Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are vulnerable and not playing a settled team which always talks of a slight lack of belief and confidence from the manager.

I can see us losing more than I can see us winning if we play cautiously.

In that regard I think our best bet is to play our most attacking side.

Not scoring should not be held against Kane. Not making any kind of posirive impression is harder to accept.

A 3-1 scoreline to one side I feel and Moura and Son to be key.

Harry had a bad miss against Inter but otherwise did ok with his holding game which resulted in the occasional free kick
Also he is useful in defence at set pieces with his heading ability which begs the question of subbing him with Rose who isn’t

I was encouraged by Kane's performance against Inter. He should be banging them in soon. Enough with this 2 up front. It worked against United because they practically had no defence. Lucas looked unplayable on the left on Tuesday; put him there again. Personally I would put Lamela on the right as he is looking sharp but Son will probably play.
CM is another issue for me. I simply do not know if Wanyama is ready. Dembele is obvioulsy a starter, but Dier's passing and composure is a worry. To be fair to him, he breaks up play excellently.
In defence, Davies had a shocker against Inter. Not all his fault, but he and Aurier will be rotated anyway. Don't really see the point of playing 3 at the back so Toby and verts in the centre. My team would be...
[formation=4213, Vorm, Trippier, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dembele , Dier, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Lucas][/formation]

Last edited:
Lucas looked spectacular on the left v Inter, definitelty want to see him there tomorrow again, he could cause Montoya or whoever plays as their right-back a lot of problems.

[formation=352, Kane, Toby, Sanchez, Verts, Rose, Eriksen, Wanyama, Lamela, Aurier, Son, Lucas ][/formation]

Back three against BHA? Did you mean to have Rose and Aurier at LWB/RWB respectively?
Is three at the back not a bit overkill, defensively, against relative lightweights?

Brighton have Gross out, who is a big player for them. The usually line up in a 4-4-1-1 formation, relying a lot on Murray.

I’d go 4-2-3-1 and control the midfield, playing pace on the wings. I’m not sure whether Dele will start or make the bench.

Gazza
Tripps - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
- Kane -
We then have the option of Dele* and Lamela from the bench.

Back three against BHA? Did you mean to have Rose and Aurier at LWB/RWB respectively?
Is three at the back not a bit overkill, defensively, against relative lightweights?
When you've lost 3 on the spin there aint no lightweights.
Besides, I don't think it's defensive. Rose and Aurier in attacking wing back mode should keep us on the front foot.
I even thought about Llorente as part of a front 2 with Lucas or Son, but thought playing the two little guys together might cause a few more problems against their static defence.

Vorm
Trippier-------Sanchez------------JV------------Rose

Winks----------Wanyama-----------Eriksen

Lamela---------Kane-----------Moura

Dembele, Amos, Alderweireld, KWP, Son, Roles, Gazzaniga

We need to change things in midfield and we need to give those changes more than one game. Players like Wamyama, Winks, maybe even Amos need to be given a few games to play themselves in or back from injury/absence, not panic if things don't go brilliantly the next game or two. We need a full evolution of our midfield, and that may not be a smooth process.

I'll be in the Supporters' Club in Valletta for this one. I do hope we get a result as there's one guy there who is the meltiest melter of all time, makes people on here (you know who you are!) look solid as a rock.
:coys:

Brighton have Gross out, who is a big player for them. The usually line up in a 4-4-1-1 formation, relying a lot on Murray.

I’d go 4-2-3-1 and control the midfield, playing pace on the wings. I’m not sure whether Dele will start or make the bench.

Gazza
Tripps - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
- Kane -
We then have the option of Dele* and Lamela from the bench.
Actually, I agree with your Goalkeeping choice. He has always looked solid to me. It will be Vorm though.

Back
Top Bottom