Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur - 9th July - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we got the points on the last GW, but at what cost? my soul died a little watching the game.
And the team has really confused the fuck out of me.
Lucas 1st half is utter shite, but the only shining light on second half. Son are not himself yet. Im so glad to see Toby played, but that game wasnt giving us anything to see if he is back or not. Dier looked very good most of the time, but that Sheffield goals gonna take some performances and time for me to forget.

Why are we so lethargic when in possession, everybody forming a shape and not move around at all. It might be this way for too long. Maybe back then it wasnt exposed because we have Dembele who could drive the ball forward on his own and take 2-3 players, so it create an opening?

By the sample we've seen since the restart, Lamela and Bergwijn needs to start.
Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Vertonghen
Winks Sissoko
Lamela Lo Celso Bergwijn
Kane

Would like to see Tanguy on the hole, but at this point, lets just assumed he is not part of the plan for us anymore.
Now more than ever we need to see some bravery, even if there was no prize. Mou has to find some way to motivate and remove their shackle.

Anyway, the prospect of Brooks and King is scary for me. If anyone dare to challenge this sentiment, i would ask, how scary do you feel a frontline of McBurnie and Goldrick??? It's all relative.

Only thing we got to play for now is finishing 7th to get Europa and finish above those muggy cunts Woolwich. Win against Bournemouth, then the Woolwich game becomes the all important decider for me.

seventh doesn’t get us Europa

In normal circumstances, three UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:

• The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.
  • The winners of the FA Cup qualify for the group stage proper.
  • The EFL Cup winners qualify for the second qualifying round.

Once you take into account a) City won the EFL and b) one of the big knobs likely wins the FA cup + c) the fact of City's potential ban... As low as 8th might bag EL this year.

In normal circumstances, three UEL places are given to English clubs who fulfil the following criteria:

• The fifth-placed team in the Premier League qualify for the group stage proper.

Once you take into account a) City won the EFL and b) one of the big knobs likely wins the FA cup + c) the fact of City's potential ban... As low as 8th might bag EL this year.
So we'll probably finish 9th !!

Dr Tottenham Hotspur's Football Charity is 100% making an appearance.

I've never before been so lacking in confidence before a match against relegation fodder like this current Bournemouth team.

I'd say it's a likelihood. (assuming Man City are banned)

Last edited:

Thanks for the summary. Very helpful. So, if we finish ahead of Woolwich and none of the teams below us jump ahead of us, we should get into Europa.

That should motivate the players.

With the games coming thick and fast, Mourinho will have to freshen up the starting team, especially with Woolwich coming up soon after. With Dier suspended, I’d like to Sanchez in, maybe Vert at LB, Berg in for Moura and then we got to shake up CM but I have no idea what the best way to do that is. Maybe Sissoko with Lo Celso and Lamela in front. We have a £63m player on the bench I wouldn’t mind seeing but we know that’s not going to happen. Really need to stuff these guys. We’re better from 1-11 so there’s no excuse not to play some attacking football.

With the games coming thick and fast, Mourinho will have to freshen up the starting team, especially with Woolwich coming up soon after. With Dier suspended, I’d like to Sanchez in, maybe Vert at LB, Berg in for Moura and then we got to shake up CM but I have no idea what the best way to do that is. Maybe Sissoko with Lo Celso and Lamela in front. We have a £63m player on the bench I wouldn’t mind seeing but we know that’s not going to happen. Really need to stuff these guys. We’re better from 1-11 so there’s no excuse not to play some attacking football.

Agree. I wonder if part of the reason the lads are so slow in the final third is general fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom