Barton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Fred identified as a woman?
I wouldn't put it past her!

Barton seems bored.

Majority of pundits and co-commentators are shite, but far easier to target the women.

Modern way though, seem as if you're anti-woke and a certain section of society will lap it up!
Barton seems DRUNK (or High!)
That's the 2am rant of someone who's had too many and can't stop their true feelings coming out!

Nasty, despicable piece of work!

I remember when he was still relatively young, and got sent off at half time for Man City in the Cup at WHL (the game they came back from 0-3 down to win 4-3 with 10 men...) His whole demeanour just seemed nasty...
I SEEM to remember he grabbed a Spurs players neck as he went off begrudgingly...
Summit just horrible about him... and predictably he's proving himself every bit the nasty piece of work in his retirement!

Barton seems bored.

Majority of pundits and co-commentators are shite, but far easier to target the women.

Modern way though, seem as if you're anti-woke and a certain section of society will lap it up!

He just wants attention and seems to be getting it, the amount of idiots (and I included ITV in that) that bite is kind of funny.

Twitter is useful for instant information like Spurs team news but it has made a lot of companies, politicians and celebrities look like fucking morons. Worse is when you see top scientists and thinkers say stupid things and get community noted, suddenly the penny drops, a lot of people are really dumb when they speak outside their specific area of expertise.

I know jack shit about plumbing but you get people on Twitter who know as little as me talking as if they are experts. Elon Musk for example is a very smart person, you don't build multi-billion pound businesses without being that but he thinks because he is elite at certain things he is elite at everything, so he talks about Ukraine (a subject I know well having done History and Politics as my degree) with the same understanding as a child.

Joey Barton is just trying to drag all around him down to his level, that is it. I hope people take note and ignore.

Last edited:
I’ve said already that I have no issue with women who are as good as, or better than, men doing any job in the world. I’ve no right to believe anything else. But if a woman suddenly popped up commentating on UFC or boxing, I’d almost certainly not take to that either.
Natasha Jonas is a quality boxing pundit IMO.

One can only hope that all the attention that is being focused on Barton and Co will raise the bar higher in respect of the other commentators of the game behaving more appropriately in the future.

When intelligence can't get you attention why not use non-intelligence..

ITV condemn Joey Barton's 'SHAMEFUL' comments comparing Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward to Fred and Rose West, before he brands broadcaster 'f*****g idiots' and vows to keep calling all female pundits serial killers​

• ITV condemned Barton's latest tirade, aimed at pundits Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward
  • Joey Barton hit back, vowing to keep comparing female pundits to serial killers
  • IAN LADYMAN: Premier League clubs are so wrapped up in their own self-interest. They want what suits them and that's not FA Cup replays - It's All Kicking Off
By LUKE POWER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 17:29 GMT, 5 January 2024 |

ITV denounced Joey Barton's comments as 'shameful' after he compared pundits Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward to Fred and Rose West - but he vowed to continue likening female football broadcasters to serial killers in a blistering response.
Barton sparked fury on Friday morning after comparing Aluko and Ward to the Wests and questioning their legitimacy as pundits after they covered Crystal Palace's FA Cup draw with Everton.
The Wests murdered 12 women and young girls over the course of 20 years. Fred took his own life before facing trial while Rose was sentenced to 10 life terms. She remains in prison aged 70.

He's just the latest grifter who has worked out that there is easy money to be made off the back of an army of pathetic little incels.

Tbh just listened to motd, female commentating. Terrible unfortunately
That puts it on a par with much of the 'male commentating' then, doesn't it?

TV football is only enjoyable either when I have the commentators turned off, or they're commentating in a language I don't understand. Otherwise, it's intrusively annoying.

Whatever the gender, they're unwanted.

Back
Top Bottom