BELIEVE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We could have, imv if we signed Skriniar or similar quality CB
Skriniar at the start of the January transfer window a la Van Dijk?
:levyeyes:

Redknapp's not a bad reference point for this actually. If, if, we're flying come Christmas then we'd be fools not to do everything we could to add Skriniar into the mix. Would be like a certain other January transfer window where we could have used better recruitment than Nelsen and Saha...

Where Poch made us dare... José will make us do!!

COYS!!
Yes i disagree with the pathetic needless jab at Poch. No need to even bring him up but you always need to try and jab at him again.
Wait wait, is that really a jab at Poch? I read it as a positive - he took us to another level and had us all believe (albeit to fall just short and suffer heartbreak). It's hoping José takes that good work and sees us across the line to win silverware.

I don't see the need to infight.

Wait wait, is that really a jab at Poch? I read it as a positive - he took us to another level and had us all believe (albeit to fall just short and suffer heartbreak). It's hoping José takes that good work and sees us across the line to win silverware.

I don't see the need to infight.

Considering the poster and his history with Poch (and post confirming it) that it is.

I’m a pretty optimistic supporter. The last 12 - 15 years have been pretty impressive and substantially more so when compared to the same time period prior which is when I began as a fan.

We’ve been slowly building something at this club with the training ground and the stadium not to mention the steady rise up the European club rankings. Even though I think we have had the best starting 11 in the league once, if not twice, in the last 5/6 years, we have been let down due to missing some ingredients: squad depth, winning mentality and luck. I think with the recent additions, we now have a really good squad with the most important being a backup to Kane. We want to be able to put our best team out against the toughest teams and we need them to be fresh, this allows us to do that. Jose, along with his recent recruits, also bring that winning mentality which is incredibly important. Not sure if people noticed but if we can get out our preferred starting 11, we will have 4 national team captains in Lloris, Son, Kane and Bale. You get picked captain because you’ve got a strong head on yeah and these 4 do. The last is luck which is something we’re not known for. We need the last minute peno against Newcastle types games to disappear and we can’t have another injury crisis. I think one of the reasons Liverpool have done so well over the last two years is because they’ve been able to field their best 11 on countless occasions.

With all this, I’m cautiously optimistic. All of the other top 6 teams have flopped in at least one game so I don’t think we’ll see that runaway leader like we have in the last two seasons in the league. I still think the objective should be top 4 and a cup, preferably the Europa. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet as we’ve been doing great in seasons all the way up to February but this week sure felt good. If we can get to the League Cup final and win, at the same time be within 5 points of the league leaders and still in the other cups, then I will really start to believe this will be a special year.

COYS!!

Something's wrong with me, this is what pops to mind when I see the thread title :mourweird:

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, there's been so much disappointment through the years, falling over at the final hurdle, etc, that I'm still finding it hard to believe, even with the squad we have assembled and the results this week. I was fortunate to be at Wembley in 2008 and if we are able to finally go all the way in a competition this season, fucking hell :levywhoa::pochohshit::mourear:

At the moment I am most definitely at the "reason to hope" stage. A few more results like last Sunday and then I really will start to believe we have a title challenging side.
Top three at Christmas then I will be totally fucking convinced we can do it !
Exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
The problem is, fans aren't going to be allowed in the stadium this season. Countless numbers of games will be postponed or forfeited due to Covid. The whole thing stinks of desperation and pantomime and to be honest, feels more like a bunch of pre-season games masquerading as real competition as they cling onto TV contracts and advertising revenue.

We've moved on from Football and onto a TV show. Its in all the clubs interests to keep it going as long as possible; and who know's what the script is going to be as Covid cases spread through the clubs.

Its going to be terribly sad seeing Bale walk out for his debut in an empty stadium. One of the most iconic moments in the clubs history will be soulless.

For those fans that have attended WHL for year upon year; how's it going to feel watching Spurs finally lift a trophy in an empty, silent stadium? Like turning up to an empty nightclub and your favorite song comes on.

Thankfully, where I live we haven't had any Covid outside of quarantine and everything has been back to normal for months - So swings and roundabouts :cool:

Klinsmann coming back to save us from a relegation scrap was more iconic
Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.

I know everyone wanted to sign a new CB, i think we need to bring someone in come January, have we really been that bad defensively to say that signing 1 would be the difference between winning the league or not?
Granted we could be the first team to win the league without ever keeping a clean sheet, but our defence is not the worst when you compare it to the rest of the "big 6"
Also if fans start coming back to the stadium next year we would have already played away at United, Pool and Chelsea , 3 games where i never expect to see us win, if we can win these away games and have fans back at the lane when we face them it really could make all the difference, still i think the EL schedule is going to be what hurts us, but if we are in the mix come Christmas then surely anything is possible?

We could have, imv if we signed Skriniar or similar quality CB

I agree about 3-4 year ago yes very much so but teams like Liverpool ignoring the crazy result that happened are complete back to front, you can’t have a weakness and win. That being said we should be looking at top 4 and getting back in the CL and if somehow we do win the title then Jose will have done a special job.

Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.

Think you missed World record profit and largest megastore??? What’s wrong with you man!!

After the opening defeat what has happened since has raised my expectations considerably but it is 60 years since we won the league and we have had title winning teams before but it has not happened.
Sky Bet have us as 4th favourites which is about right.
Liverpool
5/4
Manchester City
5/4
Chelsea
14/1
Tottenham
18/1
Much more realistic to win one of the cups.

After the opening defeat what has happened since has raised my expectations considerably but it is 60 years since we won the league and we have had title winning teams before but it has not happened.
Sky Bet have us as 4th favourites which is about right.
Liverpool
5/4
Manchester City
5/4
Chelsea
14/1
Tottenham
18/1
Much more realistic to win one of the cups.
Has any team ever won the league after suffering such a humiliating defeat against a team that narrowly escaped relegation last season? Granted you would have to be a fool to write off City or Pools chances to win the league this season, but i think one of the reasons Pool done so well last season is they got lucky with Injuries, did VVD even miss a game last season? Surely they cant get so lucky again?

Back
Top Bottom