Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is we are caught between a rock and hard place. What is conte saying we have vision for young players and accessible salaries? Who dies he want and what would their age and salaries be?
He's made it pretty clear this isn't what he wants; that quote uses terms like 'the club's vision' and 'Tottenham wants'.

But, I wouldn't read too much into what this might say about Conte's state of mind; he's known this for quite some time. Back in February, he said, "[w]e lost four... important players [in January]... and we brought in only two... Bentancur and Kulusevski are ideal prospects for Tottenham, because Tottenham are seeking young players they can develop and grow, not players who are ready... I have realised now that this is the vision of the club".

Oh yea, real character to jog around like little girls with no grit, passion and aggression...
Real character of having played Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, ManU and come out with 1 draw, 3 losses and GD of 9:4... And guess what? ALL of the top teams will already go for kill during this time where we limp around. We can turn over some bottom half teams like Leeds and can fight back to level terms with Brendford. But if you want to be taken seriously, you have to compete full 90 minutes. If you shoot yourself in foot in start of marathon, you are fucking stupid not heroic.

We continue to be on 53 points per season trajectory for a while now. That is roughly 8th-10th place in past 5 years. To me, this is pure shit. Leaking 15 goals in 9 games is pure shit. Going 4 games without scoring from open play is pure shit. I don't know what standards you set for your beloved team ofc.

Only part I can agree to is the fact that losing our fitness coach in such tragic manner had to be shock to the squad and management team. One cannot be prepared for such outcomes.
Agree with most of what you say however we have playing shit all season and slow starts before the tragic and untimely death of the fitness coach. Also I suspect he didn’t dictate the tactics.

Oh yes it is Conte's problem.
If he was and is shit, maybe let's not start him in every fucking occasion? Has he considered this as an option?
son is last year top scorer of the league.
it's easy to understand why conte continues to start him, our chances to do a great season are close dependent of key men performances, and son is one of them and has to be rescued in order to save us

We stole the best player from 2 different EPL clubs in the summer.
We brought him a player with international pedigree that had success with him in previous club.
Plus we took some punts as well.
He was backed. Sure, 1 more player (CB/AM) would have been even better.

But there is no hiding from the fact - we are absolute shit compared to last season and currently on certain path to 7th-9th place finish.

One player does not know where other is. And we do not even turn up to games for first 45 minutes. We are burning in all fronts.
It is not about backing. It is about the dumpsterfire we see on the pitch. Half of the lads here could be managers if their 1st choice player would be purchased for every position, that is not what he is paid for.

And if you want to talk loser mentality, look no further than the guy picking lineups and presisting with RWB that has 0 attributes for his role or with LW who has scored 0 goals from 13 league starts this season and contributes little else. Look no further than the guy who keeps around players that play less than a game with first half of the season. Look no further than the manager who oversees his side scoring 0 goals from open play in 4 games, yet changes nothing. How is continuing like this "best chance" when you can see what Howe has done with similar budget, much lower starting point and similar resources ?!?

Baffles me how some see that one side cannot do any wrong and all of his mistakes are on someone else...
Well I guess it is history

Conte has a record of winning things v Levy a record of not winning things . It kind of gives the impression one knows what he is doing and the other , not so much

Mourhino is finished in my opinion and I was glad to see him go , but he knicked a two bob trophy at Roma yet nothing working for Levy .

Redknapp won an FA cup with Portsmouth FFS

23 years and one Carling Cup , there is only one constant . Leicester were miles behind us but with great scouting won a league title and FA cup . Whichever way you cut it Levy had a massive advantage and a thirteen year head start on Leicester’s owners. Yes they now have problems because Covid has nuked the owners main business but they are in the History books winning the Prem
Of course it was not sustainable they are Leicester ffs , but Levy has had 23 years to put in place a team who could find a Mahrez , Kante, Vardy , Chillwell , Fofana , etc , they even turned a mega profit on Maguire .
Bale and Modric in 23 years one could throw in the mix , Bale was a well known rising star even if he didn’t show it at first , he was not a Mahrez or Kante type signing . Pleat who pre dates Levy was responsible for finding Dele

