Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are a moron.

the chart has an x and y axis. On one axis is Duel % and on the other is Duels per 90.

What is shows is that Johnson is involved in less per 90 but wins them at a higher percentage than anyone.

But if he's playing less than 90mins there is missing context. If you come off the bench maybe you play during times of the game when less duels happen. Usually dual happen more earlier in the game before players have been booked and got tired.

Well no, because the stat for duels competed are per 90. Not total per season. So how many games he’s played is irrelevant, it’s how many he does per time on the pitch. The whole point of the per 90 is so it evens out for all players with different time on the pitch.

Well no, because the stat for duels competed are per 90. Not total per season. So how many games he’s played is irrelevant, it’s how many he does per time on the pitch. The whole point of the per 90 is so it evens out for all players with different time on the pitch.

It's a crude metric without context that absolutely doesn't show that Johnson shirks challenges.

Now, it also doesn't show that he makes challenges either but what that does show is that he's at least engaging in duels and winning them.

It's a crude metric without context that absolutely doesn't show that Johnson shirks challenges.

Now, it also doesn't show that he makes challenges either but what that does show is that he's at least engaging in duels and winning them.

But at a low level per 90, which supports what some are saying about him not doing enough off the ball. It’s a basic metric but it definitely doesn’t do your case any favours.

Have we got a stat about wins and losses when he's on the pitch?
People used that to stich up for Richarlison

When he starts:
12 starts
4 wins*
3 draws
5 losses*'

*1 of those wins came after being subbed off early against Forest due to injury.
** 1 of those losses came after being subbed off early against Chelsea

When he starts:
12 starts
4 wins*
3 draws
5 losses*'

*1 of those wins came after being subbed off early against Forest due to injury.
We were leading 1-0 when he was subbed v Chelsea and Wolves.

When he starts:
12 starts
4 wins*
3 draws
5 losses*'

One of the draws at least saw him subbed off as well - Vs Woolwich in his debut.

It doesn't do either.

It absolutely does.
If you cannot understand it, it does not make it go away.

I repeat- this initial graph indicates that Johnson engages in attacking duel once per 15 minutes which is very little involvement.

Once more - I am totally ok with giving him more time and I am not writing him off. He is youngish and can improve over time. But recently he has not been involved enough in the games. He has to improve on that. Chart shows that whenever he decides to take part in the game, his success rate is very good. So... maybe should do it more often then :D ?

You are a moron.

the chart has an x and y axis. On one axis is Duel % and on the other is Duels per 90.

What is shows is that Johnson is involved in less per 90 but wins them at a higher percentage than anyone.

But if he's playing less than 90mins there is missing context. If you come off the bench maybe you play during times of the game when less duels happen. Usually dual happen more earlier in the game before players have been booked and got tired.
Johnson being strong in duels reminds me of the stat that showed son was better at headed goals than Haaland.

The son-Haaland stat was basically punishing Haaland for getting to headers that son wouldn’t even reach which is completely illogical because the opportunities son wouldn’t get to have a 0% chance of going in.

My guess is the duels stat is not reflecting that there are times Brennan doesn’t even make a challenge and so it doesn’t count as losing a duel.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say if you only look for what’s convenient.

What's funny about this is there is some very good talent who have the same amount of duels as Johnson that are nowhere near as successful as him that wouldn't get criticised in the same way
Before the days of social media, Spurs fans were labelled as fickle by rivals.
I used to take offense and also struggled to understand what they were on about.

Since social media

I Understand Will Ferrell GIF by reactionseditor

Maybe it’s because I am dyslexic and constantly mix words up on my head but that is 2-3 times now I have seen this thread and for a brief moment it reads ‘’Boris Johnson’’. Thinking how unfortunate we have become to sign to that bloke.

Johnson being strong in duels reminds me of the stat that showed son was better at headed goals than Haaland.

The son-Haaland stat was basically punishing Haaland for getting to headers that son wouldn’t even reach which is completely illogical because the opportunities son wouldn’t get to have a 0% chance of going in.

My guess is the duels stat is not reflecting that there are times Brennan doesn’t even make a challenge and so it doesn’t count as losing a duel.

Stats can say whatever you want them to say if you only look for what’s convenient.

Stats don't show anything without analysis to find the missing context. Stats are questions not answers.

It absolutely does.
If you cannot understand it, it does not make it go away.

I repeat- this initial graph indicates that Johnson engages in attacking duel once per 15 minutes which is very little involvement.

Once more - I am totally ok with giving him more time and I am not writing him off. He is youngish and can improve over time. But recently he has not been involved enough in the games. He has to improve on that. Chart shows that whenever he decides to take part in the game, his success rate is very good. So... maybe should do it more often then :D ?

I don't know you or what you do but just based on the way you talk about data, I'm pretty confident that you have no idea what you are talking about but are also determined to be the poster boy for the Dunning Kruger Effect when it comes to analyzing sports data.

Thing is, that's also what makes this a waste of time for both of us.

Maybe it’s because I am dyslexic and constantly mix words up on my head but that is 2-3 times now I have seen this thread and for a brief moment it reads ‘’Boris Johnson’’. Thinking how unfortunate we have become to sign to that bloke.
It’s because you ducked out of challenges on the X axis of the brain per 90 at school, obviously…

(Taking the piss out of this thread, not you!)

Back
Top Bottom