Antwerp v Spurs (Thursday 29th October @ 17.55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone surprised with Lloris over Hart? Does this mean Hart might start the next Premier League game? Surprised. Looks decent
Not many keepers would have got a hand on that Lanzini wonder strike but Loris did.
He is one of the best shot stoppers in the world.

Oh a Belgian beer debate? This is my personal favorite...

St_Bernardus_Abt_12_900.jpg
I remember that stuff (barely), isn't it about 13% or something?

Why do the BBC insist on calling Vinny, Alves Morais I wondered who it was at first as not heard him called that in other media.
They're his surnames, coming from his mother and father (I think that's right, it's the other way round in Spain)

So Carlos Vinicius are his first names (or Christian names if you're old school), he's the son of Senhora Alves and Senhor Morais.

Fun fact - when I became a Spanish citizen I had to take a second surname by law. This would normally have been my mum's maiden name but as she couldn't stand her family I wasn't keen on adding it. So I wrangled it for them to just double up my existing surname (which is what they do for children who don't know their father's surname, they just double up on the mum's name).

So I'm actually officially Bill Madrid Madrid (so good they named me twice)

:sonlol:

Back
Top Bottom