Barton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You'd struggle to otherwise understand cos there were women playing (rather than men).... Women's football being so different and all?

The wank mob on Sky make me not tune in before k/o....... I'm far from alone in that too....... It's not a matter of gender; it's a matter of good or bad punditry.
No fucking smart arse. I havent a clue of the players, who the good teams are, what styles they play etc. I thought it was easy enough work out what i meant.

No fucking smart arse. I havent a clue of the players, who the good teams are, what styles they play etc. I thought it was easy enough work out what i meant.

Smart arse or not; you've kinda proved my point... I assume all along that you had no problem deciphering the game itself despite "not playing at the elite level (tm)" yourself.

The basis upon which you've credited the female commentary/punditry is telling you about the players/teams.......? So what part of that don't you think can translate to them working in the men's game? .....Why can only a man do that for you if they're filling in the gaps over the men's game? ....What is the deeper technical/tactical insight that you get from male comms that is beyond these ladies that you admit did a good job of when comming 'their' game?

Let's be brutally honest; like most of us you'd struggle to list too many male pundits that you don't end up griping over.......?

The reservations about women comms/pundits would make at least some sense if the bar set by the men comms/pundits was significantly high...... But it isn't; quite the opposite.

Last edited:
Smart arse or not; you've kinda proved my point... I assume all along that you had no problem deciphering the game itself despite "not playing at the elite level (tm)" yourself.

The basis upon which you've credited the female commentary/punditry is telling you about the players/teams.......? So what part of that don't you think can translate to them working in the men's game? .....Why can only a man do that for you if they're filling in the gaps over the men's game? ....What is the deeper technical/tactical insight that you get from male comms that is beyond these ladies that you admit did a good job of when comming 'their' game?

Let's be brutally honest; like most of us you'd struggle to list too many male pundits that you don't end up griping over.......?

The reservations about women comms/pundits would make at least some sense if the bar set by the men comms/pundits was significantly high...... But it isn't; quite the opposite.
Never said it cant translate at all. Nowhere in my post did i say women couldnt do it.
I said if both parties are equally bad maybe its better to go for someone who has played at the level that theyre been asked to comment on. Nothing wild in that.
Again i never said the level was high. quite the opposite

This guy has a real problem. If you don't like the build up and whos on it just watch the game and then turn it off.

Eni Aluko might not be great and says some daft things but she doesnt deserve the hate she gets online.

View: https://x.com/Joey7Barton/status/1743178035766153418?s=20

Joey Barton stubbed a cigar out in a child's eye. He can get in the fucking bin and stay there
He's a nasty piece of work... I don't even get the 'Fred & Rose' comment....
Apart from being in very had taste, wasn't one of them (Fred) a man? He was talking about 2 female pundits, right?

Idiot! Can't even get his gender references right!
At least use Rose & Myra if you have to!!!

He's a nasty piece of work... I don't even get the 'Fred & Rose' comment....
Apart from being in very had taste, wasn't one of them (Fred) a man? He was talking about 2 female pundits, right?

Idiot! Can't even get his gender references right!
At least use Rose & Myra if you have to!!!

Maybe Fred identified as a woman?

Last edited:
Barton seems bored.

Majority of pundits and co-commentators are shite, but far easier to target the women.

Modern way though, seem as if you're anti-woke and a certain section of society will lap it up!

Back
Top Bottom