Bottom 6 clubs. Which players would you want

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Benteke and Remy are the only obvious targets due to our continued striker debacle.

Possibly also Mbia (don't forget he manhandled Dembele) and Granero for CM reinforcement assuming no higher profile addition there. Shaw if we are thinking very long term.

Anyone else is not worth the effort.

I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned, but I see So'ton's Morgan Schneiderlin as a perfect replacement for Parker/understudy to Sandro. He's quick, aware, has good attributes for a DM and weighs in with the odd goal.

However, as already mentioned above, I'd take Benteke, Lallana and Figueroa. Snodgrass and Hoolahan look alright at Narch, but I don't think they're Spurs quality (/Spursy enough).

Kind of says it all about Villa really doesn't it, they really have been picked clean over the last few years. They used to have a pretty decent squad.

It does and it doesnt. A lot of their young players look pretty decent, and I firmly believe a few experienced buys would see that team come together terrifically well (imagine the same team with Dawson and Parker)

I also think, though, they are a bit too raw to be of interest to us. Benteke is clearly raw but even at his (very!) unpolished level he is a cut above - which makes him very interesting to me

It does and it doesnt. A lot of their young players look pretty decent, and I firmly believe a few experienced buys would see that team come together terrifically well (imagine the same team with Dawson and Parker)

I also think, though, they are a bit too raw to be of interest to us. Benteke is clearly raw but even at his (very!) unpolished level he is a cut above - which makes him very interesting to me

Well that's exactly it they came into this season woefully under prepared. And have sold/ farmed off their experienced players over successive seasons.

Back
Top Bottom