Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dnt9dCqX0AAo7jl.jpg:large

This season is reminding me of our 15/16 season to be honest - where Poch wasn't quite sure of his best starting eleven at the start, weren't quite where we all wanted to be. I remember people even calling for Pochs head at the beginning of that season too.

We only had 6 points from our opening 5 games. Winning just 1 game. Kane was being written off by everyone (bar Spurs fans really) because he had 1 goal in our opening 9 games and Eriksen started ridiculously slowly.

Then it all clicked round about the end of September/beginning of October. Players were starting to get that little bit fitter, little bit sharper. Our strongest eleven started to form, players got on the same page and we all know exactly what happened that season.

Eventually, we'll click. Eriksen will get consistent. Kane will start taking more shots and scoring more. Pochettino will realise his best eleven and formation and we'll start winning games that we should comfortably be winning and we'll all forget about this start.

I hope it all clicks this weekend.

Brighton have lost just 5 home games since they got promoted.

Man City.
Liverpool.
Chelsea.
Leicester.

and now us today.

It is not an easy place to go and get a win. Beat Man Utd there twice. Beat Woolwich last season. Hughton has got them well drilled defensively and I think he'll do well to keep them up again this season.

Huddersfield and Cardiff coming up in our next two league games. Two of the favourites to go down. Two of the worst teams in the league. Anything but maximum points would be disappointing. 6 points from there will make the league table look rather interesting - especially as our rivals are all playing eachother over the next 2 weeks.

I'll be in the Supporters' Club in Valletta for this one. I do hope we get a result as there's one guy there who is the meltiest melter of all time, makes people on here (you know who you are!) look solid as a rock.
:coys:

I want to beat them so bad that they have to give up the Hove part of their name and it becomes our trophy that we mount in the new stadium in the visitors locker room as a warning to others to not fuck with us.

:kanegoal:

Love it- those some fun years with Redknapp, Bale, vDv, modric, adebayor and the rest of the bunch.
Great to see Redknapp still getting love from the fans.

I like Redknapp, and he did a lot of good. Saved us from relegation and took us to the CL. It’s just a shame that he lost all interest in doing his job when he thought he had a chance of being the England manager. His ‘this is as good as it gets’ quote after finishing 5th was more than a little misguided too.

I didn’t blame Levy for sacking him.

Back
Top Bottom