Barça is bankrupt. 1.000M€ debt and January's wages can't be paid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crazy stadium - a little chapel on the right as you walk to the pitch for those last minute prayers. Like you know, God doesn't have enough on his plate what with Wars pestilence famine Covid Trump, but hell, yeah I'll drop all that and ensure a dodgy last minute winner for you if you need it

Ancient-of-Days.jpg
Not at all unusual at sporting venues in Catholic countries. IIRC, there was an ornate one at the bullring we visited in Cordoba. And I always send up a little prayer before a game (and usually a lot more when things not going well in a game!), even though I know He's a bit busy at the moment. :)

Who will follow the Liga with a poor Madrid , Barça ruined and without Messi soon .
Simone will be ready to win the next 5-6 Liga :mourlmao:.

No wonder they are clamouring for a “super league”.

Unfortunately though I imagine there are a lot of people high up in the sport that would rather see the game ruined than RM/Barca ceasing

When I did the tour of the Nou Camp back in 2006, I thought it was a beautiful stadium, the best I had seen up to then. Then when we played them a few years ago in the CL, I sat up in the gods, behind the goal (not behind the glass where our supporters were penned in) and thought it was horrible, just concrete and uncomfortable seats, terrible toilets and awful food.
I have preferred Barca over RM in the past, but now I think they're as bad as each other.
One of my favorite stadiums is Bernabeu, massive but with steep, steep sides (illegal to build this steep nowadays), as a result no matter where you sit you feel on top of the pitch. Also there is a genuine sense of occasion every time I’ve been.

Barca’s is just a vast bowl, shit views as you’re a long way from the pitch and as you say, it’s simply a shit hole.

Add to the fact that whenever I’ve watched Spurs play in Spain there’s always the militant police who are no different than Nazi’s, ironically worse in Catalan Barca. Whilst I’ve never had an issue with them in Madrid.

Not a fan of either club, corruption running through their DNA’s

Given what he's allegedly on, who could afford to buy him?

I think they were scared he'd end up at Madrid which is basically the only other club that could afford him.
Which gets you back to gross incompetence. If no one else in the world could get close to affording his wages...then why did they give him such a wage which could and would sink their club? Could have paid him half of what they did and no one else in the world could afford it, still.

They let Messi be bigger than the club, and now they should have to pay for it but we all know they won't have to.

It's a massive wage but IMO his contract is not the issue, he's simply the best player on the planet and has been for almost 2 decades. Basically, he's been worth it IMO.

Messi has enabled them to win CL's and get above Madrid in the bragging rights, which meant the El Classico brand went ballistic globally seeing Barca the main beneficiaries with international markets lapping up brand Messi and brand Barca.

The gross incompetence, however, can be aimed at practically every other transfer they've conducted the transfer fees they have paid, salaries each come with and the lack of revenue they've generated through player sales. This element is where I see the incompetence and miss-management.
How many CL's have they won during his 4 year/$670 contract?

And people made up Klingon. Just because people do something, doesn't make it useful. Math without application is as useful as tits on a boar.
Further, numbers, themselves, are nothing more than units of measure. 1 is 10 0.1s. 5 is 5 1s. They're measuring abstract quantities, but they're still measuring that quantity.
This entire conversation is critically useful. I think everyone should be brought in to comment on this argument.

Excel geeks in the house
Here is a fun excel formula that I have developed which has contributed to my psychosis.

=IF(AND(H43<$H$37,I43<$I$37,J43<$J$37),$G$37,IF(AND(H43<$H$38,I43<$I$38,J43<$J$38),$G$38,IF(AND(H43<$H$39,I43<$I$39,J43<$J$39),$G$39,IF(AND(H43<$H$40,I43<$I$40,J43<$J$40),$G$40))))

That formula combines with other, similar formulas to feed variables into the formula below.

=IF($H$32="Single",$H$44,K43&"T "&IF($H$33="Clear",,IF(OR($H$33="Gray",$H$33="Bronze"),$H$33,IF($H$33="Clear",,"Q"&$H$33)))&" / "&L43&" FBD"&" / "&IF($H$34="Clear",,IF(OR($H$34="Gray",$H$34="Bronze"),$H$34,IF($H$34="Clear",,"Q"&$H$34)))&" ")&K43&"T"

That formula generates a complete order string for an insulated glass lite which contains tempering information, Low-E choices, tint options, glass thicknesses, and spacer bar information to submit to a glass manufacturer.

Here is a fun excel formula that I have developed which has contributed to my psychosis.

=IF(AND(H43<$H$37,I43<$I$37,J43<$J$37),$G$37,IF(AND(H43<$H$38,I43<$I$38,J43<$J$38),$G$38,IF(AND(H43<$H$39,I43<$I$39,J43<$J$39),$G$39,IF(AND(H43<$H$40,I43<$I$40,J43<$J$40),$G$40))))

That formula combines with other, similar formulas to feed variables into the formula below.

