Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen is shocking. Scared to death of any contact, everything is laid off first time usually straight to the opposition.

Dier is shit. Looked decent against a few lumps from Burnley but against any decent footballers/pace you may aswell have 10 men.

As much as I love Sissoko and his cult status, between him and Dier there's barely half a footballer in terms of technique.

I think we basically have a settled defence now and a settle front 4. The double pivot remains the big question mark and I really don't know what Jose will do.

I don't see how GLC or Skipp can't do a job in there. The only thing Dier has going for him is his size but that is completely nullified against opposition like this.

Then theres the ever injured Ndombele and the non-entity that is Winks. I don't know what the solution is but it sure ain't Dier and Sissoko.
Settled defence? Which game were you watching?

Wanyama hasnt played under Jose' yet. Hes got to play the senior players a few times before he discards them completely.
Does he not have the ability to watch back his games? I mean the fella is done here.

I've heard that in order to get players sold you sometimes need to play them, "get them in the shop window" not sure how this actually works or is just a myth but maybe that what was being done, maybe we have a buyer lined up in Jan????

But when is Parrott going to get the opportunity if not tonight when Kane hasn't travelled? I want to see the manager looking to the future, not to the past.

Such as? That Eriksen is a cunt and Wanyama should be covered with a blanket and put out of his misery?

I'd say pretty much every Spurs fan could have told you that before the game
That's up to Jose to answer

To me , at the very minimum, he's seen how some fringe player reacts against a top side (even if they played in a lower gear for most of the second half) in an CL game
I would imagine he's quite happy with the raw quality of players like Sess, Foyth and Skipp and to some degree KWP when he is put under big pressure, and he will start working on improving them
Probably he's thinking the there is no solution to the midfield problem with the current players, or maybe he's got something new in mind
He is also probably thinking about what to do with GLC, a very talented player going forward, who cannot defend as he wants

Eriksen and Wanyama have played just to give some more experienced presence on the pitch, they are clearly not in his long term plans

Does he not have the ability to watch back his games? I mean the fella is done here.

I've heard that in order to get players sold you sometimes need to play them, "get them in the shop window" not sure how this actually works or is just a myth but maybe that what was being done, maybe we have a buyer lined up in Jan????

But when is Parrott going to get the opportunity if not tonight when Kane hasn't travelled? I want to see the manager looking to the future, not to the past.
1000% this.

Every Tottenham fan on earth could have told Mourinho this and that Eriksen has become a fucking disgrace to the shirt before the game.

This idea that "José has learnt something tonight" is beyond mental.

I believe I’ve made that point. Don’t worry - he learned a lot.
But like I say, Tanganga, could he cope with an International class speed merchant? We know Toby can't, doesn't look like Foyth is overly rapid. We defended so deep we would have had to move the bus forward a good bit to actually park it.

They were all playing like shit under Poch though. It would be unfair if all the other players get a game or two to show the new manager what they can do and not Wanyama.
But I'd be seriously worried if he thinks he's got a future at Spurs given the reported injury issues he's carried. The only excuse would be that the info we've got about his knees has all be fictitious, the medical team would have all the data, so maybe his knees are fine and he's in perfect condition???

Then why play them in a meaningless game in which he said he'd give the players he's seen less of a chance?
I guess he didn't;t want to got for a 100% experimental line up and he wanted to play a few more experienced players. As much as I cannot wait to see the post Eriksen era to start, I don't have much of a problem with seeing him in a game like this

Shame we didn't see Parrott, but I am sure we'll see enough of him in the future

1000% this.

Every Tottenham fan on earth could have told Mourinho this and that Eriksen has become a fucking disgrace to the shirt before the game.

I thought Eriksen was not too bad in the first half and I get why we played him if Dele is rested (we don't have another No 10 as Lamela is injured and Lo Celso is mainly played out on the right I think(??), with Eriksen at least he could attempt to bring in Sess and Lo Celso either side and therefore help their game. Or at least it would have been better than playing anyone else there.

I really think the DM position is cursed for us.

No seriously I genuinely think there is something supernatural going on here. Sandro, Wanyama, Dier etc. All looked absolutely amazing for 18 months or so and then all of a sudden become league one level players.

I just don’t get it. . .

Also although I agree that Skipp should get a chance over Dier, I just know that Jose won’t do it because he wants a DM in there that can win headers. :mourcheeks:

But to be fair how many times did he receive/have an opportunity to get on the ball? I'm not saying he was great, but he didn't really have a chance to be great.

Nobody ahead of that midfield got any service, but he has to do more in games.

Mourinho doesn't exactly come out of that with much credit. I'm pleased that he rotated and gave some new faces a chance, but Dier and Sissoko in a Cm2 against Thiago/Coutinho/Kimmich was fucking lunacy.

Moura as the central striker (we all saw how shit that was under Poch) was wank.

Play 433 FFS, put Skipp and Lo Celso in midfield and have Sessegnon and Moura either side of Parrott - who is a CF.

1000% this.

Come on Bill, if he was a disgrace what were Dier, Sissoko and Moura? Watch that Coutinho goal and tell me how much Sissoko cares about the fucking badge.

Only Gazzaniga and KWP saw more of the ball tonight for us than Eriksen. What he did with it was absolutely piss poor, but he was no worse than anyone else out there and not as bad as some.

Just on the train back to city centre, and thawing out nicely. Good seat on the corner of the stand near their noisy fans. The orchestration of their support got tiresome after twenty minutes, had nothing to do with the way the game was going.
Although the result was meaningless, I was still wanting the win. Don't think anyone covered themselves with glory or made a case for breaking into the first eleven. Ryan was ok and took his goal well, and Juan looked reasonably solid.
One thing I noticed was their keeper was well off his line on umpteen occasions, but we never really capitalised on that.
I'll be glad to get back to the hotel, it's been a long day.
Goodnight all x

Back
Top Bottom