Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sergio Aguero could now leave Barcelona only two months after signing because of Lionel Messi’s exit saga, according to a report.

The striker moved to the Spanish giants at the end of May following his exit from Manchester City. After 10 years at City in which he became the club’s record goalscorer, he travelled back to Spain and to Camp Nou. As well as seeking a new challenge, he also wanted to play alongside Messi.

Despite growing uncertainty over his future, the 34-year-old looked to be close to staying at Barca.

He had agreed a new contract on a pay cut, hoping to stay within La Liga’s financial regulations. However, in a shock twist, Barca announced his exit on Thursday.

But the club’s troubling situation could yet get worse, according to Catalonia-based source Beteve.

Aguero has reportedly become ‘very angry’ at Messi leaving. Indeed, playing with the Argentina international proved a major motivation for his move.

As such, his future at Barca ‘does not look good’.

Aguero is working with his lawyers to review the details of his contract, signed only recently. He could even quit his new club this summer.

Aguero is now injured for 10 weeks
:harrylol:
"injured". More like lonely.

OIP.25f7GtvMH_YReJpFAgriIAHaE8

Someone splice a Barca top on this pic please.

I went to Barcelona and my veggie wife was pleased they had banned bull fighting!
Barca not exactly animal lovers as they had banned it for being too Spanish 🙄🤣
They have a jolly festival there, the Bou embolat. A bull has fireworks tied to its horns and is chased around town, in some places to the port where it falls into the sea.

Fun for all the family.

172364_toro.jpg

And as I said earlier, there's one from England which certainly are, who have been as long as I can remember and who have fucked with us (among others) who only merit a "Come here to laugh at..."
Not sure what you're referring to.

The Chelsea thread has always been "Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs".

You cray.

Atletico Madrid much better run than either Barca or Real. The way Real and Barca blow money is like a drunken sailor.

Koeman is as good as gone now - expect lots of activity in Jan

They are fucked. Messi needs to go to clear wages as do much of the rest and the money they get is to cover debts not improve the team. 1-2 years from now if Barca survive bankruptcy they might have a shadow of their former team.

Yeah something like that

It's really not, though. They're bankrolled about as much as Real Sociedad and Real Betis.

In actual fact, while we rightly scoff at their wanton splashing of cash, both Madrid and Barcelona are actually owned by the fans, hence them electing presidents to run the organization.

Doesn't save them from the financial ruin they brought on themselves. In fact, while the idea of fan-owned clubs is obviously romantic, maybe the fact that our clubs have to answer to boards of directors watching their profit margin is a nice safeguard against that sort of thing. When you're trying to make your 'voters' happy, it's much easier to justify reckless deals which will get the terraces buzzing, but internally cripple the cash-flow.

Might be bollocks but I heard someone say a few years back that Real can't go bankrupt because they have the royal coat of arms on the crest?
The government would have the bail them out.
They have effectively been bailed out when building their training complex, one of the dodgiest deals in football.

Real Madrid is the club with more fans in the world. You like it or not. By far. This means more income through them paying to watch the games around the world.

In its 120 years of existence the club has been a role model of excellence in correctness, and has certainly always been far from any political implication.

You surely know and omit to mention that Barcelona awarded dictator Franco three times with different gold honour medals. Barcelona is a club with no honour of tradition or respect or values. They are just sold to the political powers.

Real Madrid is the club of all Spain, the pride of the Spanish working class. Atlético was first called Atlético de Aviación, it was founded by the air force pilots, who fought by the side of Franco in the civil war 1936-39. Real Madrid was taken for anti fascist instead, as it was the club of the working classes who were at those times of the 30s dominated by communists and the USSR.

You speak out of hatred, not of reality.

If Real Madrid had a 1% of the dirty history of Barcelona we wouldn't support it for a second, this is a hobby, not politics. You seem to support mafias and crooks and gangsters and people who use sports for dirty business and political propaganda to spread war and death. You are not into sports you are one of those.
...and....Real play in white because..it's the colour of......THE ANGELS!!!!!

936669453-angels-in-heaven-angels-33955542-750-550.jpg

:mourfacepalm:

When I did the tour of the Nou Camp back in 2006, I thought it was a beautiful stadium, the best I had seen up to then. Then when we played them a few years ago in the CL, I sat up in the gods, behind the goal (not behind the glass where our supporters were penned in) and thought it was horrible, just concrete and uncomfortable seats, terrible toilets and awful food.
I have preferred Barca over RM in the past, but now I think they're as bad as each other.
Crazy stadium - a little chapel on the right as you walk to the pitch for those last minute prayers. Like you know, God doesn't have enough on his plate what with Wars pestilence famine Covid Trump, but hell, yeah I'll drop all that and ensure a dodgy last minute winner for you if you need it

Ancient-of-Days.jpg

Back
Top Bottom