AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 3 part AVB gone trilogy consists of: Michael Dawson and the high line. Paulinho's Zokora impression and "The system".

There are also plans for a follow up title called the leftback debacle, and a Gerry Francis special: "boring to watch".

we could all see the potential problems mate but some just choose not to use them as a chance to call for the manager's head every 5 minutes. (not necessarily accusing you as think you were willing to back him)

Up until today, I was willing to buy into the line that it would be counterproductive to consider a change, as pessimistic as I was about out chances of ever excelling under VB. But look at our recent run of League form.

Spurs 0-3 West Ham
Villa 0-2 Spurs
Spurs 1-0 Hull (decided by late pen)
Everton 0-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-1 Newcastle
City 6-0 Spurs

That's not just mixed results, that's a staggered but distinct downward slide. Pair it with the noises Moose, Verts, Defoe and Lamela have been making recently, and I just can't help but feel he's lost the dressing room- not in the sense that the players actively dislike him, more in the sense that they aren't getting the direction they need and have given up trying to get on his page.

With all this in mind, I don't see what especial harm a change would do. I'm not going to say #AVBout, but I'm way, way past the point where I would ever be upset or nervous to see him go.

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante @ Super Jan Fan Super Jan Fan @ SinghYid SinghYid @ Eskimo Eskimo you can all suck a skinny flacid one.
I think you are all under the impression that Villas-Boas does see what is in front of him. He sees the problems. You solution is ti get rid of him. His is to work with the players. Go fucking support another team you bunch of idiots.

Another prick who thinks AVB = Spurs

Did you support Gross, Graham and Ramos 100%?

Cunt

Spot on M
Up until today, I was willing to buy into the line that it would be counterproductive to consider a change, as pessimistic as I was about out chances of ever excelling under VB. But look at our recent run of League form.

Spurs 0-3 West Ham
Villa 0-2 Spurs
Everton 0-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-1 Newcastle
City 6-0 Spurs

That's not just mixed results, that's a staggered but distinct downward slide. Pair it with the noises Moose, Verts, Defoe and Lamela have been making recently, and I just can't help but feel he's lost the dressing room- not in the sense that the players actively dislike him, more in the sense that they aren't getting the direction they need and have given up trying to get on his page.

With all this in mind, I don't see what especial harm a change would do. I'm not going to say #AVBout, but I'm way, way past the point where I would ever be upset or nervous to see him go.

Spot on Mr Edman.. Take a bow son..

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs , I don't have any particular affinity to Villas-Boas, other than I want him to be brilliant because he manages the club I love. I'm not a football expert, hence why I don't spout my footballing opinions on here, but I know that if a person is given enough time in a top flight position, they may just learn enough to get the job done.

Spot on M

Spot on Mr Edman.. Take a bow son..

People keep saying patience. To be patient, IMO, you need some sign of potential for progress- green shoots to cling on to. For a while, the only silver lining was our airtight defence. That's been blown apart now. Our attack and midfield, neither of which were that hot in terms of production and conversion of chances to begin with, also looks to have regressed.

I really, truly did understand people arguing that we should give AVB time and patience once upon a time, even if I couldn't personally get behind him. Now, I feel you have to completely detach yourself from the realities of our situation to hold that line.

We're going backwards. Our performances are actively worsening. There is no argument in favour of patience and faith any more. And it really gives me no pleasure to say that because it requires accepting that our best squad in decades is on course for a hugely disappointing season.

Why are you so sure that he can't make us into a good team? I find you position bizarre.

I backed him and said 100% that he should be given his three years.....but at the same time I was very critical of his style of play. Its well documented here.

The last few weeks, and the excuses, and the sheer unwillingness to change his approach, his weird line ups including Holtby as a starter (today against Yaya Fucking Toure), and the fact that he has not learned from his mistakes at Chelsea.

Ive lost faith, simple as that. I dont believe he will change, I think he's young, stubborn and deluded as to this system due to the fact he knows no other way.

Our squad is immense, yet we play like we did under Ramos. Wasting talent, money and time, and if a 6-0 pasting against a top 4 rival, on the back of the last 3 months of absolute CACK FOOTBALL isnt enough to turn some peoples heads, then I dont what is.

People keep saying patience. To be patient, IMO, you need some sign of potential for progress- green shoots to cling on to. For a while, the only silver lining was our airtight defence. That's been blown apart now. Our attack and midfield, neither of which were that hot in terms of production and conversion of chances to begin with, also looks to have regressed.

I really, truly did understand people arguing that we should give AVB time and patience once upon a time, even if I couldn't personally get behind him. Now, I feel you have to completely detach yourself from the realities of our situation to hold that line.

We're going backwards. Our performances are actively worsening. There is no argument in favour of patience and faith any more. And it really gives me no pleasure to say that because it requires accepting that our best squad in decades is on course for a hugely disappointing season.

Once again, Spot on Mr Edman, take another bow.

Spurs 0-3 West Ham
Villa 0-2 Spurs
Everton 0-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-1 Newcastle
City 6-0 Spurs

i repped this post because it's a well explained argument. I don't fully agree but nice to see someone debating like an adult

I backed him and said 100% that he should be given his three years.....but at the same time I was very critical of his style of play. Its well documented here.

The last few weeks, and the excuses, and the sheer unwillingness to change his approach, his weird line ups including Holtby as a starter (today against Yaya Fucking Toure), and the fact that he has not learned from his mistakes at Chelsea.

Ive lost faith, simple as that. I dont believe he will change, I think he's young, stubborn and deluded as to this system due to the fact he knows no other way.

Our squad is immense, yet we play like we did under Ramos. Wasting talent, money and time, and if a 6-0 pasting against a top 4 rival, on the back of the last 3 months of absolute CACK FOOTBALL isnt enough to turn some peoples heads, then I dont what is.
I can understand how you and a lot of people have lost faith, but I haven't. I'm repeating myself here, but I truly believe that he can do it for us. I'm going to come back here in two years time and drip my flacid cock in your ears.
Villas-Boas is human like the rest of us, I just feel that he knows more about football than most of the fuckers on this site. That includes people who have written books about "football management - a masterclass"

@ sammyspurs sammyspurs @ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante @ Super Jan Fan Super Jan Fan @ SinghYid SinghYid @ Eskimo Eskimo you can all suck a skinny flacid one.
I think you are all under the impression that Villas-Boas does see what is in front of him. He sees the problems. You solution is ti get rid of him. His is to work with the players. Go fucking support another team you bunch of idiots.
There are obvious problems, hence why we question AVB ...
But I for one, never said to get rid of him for at least this season.

Sooooo ... on the contrary ... why don't you suck a thick turgid one. :avbdamn::avbfu::avblol:

i'd like to see you, just once, give compelling reasons behind you trolly posts. you started the thread but the opening posts offer absolutely nothing in the way of reasoning or alternatives
So you want to guide the style and content of what I post here.

Interesting.

I need to offer alternatives to get your approval.

I have to provide some rationale or reasoned argument.

I have to offer an alternative.

Nah

I can understand how you and a lot of people have lost faith, but I haven't. I'm repeating myself here, but I truly believe that he can do it for us. I'm going to come back here in two years time and drip my flacid cock in your ears.
Villas-Boas is human like the rest of us, I just feel that he knows more about football than most of the fuckers on this site. That includes people who have written books about "football management - a masterclass"

He knows infinately more about footbal than me......but does he know more than Wenger, and Jose etc? No, and thats what counts....Big Sam and Pardew even called his number, and we have struggled in most of the games we actually won, bar Villa

Back
Top Bottom