Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

State of this thread.
Always the same unless a new player is no MoM if his first game he’s rendered useless no wonder everybody and their dog wants us to fall flat on our faces and win feckall with a fan base with this attitude we deserve all we get.

Last edited:
I watched the game. I didn’t see it the same way.

Just because a couple of you have decided that you don’t like his tracking back or challenge intensity, that doesn’t mean it’s true
just because you thi nk Dier/skipp has been bang average/bad for 5 seasons - doesnt meant it is true

No, not precisely at all. Much like you, old Blakey hasn’t a clue! 😊
This is you in every thread...

dog-eat-leg-bite.gif

Porro being on the chart shows you how much context is missing here and how little that stat should be taken at face value

Not really. Porro is a right back, he’s not a great finisher. Brilliant at delivering a ball and creating chances but not fantastic at finishing them off.

All the attackers on that list fit the bill as being wasteful players. Expect to see Werner on there soon enough as well.

Not really. Porro is a right back, he’s not a great finisher. Brilliant at delivering a ball and creating chances but not fantastic at finishing them off.

All the attackers on that list fit the bill as being wasteful players. Expect to see Werner on there soon enough as well.

Porro is there because small sample sizes have higher variance.

That chart would carry much more weight if it had one filter like min 10 chances to score.

Does it. Or does it just suggest that both of them have been a bit wasteful with chances?

TBH, it’s the least of Johnson’s problems that concern me. His lack of technical ability, intelligence and work off the ball worry me more.

Stats are questions. My questions are:

How many chances to score has each player in that chart had?
A good finisher might score 6/10 but if the 4 misses come in their first 5 chances and you don’t know what you are doing with data, you could look at it and jump to a premature assumption.

How high was the xg on each chance?

How are you calculating the xG?

Against which teams were those chances?

General tracking back.

Many instances in the game (which has been consistent in other games, and commented upon on here...this is not new).

Not sure why you're expecting people to pin point what was happening, generally.

Just watch the game, again.

Want a link?
Maybe he’s being asked to stay high to give us an option in behind when we win it back. Sons already said in an interview that Postecoglu doesn’t want him tracking back, probably the same with Johnson on the other side. He doesn’t want the whole team being dragged back like the previous two managers.

I didn't think he was all that bad last night. He's been very average thus far it's true, but we really should give the kid a bit of time.

I'd prefer it if he was a bench option and an impact sub against tired legs at this stage, but let Ange work this out.

Maybe he’s being asked to stay high to give us an option in behind when we win it back. Sons already said in an interview that Postecoglu doesn’t want him tracking back, probably the same with Johnson on the other side. He doesn’t want the whole team being dragged back like the previous two managers.
Can see Richy being told that, last night, but not BJ.

No way Ange was watching that and thinking its ok.

We push high, so need to recover, effectively.

Especially, against CITY.

Back
Top Bottom