Bayern Munich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They had a very good young manager in Nagelsmann and they sacked him because he wasn’t 20 points above 2nd place.

They’ve gone from Guardiola, Ancelotti or Nagelsmann to Tuchel and Kompany. Lol

Would be quite a statement.

Can't see the quality in Kompany myself but will be keen to see if I am proven wrong.

The last time Bayern had a manager who saw out his contract it was Pep. Nobody since has lasted more than 18 months, even Ancelotti left after a year. Something has gone badly wrong at the club.
I remember a journalist in Germany (may have been Raphael Honigstein) saying something to the effect that the culture at Bayern has been to sound the emergency alarm whilst they're winning, if there's the slightest hint of a problem. The idea being that this means they'll fix any issues before they get to a real disaster.

This had been working for them in the short term, but the constant state of panic they put themselves in leading to Ancelotti's sacking, fallings out with Flick, Nagelmann sacking etc. Seems to have eroded long term planning or foundations there.

Burnley to Bayern …..

Jump Episode 6 GIF by PBS

The last time Bayern had a manager who saw out his contract it was Pep. Nobody since has lasted more than 18 months, even Ancelotti left after a year. Something has gone badly wrong at the club.
Bayern has always been a madhouse. But it's usually been kept just within the playing squad. Players sleeping with each others wives. Multiple cliqs that don't get a long and actively undermine each other. That sort of thing. They are called FC Hollywood for a reason.

But recently it has sippered into the boardroom and executive level. Guys like Neuer and Müller have sway with people above the manager and have been able to undercut them.

Nagelsmann actually managed to get the long standing goalkeeping coach fired when he was there. That man is Neuer's best friend and was rumoured to actively leak info from coaching staff meetings to Neuer and other players. And they then went running to the big wigs.

Nagelsmann got fired not long after that despite being on a great run of form.

How do you get your team relegated because you have no plan B (sound familiar?) and yet be rewarded for failure with a job of this magnitude?

Poor Harry. I'm starting to believe he actually is cursed.

How do you get your team relegated because you have no plan B (sound familiar?) and yet be rewarded for failure with a job of this magnitude?

Poor Harry. I'm starting to believe he actually is cursed.
Kompany is a promising manager in spite of the relegation. And he has the name value from his playing days and more importantly, the stamp of approval from Pep.

That's going to be the new hotness when recruting managers for the next few years. Guys connected to Pep and his school of football. Clubs will want their own answer to Arteta similarly to how clubs wanted someone connected to Rangnick and the Gegenpress style during the 10s.

Would be quite a statement.

Can't see the quality in Kompany myself but will be keen to see if I am proven wrong.
Wow! Only just seen this.
That's a massive step up for him.

I'm not sure about this appointment, Kompany's way of playing should work a lot better at Bayern but I don't know if he will be able to manager those types of players the same way he's been able to do at Burnley and in Belgium. Bayern's squad is older, I'm not sure if they'll even respect him.

Honestly, I don't even think Conte would've been a bad appointment. Just get him for a season and win the Bundesliga back.

Back
Top Bottom