Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brighton have lost just 5 home games since they got promoted.

Man City.
Liverpool.
Chelsea.
Leicester.

and now us today.

It is not an easy place to go and get a win. Beat Man Utd there twice. Beat Woolwich last season. Hughton has got them well drilled defensively and I think he'll do well to keep them up again this season.

Huddersfield and Cardiff coming up in our next two league games. Two of the favourites to go down. Two of the worst teams in the league. Anything but maximum points would be disappointing. 6 points from there will make the league table look rather interesting - especially as our rivals are all playing eachother over the next 2 weeks.

With eighty percent possession and only one goal in the first half, Poch should have a big concern, but thank God we are back to a 4-2-3-1 as we looked more cohesive, and solid going forward and in defence.

Much needed moral victory, and six points off top having played Man Ure and Liverpool is not too shabby.

Great result, far too many slack moments. We are so far off the required standard. Europa League next year.

images

Good win that. We played fast football at times getting in between the lines. At other times we were hanging in there. A good work out for all against a decent team.

Shame Gazza didn't get a clean sheet as he was very assured and played a good game. I'd like to see more of him as he's got room to grow whereas it is obvious Vorm in is in the descending curve of his career.

Rose possibly his best game since returning. That's not saying much to be honest (even 3-0 win at Man Utd he was still poor) but today Very enterprising up and down the flank, assist, some great dribbles.

Kane better but still need a chance in open play.

Against Cardiff and Huddersfield (the two worst teams imo) we should start Lamela in midfield since they don't pose much of a threat to teams. Lamela brings energy to the team with and without the ball.

Just glad to get the three points in the bag. We had so much of the ball that it was a shame that we didn't kill the game off. The way we are playing is really doing my blood pressure no good!
Hopefully that will stop the negativity, at least for a while.

Yay, a wins a win!
We should have used our possession more, they thankfully didn’t put away their chances.

But a wins a win!

I stay away from the boards after a bad loss, the cunt offs are bad at the best of times when we are doing well!

With eighty percent possession and only one goal in the first half, Poch should have a big concern, but thank God we are back to a 4-2-3-1 as we looked more cohesive, and solid going forward and in defence.

Much needed moral victory, and six points off top having played Man Ure and Liverpool is not too shabby.

Very much so and without clicking.

Glen Hoddle talking great sense in the post match chat.
Virtually echoing everything I've been arguing for these past few years.
Top man, Glen.

So you like him when he agrees with you? Like another win that eh John

Just to put my tuppence worth in. If we end up with either Hoddle or Sherwood then my membership goes in the bin until Levy/Enic fuck off from our club once and for all.

I’m only fucking about BTW

Back from the game , got soaked!

That was all about the points, takes the pressure off. You could tell that it was about possession, and not giving the ball away with sloppy passes. Rose was pacey and aggressive, which is what I like most about him. Lamela surely fighting for starting lineup. I loved the communication and body language between players, especially at defending corners and set pieces.

That's for Chas COYS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom