Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are either Welsh or Enic scum

Only these 2 group rate Davies as a footballer, most of cannot wait to see the back of him alongside half of the current squad members
Euro 2016 Hello GIF by Sporza

I’ve ridden Davies pretty hard in the past but he’s really been quite excellent this season. Could argue he’s been our best CB and our best WB.
Hes our best LWB because the other option is Perisic. LWB, CB and GK are our weaknesses. Hopefully there is some real improvement in the summer in this positions instead of loan deals for randoms or aging freebies.

Last edited:
Davies is not a player that concerns me in the way Davinson Sanchez and Tanganga do.

He has arguably enjoyed his best form, in this his 9th Spurs season, under Conte.

Playing on the left of a back three is definitely his best position.

His versatility, at being slightly above average, in two positions, should ensure he stays for a little while yet.

If two top notch centre backs are recruited in the summer, and Romero is retained, then keeping Dier and Davies around as squad players would probably be prudent.

Having said that; I also understand the sentiment of those who wish them to be purged.

I'd settle for Lloris, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenglet, Winks, Lo Celso and Moura leaving this summer.

Ndombele too but realistically; nobody is paying him 250k per week.

Perisic is not in good form but he has 5 assists in the Premier League for Spurs and is our top contributor.

We haven't seen the best of him but he does have something.

Davies is not a player that concerns me in the way Davinson Sanchez and Tanganga do.

He has arguably enjoyed his best form, in this his 9th Spurs season, under Conte.

Playing on the left of a back three is definitely his best position.

His versatility, at being slightly above average, in two positions, should ensure he stays for a little while yet.

If two top notch centre backs are recruited in the summer, and Romero is retained, then keeping Dier and Davies around as squad players would probably be prudent.

Having said that; I also understand the sentiment of those who wish them to be purged.

I'd settle for Lloris, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenglet, Winks, Lo Celso and Moura leaving this summer.

Ndombele too but realistically; nobody is paying him 250k per week.

Perisic is not in good form but he has 5 assists in the Premier League for Spurs and is our top contributor.

We haven't seen the best of him but he does have something.
I'd agree but issue is I don't see Dier happy with a squad role at this stage in his career/ego.

He will kick up a fuss and try to move in Jan if he barely plays.

I think he will remain a starter sadly.

Back
Top Bottom