Not sure how anyone can look at ENIC and think they have done well for the club

Challenging for the title in January, Levy delivered Harry 36 year old New Zealand international Ryan Nelsen and a totally broken Saha on free transfers . What more proof do people need about a lack of ambition

Last edited:
it's easy to understand why conte continues to start him, our chances to do a great season are close dependent of key men performances, and son is one of them and has to be rescued in order to save us
Which is no different to when Jose was here? We rely on lane and Son to score the goals on the counter unless kulu can do some magic. We really haven’t developed a way for the whole team to create chances.

ENIC are basically a juxtaposition.

They likely want success but every time they try to do something to make that success happen they actually set us back.
It's coming to the point where they have the chance to move us up a level, all the components are there and it just needs a few tweaks,

gone christmas GIF

Oh yea, real character to jog around like little girls with no grit, passion and aggression...
Real character of having played Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, ManU and come out with 1 draw, 3 losses and GD of 9:4... And guess what? ALL of the top teams will already go for kill during this time where we limp around. We can turn over some bottom half teams like Leeds and can fight back to level terms with Brendford. But if you want to be taken seriously, you have to compete full 90 minutes. If you shoot yourself in foot in start of marathon, you are fucking stupid not heroic.

We continue to be on 53 points per season trajectory for a while now. That is roughly 8th-10th place in past 5 years. To me, this is pure shit. Leaking 15 goals in 9 games is pure shit. Going 4 games without scoring from open play is pure shit. I don't know what standards you set for your beloved team ofc.

Only part I can agree to is the fact that losing our fitness coach in such tragic manner had to be shock to the squad and management team. One cannot be prepared for such outcomes.

I’m not saying everything is rosy. I’m saying the setbacks like the disallowed goal in the champions league, even the ridiculous lack of VAR on things like the rugby tackle on Kane v Brentford could’ve been understood for things to be even worse.
They aren’t good but the character has been there to prevent them being worse.

Until the day Conte leads his final training I will trust and respect him!
Should he want to go or have to go - I will thank him for the work he has done.
As of now, he is the coach of the team that has my support and love!
:coys:

30 points from 16 matches = 71.2 point trajectory actually.

Yea, add last season into it as well, it gets better.
I am talking about the reality we are in since end of autumn international break when we fell off the cliff; starting from Woolwich game.

Though in that sense it is fair comment that some prior points are in the bank.
17 points from first 7 games was nice (2,42 ppg) but it is history
Current form has been 13 points from following 9 games (1,44 ppg).

So it means we are on path to
17 from 7
and 1,44 from following 31 (44,64 - lets round it to 45)
that gives us 45+17= 62

So yea, for this season we could limp to 7th place. But only for this, starting from next we'd be starting without this 17 in 7 run...

Two questions -
1) How well is this rescue plan gone in terms of results?
2) Show me a top club who keeps starting their player that fails to fill his main role for 13 starts in a row?

Yea, add last season into it as well, it gets better.
I am talking about the reality we are in since end of autumn international break when we fell off the cliff; starting from Woolwich game.

Maybe in your mind you were. You didn't communicate it as such.

Though in that sense it is fair comment that some prior points are in the bank.
17 points from first 7 games was nice (2,42 ppg) but it is history
Current form has been 13 points from following 9 games (1,44 ppg).

So it means we are on path to
17 from 7
and 1,44 from following 31 (44,64 - lets round it to 45)
that gives us 45+17= 62

No it doesn't... It just means you're cherry-picking a cut-off point and your calculations seem to be based on playing Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, ManU in the league most weeks.

So yea, for this season we could limp to 7th place. But only for this, starting from next we'd be starting without this 17 in 7 run...

You could have saved yourself getting the calculator out.... You and I both know that a football season doesn't play out according to a few basic number crunches.

