AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

trouble is I remember the durge we played last time hoddle was in charge.

Yeah but he had fuck all to work with a shit squad and no funds. He did as best as anybody could with that team. Got mid table finishes and to a cup final one year.

If anybody deserves another shot it's him - he was one of the club's greatest ever servants. I may sound like those deluded Liverpool fans who wanted King Kenny back and the Geordies who wanted Keegan back but I don't care. He's the King of WHL and it will at least create a feel good factor around the place which is something WHL desperately needs at the moment. Get the Shelf and Park Lane rocking again.

Yeah those summer games were part of the gold cup. We played teams like Belize and other shit opponents. It was fun to watch, I was at the final where we won it, but we played some shit competition and those players should've scored.

Indeed the quality was sub par, but you can't overlook that as a coincidence of occasion. The start of the streak btw, came in that Panama beatdown in Seattle in WC qualifying.

Yeah but he had fuck all to work with a shit squad and no funds. He did as best as anybody could with that team. Got mid table finishes and to a cup final one year.

If anybody deserves another shot it's him - he was one of the club's greatest ever servants. I may sound like those deluded Liverpool fans who wanted King Kenny back and the Geordies who wanted Keegan back but I don't care. He's the King of WHL and it will at least create a feel good factor around the place which is something WHL desperately needs at the moment. Get the Shelf and Park Lane rocking again.

fair point.. imho baldini was brought in knowing that if avb didn't work out levy has a direct link to Fabio cappello
who baldini has worked with a number of times as his d.o.f.
I also think cappello would jump at the job.

fair point.. imho baldini was brought in knowing that if avb didn't work out levy has a direct link to Fabio cappello
who baldini has worked with a number of times as his d.o.f.
I also think cappello would jump at the job.

I fear that will be the case and it will be a terrible decision. Capello will not serve up anything different to AVB. In fact his play will probably be more negative.

If we do get a new coach this season, we will need one with plenty of experience since he'll have no time to tinker with the squad and we will have to get back on track quickly.

Spurs have rarely had trouble scoring goals even in seasons where we have struggled, it was always the number
we conceded, especially away from home, that caused us problems. At the moment we don't seem to have anyone
that can hit a barn door from 6 feet!!

I have serious doubts over AVB now, our last goal in the league was against Hull City and we should not be losing 6-0 to Manchester City with the squad we have. The tactics are failing us and AVB is the tactician, I've been saying it all season even when I had full confidence and that is I believe AVB is too perfect in his approach. Success is a must this season and we are not going to be getting any success if things don't change now

We need to give someone a chance. And I hope its AVB.

I back him.

What I would like, but I think ego wise its impossible. Is Glen Hoddle to come in as a coach.

Season over, wipe the slate clean and start again.

Not going to slag of any individuals for today's debacle because I honestly think the problems lie throughout the playing and management staff. I honestly think big changes are needed here, not saying get rid of the management but I honestly think this season should be chalked off at this point. Hopefully we have enough about us to avoid getting pulled into a relegation battle, but on this form who can be sure?

I started this thread.

Did I get sin binned for it? Thanks people.

The guy simply has over hyped himself and isn't ready for the job.

We've bought in too many new players. Some of whom will already looking for a ticket out next summer.

Dawson is a great bloke but no captain. Freidel is too old. Gomez should be dust.

Our system/style of play does not suit the EPL.

Back
Top Bottom