Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone's still feeling confident about Bale staying you can get over 6/1 on the Betfair exchange right now, compared to only 4/1 at conventional bookies. Not saying this is the true chance of him staying but it's a tempting price for a punt.

Talk me through a development fee and city's huge fan base......GO

Someone up thread already explained the fee.

In comparison to Soton, City have a bigger fan base they have laid the ground work for commercial advancement in readiness for FFP and it won't effect them as much as a club like soton.

Someone up thread already explained the fee.

In comparison to Soton, City have a bigger fan base they have laid the ground work for commercial advancement in readiness for FFP and it won't effect them as much as a club like soton.

I'm pretty sure development fees doesn't exist and as for city, followers have come with success...as they will for southampton.

Bet you didn't see many city shirts in pat pong when they were in the second division.

STOP GETTING FOOTBALL WRONG

I'm pretty sure development fees doesn't exist and as for city, followers have come with success...as they will for southampton.

Bet you didn't see many city shirts in pat pong when they were in the second division.

STOP GETTING FOOTBALL WRONG

That's the point. They've already got the success and will have the commercial deals in place before FFP scuppers them.
Southampton won't.

Absolute toilet, I've only heard of it with youths who have been tempted to other clubs.

Every player starts somewhere, when have you heard of this before....??

It requires the club to have a well-organised youth academy (Southampton have a great one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_F.C._Academy) with a proper paper trail showing the player's history. It's usually not a big deal since you count the number of years from 13-23 divide by 10 and multiply by 5% of the transfer fee, so only thousands or a few hundred thousands. In Bale's case, it's a huge transfer fee and he was with Southampton academy for ~6 years, so it's a significant couple of million.

It requires the club to have a well-organised youth academy (Southampton have a great one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_F.C._Academy) with a proper paper trail showing the player's history. It's usually not a big deal since you count the number of years from 13-23 divide by 10 and multiply by 5% of the transfer fee, so only thousands or a few hundred thousands. In Bale's case, it's a huge transfer fee and he was with Southampton academy for ~6 years, so it's a significant couple of millione

Ha ha.......NONCE SENSE!

If ( that's a IF & really hope it's not ) the new itk or rumour is true. Real Madrid have done levy up like a kipper .

Spurs buy £60m of players , not including Willian, sell £20m. £40m neg ( £70m with Willian) , then RM walk way from Bale & we have by far exceeded our limits. Cue last day of the window & a £75m bid for bale which we need to balance the books.

Not my info at all but just reading the latest schizzle, would be smart business by them

That's very funny, though you missed "nonce cents"

#buried #ipad

be7msj.jpg

If ( that's a IF & really hope it's not ) the new itk or rumour is true. Real Madrid have done levy up like a kipper .

Spurs buy £60m of players , not including Willian, sell £20m. £40m neg ( £70m with Willian) , then RM walk way from Bale & we have by far exceeded our limits. Cue last day of the window & a £75m bid for bale which we need to balance the books.

Not my info at all but just reading the latest schizzle, would be smart business by them

I understand Levy is spending like he never has, but has Levy ever spent money he didn't have? We have been a very well run club and I don't think Levy would jeopardize that beacuse of the prospect of Bale.

If Madrid tried that then we just wouldn't sell anyway, we're financially sound and wouldn't spend money we don't have but we might spend money in the hope of recouping it.
Levy won't let himself be fucked over like that I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom