AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, you really are quite dim Sammy.

yJJR97N.jpg

Funny how you and Sanchez start insulting me for no reason......easier than accepting or addressing the fact that your hero fucked us off mid season and left us in the shit.....and it wasnt down to Levy or Ade or Sherwood.....he ditched us all by himself.

Hard to take for some, obviously. LOL

Funny how you and Sanchez start insulting me for no reason......easier than accepting or addressing the fact that your hero fucked us off mid season and left us in the shit.....and it wasnt down to Levy or Ade or Sherwood.....he ditched us all by himself.

Hard to take for some, obviously. LOL

No reason? Come come now Samuel....you know that when you come in to threads screaming 'it is black or white and never grey', people have all the reason they need to point out you're being a mong.

Funny how you and Sanchez start insulting me for no reason......easier than accepting or addressing the fact that your hero fucked us off mid season and left us in the shit.....and it wasnt down to Levy or Ade or Sherwood.....he ditched us all by himself
:carrollwtf:

Sammy, you're embarrassing yourself.

When AVB showed up at the training ground bringing presents for the players and staff I really don't think he did so with the expectation that he'd end the day "resigning."

Funnily enough, in the corporate world resigning and being fired aren't mutually exclusive. He got paid quite a lot of money to walk, and wasn't given much choice in the matter.

Haha....AVB "I resigned"

TFC experts: "Not true. He had no choice"

Whos embarrassing themselves? You are denying his own direct quotes for fucks sake.

I tell you a choice he had. Play Adebayor....even a novice could see that it would help the team...and thats exactly what happened.

Fucking laughable.....It never his fault. Fucking Teflon Don

No reason? Come come now Samuel....you know that when you come in to threads screaming 'it is black or white and never grey', people have all the reason they need to point out you're being a mong.

Its grey because you dont want to believe that AVB could possibly ditch us like a coward, say he was taking a break, then two weeks later join another club.

Was it "grey" when people were slating Levy for sacking him...?

We seem to breed them.....
:harrysmile::avbcringe::sherwoodwtf:

Difference is that not one person defended Redknapp for the England thing...and capitulation.

AVB capitulates.....first season....record points.....

5th is better than 4th

Our football is shit...gelling

AVB blames the fans....its the fans fault

AVB gets sacked for being shit....Levys a cunt

Oooops...no....AVB says he quit......nope. He didnt quit....he left with no choice...awwwww

People are now denying he resigned....even though he said it himself.....so they dont have to accept he left us in the shit and jumped ship. Retarded.

Last edited:
Difference is that not one person defended Redknapp for the England thing...

Our football is shit...gelling

AVB blames the fans....its the fans fault

AVB gets sacked for being shit....Levys a cunt

Oooops...no....AVB says he quit......nope. He didnt quit....he left with no choice...awwwww

I must admit I was a huge AVB fan and was defending him to the last until it was just getting so bad there was little you could defend him with.

The damage done in the summer before, a different guy turned up last season, was Bale / Transfers induced but who knows what happened between him and Levy, just wasnt the same, Bale that good he could have disguised all the bad performances, but who knows we could go on and on, this next season at Zenit will be a good test to see what he can do, as its pretty tight between those teams you cant afford to slip up many times.

At the end of the day, we don't know what was said in the meeting, but we've got the impression that a mutual decision was made.

No matter whether he was sacked or if he walked, the AVB haters will still hate him.

I personally don't see the need for the hate, and don't understand why people who don't hate him must suddenly love him. He had a decent first season, and a decent start to the 2nd season in terms of points, but essentially the football wasn't slotting into place, the top four were racing way and we got bummed by what we were yet to know was a Liverpool side who would nearly win the league.

IF he decided the club would be better with a new man, then fair do's. Takes a big man to admit when you've got it all wrong, and he seems to have actually learnt that about himself.

It's happened, and it's better if we draw a line under both AVB (and Tim) and look forward to a future under Poch.

The key for me is that he would rather quit than play Ade.

Cunt of a bloke

The Grey area is that we don't actually know what happened. What he may or may not say to the media is only what he and Levy agreed what he would say. VS has explained that "in the corporate world resigning and being fired aren't mutually exclusive."

Key for you is your interpretation of events unknown that culminate, as ever, in an apparent certainty. Black or White.

The Grey area is that we don't actually know what happened. What he may or may not say to the media is only what he and Levy agreed what he would say. VS has explained that "in the corporate world resigning and being fired aren't mutually exclusive."

Key for you is your interpretation of events unknown that culminate, as ever, in an apparent certainty. Black or White.

Key for you is that its "grey" when you dont want to face the truth.

I love it when people pipe up with all the "no one knows what was said in the meeting..." stuff.......yet are happy to wank themselves into a frenzy about how a manager they dont like lost the dressing room etc...

The little twerp resigned. That is a fact...it might be "grey" to you, but numerous media outlets have reported that the situation stemmed from Levy saying he would like Ade to feature, and that was too much for AVB to handle.

Also widely reported he didnt want Lamela and rowed with Baldini over that. Maybe thats why he tried to fuck that players career up to..?

People can make of it what they will, dismiss the press when they want, then use the press to back their point five minutes later, as per...

I personally mean "no one knows what was said in the meeting..." stuff as in the meeting could have been like this

This thread is sad.

edit: sammyspurs sammyspurs you seem to really enjoy constructing straw-man arguments.

"Straw Man" "Grey Area"......The standard internet forum "get out clause" accusation when something that a person doesnt want to argue against comes up.

In this case, people dont want to accept that AVB quit on us....despite him saying he resigned.....so its "grey".

However, it wasnt "grey" to those people when we all thought Levy fired him.....it was just a time to be angry and sympathise with AVB.

Absolutely laughable

Does it not occur to anyone that he would say he resigned, because it looks better than sacked twice in 18 months to say he resigned?
Academic really, we have a new manager and a clean slate. Good luck to him, unless we play Zenit.
Why does someone have to be a hater if they prefer something else? I wanted a different or better manager than AVB, but I didn't hate him.

Does it not occur to anyone that he would say he resigned, because it looks better than sacked twice in 18 months to say he resigned?
Academic really, we have a new manager and a clean slate. Good luck to him, unless we play Zenit.
Why does someone have to be a hater if they prefer something else? I wanted a different or better manager than AVB, but I didn't hate him.

I wanted AVB, and backed him for 16 months of his 18 months here.

Now I think hes a shit manager, with no humility who puts himself before the clubs he works for, even if it is detrimental to the team.

My best mates brother is an official Chelsea journalist (http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2587482 an article from him) and I know for a fact he was hated there by most of the staff...Im putting two and two together that it was a similar case at Spurs with certain players.

The guy was a bad egg, who had us playing diabolical football and Im glad hes gone. Now its revealed he walked, which makes him look an even bigger cunt.

Back
Top Bottom