AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wanted AVB, and backed him for 16 months of his 18 months here.

Now I think hes a shit manager, with no humility who puts himself before the clubs he works for, even if it is detrimental to the team.

My best mates brother is an official Chelsea journalist (http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2587482 an article from him) and I know for a fact he was hated there by most of the staff...Im putting two and two together that it was a similar case at Spurs with certain players.

The guy was a bad egg, who had us playing diabolical football and Im glad hes gone. Now its revealed he walked, which makes him look an even bigger cunt.
I can't be bothered to care Sammy, he's gone and its all done for me. I'm just pissed off for the club and players, because all of this fucking about with managers just erodes the club's chances of moving forward, undermines the chances of getting better players and ultimately makes the management of the club (board) look flawed.

I can't be bothered to care Sammy, he's gone and its all done for me. I'm just pissed off for the club and players, because all of this fucking about with managers just erodes the club's chances of moving forward, undermines the chances of getting better players and ultimately makes the management of the club (board) look flawed.

Well you should care because the guy resigned and left us in the shit.

This time it wasnt Levy and the board...we didnt ask for this, we were let down.

Yet people still want to back AVB and defend his every action.

Well you should care because the guy resigned and left us in the shit.

This time it wasnt Levy and the board...we didnt ask for this, we were let down.

Yet people still want to back AVB and defend his every action.
I can't get steamed up about something that happened and is now dead and gone, is what I'm saying Sammy. To be perfectly honest the circumstances of his departure are irrelevant, now he is no longer running things, I believe we have a better chance of moving forward. Therefore the minutiae becomes irrelevant to me, certainly not to fall out over.
I didn't want Redknapp to go, as I enjoyed the majority of the football, but once he was done I wanted AVB to succeed, until it became obvious that what he was serving up - wouldn't. Why he went is a matter of little interest to me.
What does concern me is the poor decision making of the board

Too obvious.
HsafSzG.jpg

"Straw Man....Grey Area....Troll"

Translation:
I cant argue my corner because it would mean actually having to criticise AVB...so he wasnt sacked, he didnt retire either....and even though he said he retired, he is still not a liar....because retiring and being sacked is the same thing.....because its grey.....which means anyone who says AVB retired (based on his actual quotes) is a troll and a straw man......because I like AVB

"Straw Man....Grey Area....Troll"

Translation:
I cant argue my corner because it would mean actually having to criticise AVB...so he wasnt sacked, he didnt retire either....and even though he said he retired, he is still not a liar....because retiring and being sacked is the same thing.....because its grey.....which means anyone who says AVB retired (based on his actual quotes) is a troll and a straw man......because I like AVB
anddddddd
breeeeeeeeeeeeeathe..........................

:D

Funny how you and Sanchez start insulting me for no reason......easier than accepting or addressing the fact that your hero fucked us off mid season and left us in the shit.....and it wasnt down to Levy or Ade or Sherwood.....he ditched us all by himself.

Hard to take for some, obviously. LOL
Let's face it, insults or not, they are right.

I agree that AVB was not the man for us, but the extent of your hyperbole over the man is astounding - and no less than six months since he fucked off. He is by no means our worst ever manger. He may have failed in his objectives but he still got us a record points total. Reading your posts anyone would think the man had us fighting relegation. That's what suggests you have got an agenda, rather than simply thinking that we are better off without him.

The thing that I don't understand is that nobody is going to rock up and say "well, done sammy, you told 'em!". So why waste all this energy on a man who is now history?

Forward not backward, eh?

Let's face it, insults or not, they are right.

I agree that AVB was not the man for us, but the extent of your hyperbole over the man is astounding - and no less than six months since he fucked off. He is by no means our worst ever manger. He may have failed in his objectives but he still got us a record points total. Reading your posts anyone would think the man had us fighting relegation. That's what suggests you have got an agenda, rather than simply thinking that we are better off without him.

The thing that I don't understand is that nobody is going to rock up and say "well, done sammy, you told 'em!". So why waste all this energy on a man who is now history?

Forward not backward, eh?

It was new revelation that he resigned, as he actually confirmed it. Confirmation that Levy was not to blame (or Sherwood, or Ade) and it was AVB that chose to fuck uss off mid season.

Therefore, the situation of his leaving is different to what I thought before.....therefore I am discussing it.......in the relevant thread.

And I am as entitled to show my hyperbol against him after 6 months....just as others are entitled to still suck his cock.

