Bayern Munich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Relegated Burnley to Bayern in the Champions league and in crisis with them only finishing 3rd is a massive leap. Playing his type of football with Dier, Mueller, Kane etc. in the team will be very interesting

They must be utterly stupid .
KOMPANIEEEEE STILLGESTANDEN!!!!!!!

Happy Dance GIF by tv2norge

(hope for the whole season!)

Kompany is a promising manager in spite of the relegation. And he has the name value from his playing days and more importantly, the stamp of approval from Pep.

That's going to be the new hotness when recruting managers for the next few years. Guys connected to Pep and his school of football. Clubs will want their own answer to Arteta similarly to how clubs wanted someone connected to Rangnick and the Gegenpress style during the 10s.

I don't deny that he has talent, and getting relegated with Burney doesn't automatically mean that he's useless. But Bayern is a huge club and at best I can only see it as something that might come good in two or three years time. Will they even give him that time? He doesn't really strike me as a manager that will come in and make a huge impact right away.

To go from Nagelsmann to Tuchel to Kompany is madness. Not every young manager is going to do a Xabi Alonso. Pochettino would have made much more sense for them.

Not the best news for Kane this. Just cannot see how a coach who showed such naivety in the Prem last season will suddenly have this giant club competing for the CL and Bundesliga. His player career and the fact Pep was his manager means absolutely nothing as some in the media have tried to suggest, will give him until Xmas

Not the best news for Kane this. Just cannot see how a coach who showed such naivety in the Prem last season will suddenly have this giant club competing for the CL and Bundesliga. His player career and the fact Pep was his manager means absolutely nothing as some in the media have tried to suggest, will give him until Xmas
Sometimes a manager just needs a good team to work. De Rossi was utterly horrible at SPAL, and is now flourishing at Roma. Xabi Alonso and Thiago Motta were pretty unspectacular at Sociedad and PSG/Genoa earlier in their careers respectively, and look at both of them now. Maybe Kompany's brand of football needs very good players to work. I wouldn't discount it this quickly as an appointment (maybe because I respect Kompany a lot as a player so there is a bias there), although the risk of it failing is pretty high.

Probably would of made more sense if he was a Bayern legend
Trained by Pep. Might turn out to be Pep.

Such basic thinking by a huge club.

Wouldn’t be stunned to see the waiter from Pep’s favourite restaurant becoming a manager in the Championship next season.

Back
Top Bottom