AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is the single worst decision in the club's history is and always will be a matter of opinion.

That just happens to be mine. Would Redknapp have been sacked if Chelsea lost the penalty shoot out against Bayern and Tottenham qualified for the Champions League again?

Is AVB one of the best up and coming managers?

He's young, granted...

Look at what Chelsea achieved when he was there.

Look what happened to Chelsea after he left.

What is the single worst decision in the club's history is and always will be a matter of opinion.

That just happens to be mine. Would Redknapp have been sacked if Chelsea lost the penalty shoot out against Bayern and Tottenham qualified for the Champions League again?
We'll never know, but personally I feel Levy had finally had enough of Arry.

I think his sacking is the single worst decision in the club's history.

That's a big call, and in my opinion, fairly naive. I won't repeat all the pro AVB posts made, pointless. But the team Harry inherited was never going to be relegated, teams go through 8-10 game periods of bad form, outs happened to the start of that campaign.

Redknapp was not a failure as a manager, but he's tenure was clearly at an end, but I do respect you coming and making a new thread.

Just so you know, the forum will be largely full of pro sexual comments towards AVB, this is normal here, I am 1882 and this is the fighting cock

I think its clear you have got your Harry hat on.

I and many others here certainly appreciate what Harry done as manager of our club, I take on board what he achieved and how we grew under his management, however, he has moved on and so have we. You dont know exactly why he was sacked, neither do we.

In my opinion, you cant do any better than beating your record points haul, AVB cant control what other teams results are throughout the season. If you want to have a debate on the subject, it would be good if you could show you understand where someone else is coming from rather than just constantly bang Harry's drum for him.

@ DTC1977 I know Redknapp said he was only just going out to pick up cigarettes but it has been 14 months and he still hasn't come back.
I know it's hard but you just have to accept that AVB is your new dad, er, I mean coach. :avbmad:

(Sorry got a little too autobiographical there)

12b0d6e4-cbc8-4388-b1f2-3e6b1e87cc3c.jpg

I don't have time for people who use this as an argument.

Why? It's a perfectly good argument... Chelsea were having a hell of a time under AVB. He got the sack and their results and performances improved instantly and they won the FA Cup and Champions League.

I think its clear you have got your Harry hat on.

I and many others here certainly appreciate what Harry done as manager of our club, I take on board what he achieved and how we grew under his management, however, he has moved on and so have we. You dont know exactly why he was sacked, neither do we.

In my opinion, you cant do any better than beating your record points haul, AVB cant control what other teams results are throughout the season. If you want to have a debate on the subject, it would be good if you could show you understand where someone else is coming from rather than just constantly bang Harry's drum for him.

Well if you read my responses you'll see that I have answered the points raised by other people. If you want me to just automatically agree for the sake of it, it's not going to happen.

Why? It's a perfectly good argument... Chelsea were having a hell of a time under AVB. He got the sack and their results and performances improved instantly and they won the FA Cup and Champions League.
Not really. He was 5th by 3 odd points when he got the sack iirc . Where did they finish in the league?
And in the CL he had an away goal with 2 goals to make up at home, he was actually doing alright. I'll probably stop replying now, but I can't resist trolls, it's a weakness of mine

Remind me what happened to the manager that won the champions league and fa cup? Chelsea is a mad house, I’m sure not how it can be used as an argument when they have sacked all of their most successful managers.

Not really. He was 5th by 3 odd points when he got the sack iirc where did they finish in the league?
And in the CL he had an away goal with 2 goals to make up at home, he was actually doing alright.
So you don't Chelsea suddenly did better when AVB left?

That must put you in an ever smaller minority on that point than I am in this thread!

Remind me what happened to the manager that won the champions league and fa cup? Chelsea is a mad house, I’m sure not how it can be used as an argument when they have sacked all of their most successful managers.

Just because Chelsea unfairly sacked Di Matteo just reinforces my point that AVB was not a success at Stamford Bridge.

Hahahaha!! I don't read The Sun, I don't write for The Sun, I never said at any point that Tottenham fans hate Redknapp.

BUT I do have a long enough memory to recall Tottenham's historic record in the league and their last of success and inconsistency. Redknapp addressed that in a way that hadn't been seen at the club for decades. He got the sack despite his achievements.

I think his sacking is the single worst decision in the club's history.
I won't comment on the decision to sack Redknapp because the fact is that we have no idea what happened behind the scenes. Levy could've had a very good reason to sack him, he could've had no reason. The fact is, we will never know. All I know is that I appreciate everything he has done for the club. That includes getting us top 5 for three seasons in a row.

However, I don't understand why you think Harry is better than AVB. AVB lost 3 of the best players in his squad with out proper replacements before he even managed a game. He had to go a whole season with two out of form strikers (and if you think its AVB's fault that he didn't have a third striker then you are clueless, that is Levy's doing). He had one of our best players in Sandro miss half the season with a torn ACL, and had one of our other best players playing most of the season injured in Dembele. Despite this, he managed to get a record point total in his first season with a squad he didn't build. Harry finished 8th in his first season (although part of that was due to Ramos, I still don't think he would've qualified for the champions league regardless). He obviously has the respect of the squad. Remember the West Ham game? You don't see players run over to their manager and celebrate like that with anybody.

I believe that after this next season, nobody will be questioning the decision to hire AVB like you are now. Now that he has more players that fit in his squad like Paulinho, Soldado, and Chadli, I think he will show what he can truly bring to the table. He showed at Porto what he has got, and I think he will show that again with us. We have so much more potential with him and I believe that Levy made the perfect decision to get rid of Redknapp for him.

So you don't Chelsea suddenly did better when AVB left?

That must put you in an ever smaller minority on that point than I am in this thread!
They really didn't actually do that much better, if they hadn't won the CL it would have been seen as a poor season either way. He wasn't great, but RDM wasn't that much better, Chavs hail him as a reborn god.

where did they finish in the league that season? They also won the Champions League more by luck than judgement with Steaua Bucharest type tactics, So no, they didn't get better that season. In fact under RDM they got fucking worse.

They really didn't actually do that much better, if they hadn't won the CL it would have been seen as a poor season either way. He wasn't great, but RDM wasn't that much better, Chavs hail him as a reborn god.

RDM who brought the Champions League to London for the first and only time didn't do much better than AVB...

Hhhhhmmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom