AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stupid fucking point: whether ur a fan of AVB or a Arry amnesiac - there is no way that anyone can look at today and give AVB any credit. That said there are few players (Sandro, Dembele, Walker, Lennon perhaps) who shouldn't have their wages docked for such a shocking performance.

Worth pointing out that the vast majority of this forum wanted Lamela starting and wanted Kaboul starting, which probably (along with Lennon for Townsend) were the most significant line up decisions.

Jurgen is not a very good manager. As an American, he's been great for us, but he's not good enough to manage a top 4 club, which is where we want him to get as. If AVB were to leave, I'd want Laudrup or Montella.

In all seriousness, what would Klinsmann bring to Spurs? I'm not that sure of his tactics, preferred formations exactly, I can't really remember how his Germany 2006 team set out.

IF AVB were to be sacked, he would probably be the logical choice, but it's not going to happen IMO, Daniel will give him to the end of the season at least, unless we move into relegation places.

But back to the question, I'm not being patronising, I actually don't know too much about Klinsmann as a manager/head coach, what ever he would be labelled.

An ex-Spurs legend as manager would bring the best out of the fans I think and give a longer grace period. Also, he hasn't failed anywhere as a manager that I am aware of. He has done wonders with the USA playing to the strengths he has available. He has his head screwed on and I dont think he is a guy who would stick rigidly to something when it isn't working.

He isnt going to come until at least post World Cup though, if at all. Can't really think of anyone else I'd want that is a realistic possibility. Pinochiho or whatever he is called has done really well at Southampton but he's hardly proven is he, so a bit of a gamble in my view.

not a stat fan all at you fucking gimp!... you asked what he's done so far and I gave you an example you fuckwit...
please come back at the end of the season.. please please fuck off till then, I hate handwringers like you asking questions then moving the goalposts to fit your argument.
as said before.. fuck off fella
mugs like you are what the word fickle is in the dictionary for. sadly you've tarred my clubs name with it as well.....cunt.

Bet u feel like a right cunt for supporting AVB now don't cha!!

call me a knee jerking cunt if you like [i am, and always have been], but avb appears to be a fucking idiot from what i've seen so far. [inc chelsea btw] starting with 2 dm's at home to fucking wba ? leaving livermore on and bringing jenas on ? another manager who will get sacked, take the pay off and fuck off.
tactically it seems we rely purely on playing on the break, thats it.
bringing everyone back for corners, especially lennon who would occupy at least 2 if not 3 opposition players if he stayed on the half way line ? wtf.
'give him time' why ? seems arrogant and wont change his ways, so we're stuck with him till its too late and levy sacks him, we'll be lucky to finish top 8 this season.
arry was a cunt, but a far better manager than this bloke.
NO1JIB,25 Aug 2012

Back
Top Bottom