We have 22 games to play.... Projecting our entire season like that is futile.

Maybe in your mind you were. You didn't communicate it as such.

No it doesn't... It just means you're cherry-picking a cut-off point and your calculations seem to be based on playing Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, ManU in the league most weeks.

You could have saved yourself getting the calculator out.... You and I both know that a football season doesn't play out according to a few basic number crunches.

We have 22 games to play.... Projecting our entire season like that is futile.

Yes, I cleared up the cut-off point in the reply to your post.
I assume by now you got the point, even if initially it was not pointed out clearly enough?

About cherry-picking - I cannot help that there are two very distinct periods in this season. And shit one has lasted already longer.

To me it is different.
As mentioned -

First 7 games - 5 wins, 2 draws. 17 points. 2,4 ppg. GF 18 (2,57 pg) , GA 7 (1,0 pg) , GD +11.
Following 9 games - 4 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats. 13 points. 1.44 ppg GF 15 (1,66 pg), GA 16 (1,77), GD -1.

Now tell me, are those runs similar or different. To me it is night and day. Brilliant and pure shit.

I give you that, in those 9 games we have played Arsescum, ManuRe and Dippers. So 33% of the games has been against so called "top 6 opposition" but it is not that off the mark, given we have 5/19=26,3% of all the games against our "big 6 opposition".
So this run has been slightly more difficult then average, but not nearly enough to explain this drop in every imaginable metric.

Yes, I cleared up the cut-off point in the reply to your post.
I assume by now you got the point, even if initially it was not pointed out clearly enough?

About cherry-picking - I cannot help that there are two very distinct periods in this season. And shit one has lasted already longer.

To me it is different.
As mentioned -

First 7 games - 5 wins, 2 draws. 17 points. 2,4 ppg. GF 18 (2,57 pg) , GA 7 (1,0 pg) , GD +11.
Following 9 games - 4 wins, 1 draw, 4 defeats. 13 points. 1.44 ppg GF 15 (1,66 pg), GA 16 (1,77), GD -1.

Now tell me, are those runs similar or different. To me it is night and day. Brilliant and pure shit.

I give you that, in those 9 games we have played Arsescum, ManuRe and Dippers. So 33% of the games has been against so called "top 6 opposition" but it is not that off the mark, given we have 5/19=26,3% of all the games against our "big 6 opposition".
So this run has been slightly more difficult then average, but not nearly enough to explain this drop in every imaginable metric.

Get back to me at the end of the season. I will give a you a gold star for maths if it turns out you were correct.

Well I guess it is history

Conte has a record of winning things v Levy a record of not winning things . It kind of gives the impression one knows what he is doing and the other , not so much

Mourhino is finished in my opinion and I was glad to see him go , but he knicked a two bob trophy at Roma yet nothing working for Levy .

Redknapp won an FA cup with Portsmouth FFS

23 years and one Carling Cup , there is only one constant . Leicester were miles behind us but with great scouting won a league title and FA cup . Whichever way you cut it Levy had a massive advantage and a thirteen year head start on Leicester’s owners. Yes they now have problems because Covid has nuked the owners main business but they are in the History books winning the Prem
Of course it was not sustainable they are Leicester ffs , but Levy has had 23 years to put in place a team who could find a Mahrez , Kante, Vardy , Chillwell , Fofana , etc , they even turned a mega profit on Maguire .
Bale and Modric in 23 years one could throw in the mix , Bale was a well known rising star even if he didn’t show it at first , he was not a Mahrez or Kante type signing . Pleat who pre dates Levy was responsible for finding Dele

Not sure how anyone can look at ENIC and think they have done well for the club

Challenging for the title in January, Levy delivered Harry 36 year old New Zealand international Ryan Nelsen and a totally broken Saha on free transfers . What more proof do people need about a lack of ambition
🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅This has ended the debate about levy, ENIC and ambition (lack of) well said.

Back
Top Bottom