level and won league titles with them all. Levy will have gone cap in hand to Conte, that wasn't the case with Mourinho in my opinion.

And Levy is under a little bit of pressure for once, has has made a series of shit decisions over the past couple of years. He thought he could play a bit of hardball with Conte in the summer and Conte told him to fuck off. Now Levy needs a major coup to get him out of jail and he's had to give in to what Conte wants. Mourinho didn't have the same demands of Levy that Conte has, because Mourinho was just glad to get the job and try to prove he's still relevant.
It’s a nice theory. It’s something I would love to be true .
Sadly , i think this time next year , it will be the same old script ……..tears before bedtime

Back
Top Bottom