Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was expecting more from there fans to be honest, Hugo Tottenhams best ever goalie? Never saw jennings live but the this guy is the nuts.

Thought we played alright tbh. Unlucky not to win, and a slight lack of urgency.

Lloris - 11/10. Unreal.
Dier - 8. Strong, fearless.
Fazio - 7.5 A rock, a leader, but still early doors.
Chiriches - 4. Cost us 2 points, constantly caught out. Had he been better Hugo would have barely had a save to make.
Davies - 6.5. not a lot to say. Room for improvement but he is still a kid.
Stambouli - 7. Not quite as 'ard as Sandro, not quite as good on the ball as Capoue. Happy medium, did the dirty work but not much else.
Bentaleb - 8. Can't believe he's only 19, plays like someone ten years older. So quick on the ball, not afraid to shout at someone, not afraid to get stuck in. Really stood out for me.
Paulinho - 5. He wasn't.. bad.. he was just sort of.. there. Better than he was against forest i suppose. Needs to be dropped and rested for a while.
Townsend - 8. had he got a goal he would have got a 9, was quality, got forward when necessary, defended great. Held his own against some big bastards.
Kane - 7.5. at times it looked like he was the 26million pound striker... and at other times i forgot he was playing at all.
Soldado - 7. Did everything you would expect a proper old school centre forward to do. ran to the near post, dragged defenders. If we'd had more of the ball it could have worked out a lot better for him. Was visibly frustrated, and can't blame him. He's had better games for us, but he didn't play badly. Led from the front as well, very vocal. Especially towards the ref.. who had an absolute shocker.

Last edited:
Thought we played alright tbh. Unlucky not to win, and a slight lack of urgency.

Lloris - 11/10. Unreal.
Chiriches - 4. Cost us 2 points, constantly caught out. Had he been better Hugo would have barely had a save to make.
Stambouli - 7. Not quite as 'ard as Sandro, not quite as good on the ball as Capoue. Happy medium, did the dirty work but not much else.
Bentaleb - 8. Can't believe he's only 19, plays like someone ten years older. So quick on the ball, not afraid to shout at someone, not afraid to get stuck in. Really stood out for me.
Paulinho - 5. He wasn't.. bad.. he was just sort of.. there. Better than he was against forest i suppose. Needs to be dropped and rested for a while.
Townsend - 8. had he got a goal he would have got a 9, was quality, got forward when necessary, defended great. Held his own against some big bastards.
Kane - 7.5. at times it looked like he was the 26million pound striker... and at other times i forgot he was playing at all.
Soldado - 7. Did everything you would expect a proper old school centre forward to do. ran to the near post, dragged defenders. If we'd had more of the ball it could have worked out a lot better for him. Was visibly frustrated, and can't blame him. He's had better games for us, but he didn't play badly. Led from the front as well, very vocal. Especially towards the ref.. who had an absolute shocker.
Townsend an 8 and Soldado a 7 ?

U drunk ?

I look forward to visiting Istanbul and experiencing your atmosphere.
I heard we will play you at the Turkish Olympic Stadium rather than your home ground, is the atmosphere still good there? I heard good things from Feyenoord fans who visited you.

No. Olympic stadium is horrible all around, it's extremely far, extremely windy, pitch is like a potato farm, stand placement is terrible and it won't be even half full. Hell, it'll probably be a easier match for Tottenham because Beşiktaş can't play the way they want in that pitch. I say skip this one and come back another time when our own stadium is finished.

As for the match, I thought we'd be lucky to draw in this away game when I saw the result of Tottenham - Woolwich match last week but now I feel robbed. That amount of poor finishing is unacceptable at that level but I'm still proud of the performance. Away draw against our biggest rival in the group isn't all that bad anyway.

Your two centrebacks were shiet. All they did was wrestle with Demba Ba. It seemed like they were more focused on trying to impress WWE scouts than defending, which would explain their performance.

I was impressed with the fans, they came off extremely good on TV and suppressed home crowd more times than they should have.

Please beat Asteras. That's it.

Ba had 5 or 6 lovely runs where he found a pocket of space and created a scoring opportunity. Exactly what is missing from Roberto's game currently and what makes him so ineffective out there

You seem to have this get rid of Soldado thing firmly etched in your head Sammy.
I don't think they were looking for him and he had to create his plays tonight!

EVERY fucking shit, non existent performance by Soldado is someone elses damn fault....Paulinho last week.

Well he played last night too and Kane outshone him yet again....so? Is it Pauliinho or Soldado?

Townsend had a good game and made some good passes.....awwwwwww, but he didnt look for Soldado the poor thing. Create his plays? You mean the ONE run he has made from the halfway line with the ball in 14 MONTHS?