:dwi:

It was new revelation that he resigned, as he actually confirmed it. Confirmation that Levy was not to blame (or Sherwood, or Ade) and it was AVB that chose to fuck uss off mid season.

Therefore, the situation of his leaving is different to what I thought before.....therefore I am discussing it.......in the relevant thread.

And I am as entitled to show my hyperbol against him after 6 months....just as others are entitled to still suck his cock.

:dwi:
Who is actually "sucking his cock" though? All I have seen is some people thinking he may have still done the business for us. You and I, and it seems Cooper, agree that it wasn't likely to happen. But why is it only you getting hysterical over the man?

What you are "entitled" to do does not detract from the fact that he's gone and, well, it really doesn't matter since he's not coming back.

Or am I wrong? Does he somehow still have a say in how our club is run?

Who is actually "sucking his cock" though? All I have seen is some people thinking he may have still done the business for us. You and I, and it seems Cooper, agree that it wasn't likely to happen. But why is it only you getting hysterical over the man?

What you are "entitled" to do does not detract from the fact that he's gone and, well, it really doesn't matter since he's not coming back.

Or am I wrong? Does he somehow still have a say in how our club is run?

Why are you in the AVB thread by the way?

I want to talk about him so I am here. Your stance on his relevance to us seems to make you appear a bit of tit for coming into this thread..

:avbshit:

Why are you in the AVB thread by the way?

I want to talk about him so I am here. Your stance on his relevance to us seems to make you appear a bit of tit for coming into this thread..

:avbshit:
So you are "entitled" to talk about him, but I am not? Double standards matey, no? I'd like to see the fandom leave him behind and move forward, and for that reason I am baffled by your continued hard on for the man. That's why I am in this thread - and also because this is the first time I'd seen the resignation comment.

Incidentally, it's interesting how a few posts up you were cunting off Cooper for not being able to respond to your questions - well, why didn't you answer mine? I'll ask again, what does all this matter now that he is gone? Should we not be looking forward rather than back?

So you are "entitled" to talk about him, but I am not? Double standards matey, no?

Im not the one saying "he's gone and, well, it really doesn't matter since he's not coming back"......or...."why waste all this energy on a man who is now history?"

One minute he's the past and doesnt matter, yet you are in his thread.....telling me Im wasting my time talking about him because hes history.......and now you want to discuss him....Jesus

It matters to me because its a Spurs related issue. Odd that you cant actually work that out all by yourself.

I would ask you why it matters so much to YOU that I want to discuss AVB. But I genuinely dont give a shit.

Good for you.

Do you think Terry Neill treated the club poorly?

This is the AVB thread. I think AVB is a shit manager who plays dire football and acted unprofessionally, putting his ego first at the detriment of the team, then leaving the club in turmoil halfway through the season.

Whatever anyone else did in the past is irrelevant to AVB.

Oh, and for the third time......should we not be looking forward rather than back?

I will look wherever the hell I choose thanks.

In the Poch thread I am looking forward. I have wiped the slate clean for all of our players and its Day One for me. I said that the day the new manager signed.

This is the AVB thread. Its difficult to look forward in this thread as he is now "history", as you put it.

The thing is I admit I have an agenda, and an axe to grind regarding AVB.

You think its a revelation? Or I will deny it...? Try a bit harder mate...or try and actually say something on the subject.

Like for example, why you think AVB resigned, but didnt really resign and was half sacked, but not sacked, and had no choice, and wasnt given enough time, yet said he resigned himself, yet thats not the case, but he is not a liar either, and mutual consent is the same as sacked, and getting sacked is the same resigning.......etc etc

:memeokay:

Like for example, why you think AVB resigned, but didnt really resign and was half sacked, but not sacked, and had no choice, and wasnt given enough time, yet said he resigned himself, yet thats not the case, but he is not a liar either, and mutual consent is the same as sacked, and getting sacked is the same resigning.......etc etc
It's double-talk, dude. Your position on this and the vitriol that you've been showing is laughable.

It is a soundbite that sheds no new light on the manner of AVB's departure, but you've constructed in your mind an elaborate scenario that seems wildly at odds with the actual events at the time.

It's double-talk, dude. Your position on this and the vitriol that you've been showing is laughable.

It is a soundbite that sheds no new light on the manner of AVB's departure, but you've constructed in your mind an elaborate scenario that seems wildly at odds with the actual events at the time.
Yeah, but he's entitled to do that and here you are in the thread at odds with your own view.

":dwi:":wansum:

:levylol:

Back
Top Bottom