Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is he fuck one of the best pressers lol he might close a bit of distance but thats it. he doesnt press aggressively because he doesnt want a dual. so thats a load of bollox!

son and johnson are both poor in terms of actual football buildup. both dont want a scrap either.

Watch our games back this year. You will see Son is probably the hardest working player we have without the ball. Save maybe Sarr,

Watch our games back this year. You will see Son is probably the hardest working player we have without the ball. Save maybe Sarr,
i watch all our games lol. son will close the distance but he doesnt do it aggressively and he doesnt get close enough because he doesnt want a dual. richarlison presses aggresively! hence why he actually wins the ball, hes willing to have a collision.

i watch all our games lol. son will close the distance but he doesnt do it aggressively and he doesnt get close enough because he doesnt want a dual. richarlison presses aggresively! hence why he actually wins the ball, hes willing to have a collision.

He's at full sprint, closing the passing lanes by coming in at the right angle and he chases everyone all the way up to the GK for almost 90 minutes.

You said he offers nothing if he doesn't score or assist. You were talking bollox mate.

He's at full sprint, closing the passing lanes by coming in at the right angle and he chases everyone all the way up to the GK for almost 90 minutes.

You said he offers nothing if he doesn't score or assist. You were talking bollox mate.
so he runs a little bit? isnt that what everyone else does? he deserves praise for running a little bit as a footballer?

players dont give a shit if son is pressing them as they know its not threatening. having richy come steaming into you is different.

so he runs a little bit? isnt that what everyone else does? he deserves praise for running a little bit as a footballer?

players dont give a shit if son is pressing them as they know its not threatening. having richy come steaming into you is different.

After his form last season plenty of us needed to eat our bad takes on Son.

No need to stay married to it. Last season he was in the wrong role and injured. Him playing actually hurt the team. This season he’s playing to his strengths and massive for us whether he scores or not

Yes, agreed, though I also think we could use a few more balls behind to runners at times to mix it up. Will perhaps come as the players' understanding of Angeball improves.
I agree but players must know when to come short and when to go in behind. Sonny’s movement is so good when he plays central but when he plays wide he comes to the ball like Johnson too much.
If they want the ball in behind come short then spin in behind because the defender will go short with then if it’s a foot race whoever apart from Walker is fucked when it comes to Johnson and Sonny. If the defender doesn’t come short with them then that’s an opportunity to get it to feet and get running at them.
We have players who will dominate the game from keeper to the midfielders but we need to add that brutal pace to our game that every single player hates to play against. We have it in those two and now Werner. The next part after that is being able to pick players out and be clinical.
I think that’s where Ange wants us to get to and it will take time but I’ve no doubt when we do add that to our game then we will be challenging for the title and picking up some silverware.

After his form last season plenty of us needed to eat our bad takes on Son.

No need to stay married to it. Last season he was in the wrong role and injured. Him playing actually hurt the team. This season he’s playing to his strengths and massive for us whether he scores or not
not married to anything. son is one of the best finishers in the world with both feet. in terms of actual build up play and bottling duals hes a passenger. is what it is. hes a good horse for a certain course, nothing wrong with that.

not married to anything. son is one of the best finishers in the world with both feet. in terms of actual build up play and bottling duals hes a passenger. is what it is. hes a good horse for a certain course, nothing wrong with that.
His build up play is much improved this season. City away his lay offs and distribution directly in the lead up to goals 2 and 3 were excellent. Just one game yes, but I’m sure there are many more examples

His build up play is much improved this season. City away his lay offs and distribution directly in the lead up to goals 2 and 3 were excellent. Just one game yes, but I’m sure there are many more examples
I can think of a few occasions this season where his ball around the corner layoffs and passes have started attacks. The above is a lazy hangover from last seasons injured version.

Willing to make a bet with anyone on Brennan's case:

Next season Brennan finishes with more G/As than Gordon.
I think there's a player there that needs some one to bring his confidence up some. When he goes on instinct, he seems to open opposition teams up with ease. Some of those runs on to through balls and first time drilled crosses are testament to that.

Back
Top Bottom