Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it was after a NLD when Petr Cech was their keeper and beat Sonny to a 50/50
I was there, it was more frustrating than anything else. Cech easily got there before Sonny, so much so that Sonny had slowed down. Fair enough. Only to see Cech falling on his arse which no one could really anticipate.

Sonny got a lot of criticism from so called fans that first season. Ridiculous.

With Brennan there's a really good player there. Our scouting is top notch last few seasons, and he's the guy that Ange really wanted.

Got to persevere with him. Winger is a very exposed position. I said earlier that Waddle was poor (and unlucky) for 18 months. Barcodes offered to buy him back cut price. Became a fantastic player for us and if not for Scolar being an incompetnent tosser would have had a far longer career with us. Him AND Lineker in the same team....

Can we stop trying to scape goat our players. Brennan Johnson has been ok this season, once the whole squad is back especially Madders I think we will see more from him. He has three assists this season in games where we won by one goal. He has every opportunity to improve.

Look at Moussa when we signed him it took almost 2 1/2 years to really start to shine, in the 2013/2014 season in the last 10 games of the season under Tim Sherwood he was left out of the squad 7 times.

I remeber people saying to get him out of the club that he was rubbish, when we signed Dembele he was our 4th most exspensive signing.

Well, yes? It’s about filtering the reputable media from the riff raff, and reputable media were reporting a €25 million fee.
Also on Transfermarkt.com, which is traditionally very reliable when it comes to fees, it has him down for €25 million.
Until clubs put actual figures (which we won't) then i can't take media numbers seriously.
It also depends what value you place on Lamela as to how much we value the Gil transfer.

Gil will be solid even though slim. I think he’ll be around 10 stone to be fair. Maybe he is lighter. 10 stone is very light for being a pro footballer though.
It is. And its probably why he's not all that in the PL against massive grown men.

I think a lot of fans don't realise how big these guys really are.
Your average fan thinks he's 5ft 10 because all men do. When a footballer is listed at 5ft 10 he's actually 5ft 10 and would look down on the fan who says he's 5ft 10

As for the 6ft 3+ players, they're the sort of people you see in the street and say "size of that ***t"

I don't think he was ducking challenges but was consistently beaten to the ball by defenders because he was playing too high and didn't anticipate the pass coming too him. Werner seemed to have acres of space when he received the ball in comparison. Surely that stuff can be dealth with by coaches. It was frustrating the amount of times the attack died on the right hand side with him (especially when you have set your alarm for 3.30am to watch it).
He was ducking challenges, he could have gone for a number of balls but slowed down when he saw the defender coming.

Promising young Welsh Winger... But not impressing in his first few months here...

Remind you of anyone? :balesnarl:

Give him a COUPLA seasons at LEAST!
:baletroll:

(Yes I know we didn't spend £50m on Bale, so expectations were lower... But given how he turned out, we were clearly playing him out of position for at least a season or two!)
In his first few months he was a left back.

It is. And its probably why he's not all that in the PL against massive grown men.

Your average fan thinks he's 5ft 10 because all men do. When a footballer is listed at 5ft 10 he's actually 5ft 10 and would look down on the fan who says he's 5ft 10

As for the 6ft 3+ players, they're the sort of people you see in the street and say "size of that ***t"
It's so weird lying about your height. your age, your weight or whatever. It doesn't change how you look or seem to anyone so I just don't get it. Is it because of online dating culture?

I remember when I was young about 15 years ago I went on a date with a girl who looked decent on some photos, but then when we met she looked like a fucking orangutang. What the hell? Best case scenario we still go on the date but I'm just uncomfortable and lie to you and then we never see each other again. Worst case you get told off in public by a slightly annoyed man.
Of course I had to tell her.

Unbelievable.

If you are smaller and lighter then you need to learn to use your body well. You look at guys like silva,Messi,giggs and the like,they could could compete against bigger physical types because they could run away from players with pace but they could take the ball in and get contact with opponents and not get knocked off the ball and lose it.

It's so weird lying about your height. your age, your weight or whatever. It doesn't change how you look or seem to anyone so I just don't get it. Is it because of online dating culture?

I remember when I was young about 15 years ago I went on a date with a girl who looked decent on some photos, but then when we met she looked like a fucking orangutang. What the hell? Best case scenario we still go on the date but I'm just uncomfortable and lie to you and then we never see each other again. Worst case you get told off in public by a slightly annoyed man.

Unbelievable.
Was she completely covered in orange hair??

Unbelievable.
Tbf, I think most men measure themselves based on what their mates say they are.

I get told by a lot of friends and family they're 5ft 10, which makes me an easy 6ft based off the fact I can see the top of their heads.

Women who get dates based on edited pictures are worse than blokes who say they're 6ft instead of 5ft 10 and a half.

If you are smaller and lighter then you need to learn to use your body well. You look at guys like silva,Messi,giggs and the like,they could could compete against bigger physical types because they could run away from players with pace but they could take the ball in and get contact with opponents and not get knocked off the ball and lose it.
You're talking about 3 of the best in the world there though. And Giggys is about 5.11 and packed on some muscle as he entered his 20s.
Messie even has a decent weight despite his height.
Modric is the obvious modern day scrawny footballer.
The short story is, if you're not blessed with genetic athleticism, you have to be bloody good. And Gil has neither going for him

Tbf, I think most men measure themselves based on what their mates say they are.

I get told by a lot of friends and family they're 5ft 10, which makes me an easy 6ft based off the fact I can see the top of their heads.

Women who get dates based on edited pictures are worse than blokes who say they're 6ft instead of 5ft 10 and a half.
Oh right, I guess most don't really measure themselves. Guess that means the numbers going to creep upward as well because everyone's going to optimistically round up.

I only know I'm 179cm because when I did military service check up the doctor joked I was going to come in handy in the trenches since I was "indivisible".

That is incredible that we allowed that to happen. Fucking loved Lamela. Pure animal and every player should look at him when it comes to work rate and making it hard for their opponent. I bet every player hated playing against him. He’d just fuck you up. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I liked Lamela too.

But he was very replaceable/upgradeable at the same time.
The fact we failed in such spectacular fashion to do so is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom