Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fancy Hughton to be our manager sometime in the next 15 years.
He’s one of our own and a childhood hero of mine.that regularly over achieves with the players he has at his disposal and has worked his way up slowly but surely through hard work and determination.

Completely agree. Was about to post something about this earlier.
He's done a fine job with BHA and would be a very solid choice if we should need a new coach in the next while.

Love it- those some fun years with Redknapp, Bale, vDv, modric, adebayor and the rest of the bunch.
Great to see Redknapp still getting love from the fans.

I like Redknapp, and he did a lot of good. Saved us from relegation and took us to the CL. It’s just a shame that he lost all interest in doing his job when he thought he had a chance of being the England manager. His ‘this is as good as it gets’ quote after finishing 5th was more than a little misguided too.

I didn’t blame Levy for sacking him.

I'd be interested to see Spurs fans' rate of heart attacks vs. other Premier League clubs.

You certainly can't say we're boring to support...
I worked at the Lane in the mid 90s for St John's- we used the AED pads (defibrilators) more than any other crew at a football ground on a year by year basis from 95 - 97.... am sure my successors now still get to practice their resuscitation skills :D

Talk about media bias

This cunt commentating

“Spurs are rattled “
“Spurs are hanging on “

“Spurs score against the run of play”

Wanker

I like Redknapp, and he did a lot of good. Saved us from relegation and took us to the CL. It’s just a shame that he lost all interest in doing his job when he thought he had a chance of being the England manager. His ‘this is as good as it gets’ quote after finishing 5th was more than a little misguided too.

He finished 4th in his final season.

Much improved and quicker passing.
Kane getting shots off.
Still have some issues in central midfield.
no cover there.
Fully fit squad cant come quick enough.

Disappointed we conceded when we did. Clean sheet would have been nice.
Should have really been managing the game for the last minute.
Can’t wait until Sissoko, Wanyama Winks are backmto full strength.
We will manage these games better.
The performance wasn’t really that terrible considering.
Just that steel missing central for the whole game.

Liverpool managed 6 more shots and one more on goal at home. We had more possession than Liverpool did at Anfield
Brighton managed 2 more shots and 2 more on goal today at home than they had at Anfield.

Just throw that out there.

Really one decent chance that Gazzaniga saves from Knockaert and that deflection,off Son.
The offside goal was what it was, offside.
They came at us, but really didn’t force our keeper into a sub many saves as Ryan.
Most of their stuff was wide or over, like a few of ours.
Really knockaert was the only player who looked like scoring.
Funnily enough he moved over to the right when Rose was marauding forward and got his goal,

I think we were all a bit too nervous and understandably.

Brighton missed an earlier chance that was a bit of a sitter. After 2 up we looked comfortable. But their goal was a complete surprise like Midweek and we almost threw the win away again.. We were lucky there was not a few more minutes left in the game.

I’ll be honest I was in a pub watching this and I was more busy chatting bollocks than watching the actual game, how did we play, result aside?

Brighton missed an earlier chance that was a bit of a sitter. After 2 up we looked comfortable. But their goal was a complete surprise like Midweek and we almost threw the win away again.. We were lucky there was not a few more minutes left in the game.

Fuck me what a melt

What about Harry’s three shots each of which could have been a goal?

:pochfacepalm:

He was right though wasn’t he ? He needed backing , and didn’t get it . It was as good as it gets. It was 4th that we finished actually .

It’s the same now , if poch was to come out and say now, this is as good as it gets , he would be spot on aswell

I’ll be honest I was in a pub watching this and I was more busy chatting bollocks than watching the actual game, how did we play, result aside?
Fucking shit mate. By not watching you saved your Saturday night it was that bad. Hope you sorted yourself some weed. Watching the game is so old school as I’ve been telling my mates for years. Hope you scored. You’ll probably get chips, play video games and leer at your mate’s sister.

#winning

Last edited:
He finished 4th in his final season.

I know.

The ‘as good as it gets’ quote was from the season before, and his last season was where we blew a massive lead over Woolwich to miss out in the most agonising way possible thanks to Redknapp derailing the team’s performances.

Believe me, I remember. I wish I didn’t. I was at the Fulham game at the very end of the league season, and the atmosphere was weird. We’d sort of got CL football, but most seemed to (rightfully) believe that the stars would align to fuck us by allowing Chelsea to beat Bayern.

He was right though wasn’t he ? He needed backing , and didn’t get it . It was as good as it gets. It was 4th that we finished actually .

It’s the same now , if poch was to come out and say now, this is as good as it gets , he would be spot on aswell

He said it when we finished 5th (see my post above).

Given the last few seasons, he was clearly wrong.

If Pochettino came out and said ‘this is as good as it gets’ I wouldn’t be too annoyed, seeing as it would mean being consistent title challengers (last season not included).

Back
Top Bottom