Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

images
OCHoGx9.jpg

Today you were so lucky .The game can be finished 1-4 or 1-5 but you have very successful goalkeeper.That was a good game,you need more luck for a second match in Istanbul against 60.000 fans :)

I know people will blame Vlad, but the fact is we were playing at home and got bossed by Besiktas. Need to be better and i don't see a lot of heart out there at the moment.

If not for Hugo, we would have easily lost this game.

I blame Vlad YES.
Hugo did avoid the defeat YES.
They had their regular 11 whereas we had 10 changes so not a bad performance overall .
We were excellent between the many Fcuk ups?

We would have won 1-0 if it wasn't for the umpteenth cockup by Mr Vlad.

Anyone else think we're rotating far too much for European fixtures? I have no problem with blooding youngsters like Kane, Davies, Townsend and Dier, but don't think we necessarily need to make 10 changes from our team at the weekend.

The likes of Chelsea and City are able to field their strongest XI both at the weekend and mid-week with only a few changes? maybe we'd benefit from keeping the spine of the team a constant in both competitions. I know Harry was criticised for lack of rotation but we did seem to excel when we played a consistent XI.

So aside from the match itself... Was expecting an awful lot more from the Besiktas lot in terms of atmosphere. They had their moments, but definitely seemed like the Park Lane was just as loud as them for most of the match, which I certainly wasn't anticipating.

But who the fuck were those stupid bellends who were giving it the big one to the Besiktas fans after FT, ending up getting pushed back by the stewards? Thanks to them I took a coin to the head about an inch from my eye. One of them seemed to be wearing a blue plastic poncho like you get at theme parks, but with a Stone Island badge sewn on to it, probably by his mum. Fucking mugs.

Anyone else think we're rotating far too much for European fixtures? I have no problem with blooding youngsters like Kane, Davies, Townsend and Dier, but don't think we necessarily need to make 10 changes from our team at the weekend.

The likes of Chelsea and City are able to field their strongest XI both at the weekend and mid-week with only a few changes? maybe we'd benefit from keeping the spine of the team a constant in both competitions. I know Harry was criticised for lack of rotation but we did seem to excel when we played a consistent XI.

Now that we're in a slightly precarious position in the group I think we'll probably see less rotation. It's hard though because we have so many players that should be capable and it's hard to just not give them games. What do you do with the non youngsters like Lennon, Dembele, Soldado, Paulinho and new signings Fazio and Stambouli if you don't play them in Europa? It's a tough balance to maintain while keeping the group happy.

Now that we're in a slightly precarious position in the group I think we'll probably see less rotation. It's hard though because we have so many players that should be capable and it's hard to just not give them games. What do you do with the non youngsters like Lennon, Dembele, Soldado, Paulinho and new signings Fazio and Stambouli if you don't play them in Europa? It's a tough balance to maintain while keeping the group happy.

I suppose we're not quite in the same position as City/Chels in the way that they can have larger squads and keep the fringe players motivated through higher wages/possible silverware despite not being played in as many games. They have a large number of players who seem relatively happy to take the backseat whereas we have many players who could quite happily move on if they weren't getting minutes on a regular basis..

Yeah, 10 changes is too many, and it's created a 2nd team mentality. I don't want to get at Poch - he wants to see what everyone can do - but I don't like the idea of a Spurs B team playing in Europe, it shows us in a poor light.

I have always prompted playing your best team every game. E.g. Soldado would be a better player coming into an established set up. Vlad I would get rid however he would proberbly be better also in a balanced team.

Anyone else see the Besiktas fan get a right whack off a Spurs lad in Block 31 when they equalised? Twat.

So aside from the match itself... Was expecting an awful lot more from the Besiktas lot in terms of atmosphere. They had their moments, but definitely seemed like the Park Lane was just as loud as them for most of the match, which I certainly wasn't anticipating.

But who the fuck were those stupid bellends who were giving it the big one to the Besiktas fans after FT, ending up getting pushed back by the stewards? Thanks to them I took a coin to the head about an inch from my eye. One of them seemed to be wearing a blue plastic poncho like you get at theme parks, but with a Stone Island badge sewn on to it, probably by his mum. Fucking mugs.

That wasn't their proper lot, apparently. UK and Europe based fans only, none bothered travelling from Turkey. If the hardcore had travelled, I reckon their support would have been far better. I sit in the Paxton and I agree yids in the Park Lane were as loud as them. Good effort from our support, all things considered. Won't comment on the other thing as I could only see it from a distance.

As for the game...too much rotation considering this competition is a chance of silverware and our best chance at a CL spot. Chiriches- another blinding signing by Baldini. Mad to get rid of Daws and Caulker and keep him. Other than that I think most of the lads put a good shift in 2nd half.

We were lucky to get a draw tonight. Hugo MOTM again which is a poor reflection on us. Good performances from Kane and Townsend, thought Stambouli and Fazio were not to bad either. Thought Dembele was excelent when he came on. I can't figure out how playing with two holding midfielders teams can run at our back four.

Vlad is a fucking liability, never seen Lloris so emotional before but he tore Vlad a new arsehole and justified to. Fair to say when Walker is fit Dier becomes CB next to Fazio and Chirices can fuck off to his dream move Chelsea, useless cunt.
As for Paulinho, I'm bored of saying it but is is one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. He does nothing.

As for Besiktas fans very disappointed, No louder than a normal away mob. We have some right dicks in our ranks.
All that said the way the group is panning out its no major problem, this was the B Team, which I think we should be playing, Latter on we have enough quality to ramp things up if needs be.
No idea why Potch didn't take Kane off he was fucked in the last 15 and could barely run.

Today you were so lucky .The game can be finished 1-4 or 1-5 but you have very successful goalkeeper.That was a good game,you need more luck for a second match in Istanbul against 60.000 fans :)

I look forward to visiting Istanbul and experiencing your atmosphere.
I heard we will play you at the Turkish Olympic Stadium rather than your home ground, is the atmosphere still good there? I heard good things from Feyenoord fans who visited you.

Chiriches has always had a few question marks (last year at home to Sunderland anybody?!) hanging over him. After WBA and today those questions have been answered for sure, weak in a challenge, hesitant and/or poor reading of the game, average at best in the air, bad decision making on and off the ball and, chuck in some total ineptitude and howlers. I don't think I've seen the ball bounce or go over a defender's head like that as much as his in two games!
Dear oh dear. Somebody please defend him cos he couldn't defend fuck-all.

Back
Top Bottom