=IF($H$32="Single",$H$44,K43&"T "&IF($H$33="Clear",,IF(OR($H$33="Gray",$H$33="Bronze"),$H$33,IF($H$33="Clear",,"Q"&$H$33)))&" / "&L43&" FBD"&" / "&IF($H$34="Clear",,IF(OR($H$34="Gray",$H$34="Bronze"),$H$34,IF($H$34="Clear",,"Q"&$H$34)))&" ")&K43&"T"

That formula generates a complete order string for an insulated glass lite which contains tempering information, Low-E choices, tint options, glass thicknesses, and spacer bar information to submit to a glass manufacturer.
Nice.

I work in finance, you would be surprised how many big money decisions are made based on spreadsheet formula similar to this. Often after the original author having left the company and no one really knowing what it does.

Nice.

I work in finance, you would be surprised how many big money decisions are made based on spreadsheet formula similar to this. Often after the original author having left the company and no one really knowing what it does.

Sometimes it takes me ages to figure out exactly what I was trying to do on some of the formulae in my excel worksheets when I've not used them for a while.

6da43d69c65012a67aa470fe1cc1a0c811db7723r1-768-327_hq.gif

=IF(AND($B$5="Monoslope",$B$6>0,$B$6<7.5),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y7:Y8,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$7:$P$8),IF(AND($B$5="Monoslope",$B$6>7.5,$B$6<15),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y8:Y9,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$8:$P$9),IF(AND($B$5="Monoslope",$B$6>15,$B$6<30),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y9:Y10,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$9:$P$10),IF(AND($B$5="Monoslope",$B$6>30,$B$6<45),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y10:Y11,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$10:$P$11),IF(AND($B$5="Pitched",$B$6>0,$B$6<7.5),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y30:Y31,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$30:$P$31),IF(AND($B$5="Pitched",$B$6>7.5,$B$6<15),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y31:Y32,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$31:$P$32),IF(AND($B$5="Pitched",$B$6>15,$B$6<30),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y32:Y33,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$32:$P$33),IF(AND($B$5="Pitched",$B$6>30,$B$6<45),FORECAST.LINEAR($B$6,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!Y33:Y34,'Fig 30.8-1 & 30.8-2'!$P$33:$P$34),"EM"))))))))

=IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="Structural I", Framing_width=2,Blocked_Dia="Yes"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$18:$K$20,IF(S_nail=6,3,IF(S_nail=4,4,IF(S_nail=2.5,5,IF(S_nail=2,6,NA)))),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="APA Rated Sheathing", Framing_width=2,Blocked_Dia="Yes"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$21:$K$27,IF(S_nail=6,3,IF(S_nail=4,4,IF(S_nail=2.5,5,IF(S_nail=2,6,NA)))),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="Structural I", Framing_width=3,Blocked_Dia="Yes"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$36:$K$38,IF(S_nail=6,3,IF(S_nail=4,4,IF(S_nail=2.5,5,IF(S_nail=2,6,NA)))),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="APA Rated Sheathing", Framing_width=3,Blocked_Dia="Yes"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$39:$K$45,IF(S_nail=6,3,IF(S_nail=4,4,IF(S_nail=2.5,5,IF(S_nail=2,6,NA)))),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="Structural I", Framing_width=2,Blocked_Dia="No"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$18:$K$20,IF(Sheathing_Layout="Case 1",7,8),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="APA Rated Sheathing", Framing_width=2,Blocked_Dia="No"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$21:$K$27,IF(Sheathing_Layout="Case 1",7,8),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="Structural I", Framing_width=3,Blocked_Dia="No"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$36:$K$38,IF(Sheathing_Layout="Case 1",7,8),FALSE),IF(AND(Sheathing_Matl="APA Rated Sheathing", Framing_width=3,Blocked_Dia="No"),VLOOKUP(Sheathing_Thk,'Lookup Tables'!$D$39:$K$45,IF(Sheathing_Layout="Case 1",7,8),FALSE),2))))))))

First calculates the Cn variable in the equation for C&C wind loads for open structures for a particular wind zone, wind flow type, and tributary area. Second calculates the shear capacity of a specific range of wood diaphragms based on geometric conditions, materials used, and connection patterns.

I'm working on a spreadsheet to design reinforce concrete water storage tanks in my down time. For fun and shit.

I've done windload calculations a couple of times, and no more. I tell people now that as a manufacturer, it's a conflict of interest and a problem of liability for me to perform structural calculations of that nature.

Keep going with that thought.

You've been on the trail for months. You mosey into town, saunter up to the saloon, and sidle up to the bar. After you order your whiskey, you ask 'What month of the year is it?' Because you could give a shit what day it is; that doesn't really hold any significance whatsoever.
Hahaha, good point! When your leg is rotting off, you've lost 3 of your 15 kids to dysentry, your horse hates you and your wife is running out of gingham, who gives a fuck if it's a weekend. That bar is opening!

Back
Top Bottom