Soldado is as fucking lazy as they come.....he is Berbatov MINUS the skill set, and with zero input to a match....and of course without the goals.

Ade played 11 minutes and people have rated his performance as shit....Kane played a brilliant game, in the same set up. Soldado is fucking shit. THATS the problem.

EVERY fucking shit, non existent performance by Soldado is someone elses damn fault....Paulinho last week.

Well he played last night too and Kane outshone him yet again....so? Is it Pauliinho or Soldado?

Townsend had a good game and made some good passes.....awwwwwww, but he didnt look for Soldado the poor thing. Create his plays? You mean the ONE run he has made from the halfway line with the ball in 14 MONTHS?

Soldado is as fucking lazy as they come.....he is Berbatov MINUS the skill set, and with zero input to a match....and of course without the goals.

Ade played 11 minutes and people have rated his performance as shit....Kane played a brilliant game, in the same set up. Soldado is fucking shit. THATS the problem.

I agree. I thought the European games would be better for him as the cliche goes that European football is slower than the prem, but they swallowed his soul.

I agree. I thought the European games would be better for him as the cliche goes that European football is slower than the prem, but they swallowed his soul.

His lack of effort is the worst thing. You see Kane running his arse off to get the ball back in midfield, yet when it spills to Soldado he will just happily plod along, and walk back to "his position" (wherever that is) while the opposition is able to calm down the game and pick his pass.

He will not make a challenge if it means making the effort of running more than one meter.

God knows what all these brilliant off the ball runs are people have been seeing since the days of AVB. Its a load of bollocks if you ask me.

He is slow as fuck, maybe thats why Townsend doesnt look for him. He needs to stand on the 6 yard box, have a ball delivered to his feet, unchallenged......and even then its less than 50-50 that he will score.

Rasiak-io more like. Cack.

Soldado - 7. Did everything you would expect a proper old school centre forward to do. ran to the near post, dragged defenders. If we'd had more of the ball it could have worked out a lot better for him. Was visibly frustrated, and can't blame him. He's had better games for us, but he didn't play badly. Led from the front as well, very vocal.

charles-spliff.jpg

Lloris - 11/10. Unreal.
Those would be considered rather generous inflated ratings as the media/neutrals considered our
performance as piss poor.
Many of us admire such positivity and lesser deranged imbeciles like ourselves
would love to join you on the happy bus.

Townsend an 8 and Soldado a 7 ?

U drunk ?
Townsend an 8

Hahahhahahahaahahahahahaha

HahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahHahahhahahahaahahahahahaha
HahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahhahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahaha
aHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Lloris - 10/10. Can't ask for more
Dier - 7.5 Good going forward and defending
Fazio - 7 Good covering chirches mess all the time
Chiriches - 2 aside from the mistake at the end he was responsible for all if not most of besiktas chances
Davies - 6.5. Ok grew as the game went on
Stambouli - 6 Neet and tidy without imposing himself.
Bentaleb - 7.5 very good the bentaleb of last season.
Paulinho - 5. He was on the pitch
Townsend - 5.5 everything let down by constant poor decision making
Kane - 7.5 was top provided a real goal threat and good midfield play to boot.
Soldado - 5.5 - has to do so much more as a centre forward, did make one nice run though.

Anyone else think we're rotating far too much for European fixtures? I have no problem with blooding youngsters like Kane, Davies, Townsend and Dier, but don't think we necessarily need to make 10 changes from our team at the weekend.

The likes of Chelsea and City are able to field their strongest XI both at the weekend and mid-week with only a few changes? maybe we'd benefit from keeping the spine of the team a constant in both competitions. I know Harry was criticised for lack of rotation but we did seem to excel when we played a consistent XI.
Yes agree. We end up losing on Sunday anyway?

Last edited:
This is literally a completely different outfield 10 to who will play at the the weekend (maybe bar Kane) so this overreacting is ridiculous.
I think that's the problem though.

By chopping and changing the personnel so much, we're not developing any consistency in play nor partnerships between players in key positions.

I agree with rotation but not on a wholesale scale.

The idea that if a player does well in our midweek squad, he'll be selected for the weekend is flawed. If that happens, it changes the team dynamic for the league match and regular first teamers have to get used to a new player.

We need a core, consistent line-up at least in defence and central midfield.

Today you were so lucky .The game can be finished 1-4 or 1-5 but you have very successful goalkeeper.That was a good game,you need more luck for a second match in Istanbul against 60.000 fans :)

You're right, we were lucky and you should have beaten the reserve team we had out.

Our first team would have beaten you though, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom