Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One out better performances this season. First half we dominated, and deserved to be ahead. Dembele was very good first half, controlled the midfield.

Second half dropped off a bit, but I never really thought we were uncomfortable. Good performance from Gazzaniga, personally I think he’s ahead of Vorm now.

Cracking second goal, sums up how Tottenham play. Lamela is looking good at the moment. Nice to see Kane getting some shots off and running at players, his confidence is growing. Rose was brilliant all game. Son I think just needs a bit more time getting up to speed after his Asia Games exploits.

Individual ratings

Gazzaniga - 7
Trippier - 7.5
Alderweireld - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 8
Dier - 6.5
Dembele - 7.5
Son - 6.5
Eriksen - 7
Lucas - 7
Kane 7
——
Lamela - 7.5
Dele - Not much time to judge off.
Everyone is a minus except Kane? A little harsh, you're not the cunt that does my KPIs at work are you?

How do you know that Poch didn't give them two days off? Or focus on tactical work after Inter?
Maybe you should get into greyhound racing, it's a much simpler sport, it'd suit you

You are arguing your point on a speculation as if it’s true and then making quips about reading the future.
How do you know they did get two days off?
It’s the exact same claim.

They were fatigued last Saturday you claim.
They flew to Italy on Monday and trained before the Inter match on Tuesday, then flew home and played again on Saturday.

Are you now saying the players are not fatigued?
On the basis they might have been given Wednesday and Thursday off, which is something you literally just pulled from your arse?

Was it just the England players given time off in this imaginary world of yours?
Or everyone? Because remember the Dutch lads that played that midweek are not fatigued you said....just the English

You said the English lads looked “shit and knackered....” then you said you didn’t watch the games and then you said you read it somewhere.

Then you spend days mocking me for believing something just because Poch said it.

Anyway, I get it. The fatigue is now all finished, and they are all better again because we won.

If Brighton has grabbed a late equalizer though, you’d be here lauding how you were spot on about them being tired.

:kanehand:

You are arguing your point on a speculation as if it’s true and then making quips about reading the future.

They flew to Italy on Monday and trained before the Inter match on Tuesday, then flew home and played again on Saturday.

On the basis they might have been given Wednesday and Thursday off, which is something you literally just pulled from your arse?

Was it just the England players given time off in this imaginary world of yours?
Or everyone? Because remember the Dutch lads that played that midweek are not fatigued you said....just the English

You said the English lads looked “shit and knackered....” then you said you didn’t watch the games and then you said you read it somewhere.

Then you spend days mocking me for believing something just because Poch said it.

Anyway, I get it. The fatigue is now all finished, and they are all better again because we won.

If Brighton has grabbed a late equalizer though, you’d be here lauding how you were spot on about them being tired.

I didn't post anything about predicting the future, that was Mick who I thought you had on ignore.
Answer me a simple question. Did we lose to Liverpool or not? If the answer is yes, then you're a massive tit

I didn't post anything about predicting the future, that was Mick who I thought you had on ignore.
Answer me a simple question. Did
we lose to Liverpool or not? If the answer is yes, then you're a massive tit

You just told me I should do the greyhounds, I assumed it meant because I knew who would win.
I haven’t read a Mick post in about 5 months not that it’s anything to do with you.

Prove that we lost because our English players were fatigued specifically due to the midweek England games.

You just told me I should do the greyhounds, I assumed it meant because I knew who would win.
I haven’t read a Mick post in about 5 months not that it’s anything to do with you.

Prove that we lost because our English players were fatigued specifically due to the midweek England games.
I told you to follow the Greyhounds because it was simpler. I even explained that to you in the post. You are not even clear about what happened in the recent past yet alone the future

I told you to follow the Greyhounds because it was simpler. I even explained that to you in the post. You are not even clear about what happened in the recent past yet alone the future

Says a guy who judged the performances and fitness levels of five players on two games he didn’t watch.

Anyway stop poisoning the the thread with your Scouse rimming, no one gives a fuck about how great you think Liverpool are and that you “knew they were better than us”

Says a guy who judged the performances and fitness levels of five players on two games he didn’t watch.

Anyway stop poisoning the the thread with your Scouse rimming, no one gives a fuck about how great you think Liverpool are and that you “knew they were better than us”
It's you who keeps bringing it up pal. Although I know you have a condition so I should really stop triggering you

Last edited:
I said we were out of form and tired and we'd lose to Liverpool Sammy. I was 100% correct. Are you going to bring this up every game? In May when we win a game are you still going to be trying to cover for your embarrassment but posting 'ha ha, the multi said we'd lose to Liverpool in September, but we've actually just beaten Huddersfield in May. Another win for Sammy!"
Conveniently forgetting that you predicted the defeat because of poor form due to fatigue due to the midweek England games.
No rest since then, but the players are looking better and better. Looked sharp against Inter and sharp yesterday.
Fatigue seems to be wearing off the more they play with no rest.
How odd
How do you know that Poch didn't give them two days off? Or focus on tactical work after Inter?
Maybe you should get into greyhound racing, it's a much simpler sport, it'd suit you

Answer me a simple question. Did we lose to Liverpool or not? If the answer is yes, then you're a massive tit

When you know you’ve got nothing left....post a video.

Thank fuck that’s over
lastword.jpg

I went to Brighton yesterday. Got soaked, stood in that interminable queue for the train after in the bloody cold and rain, had a beer before the game in The Lanes, and all with . . . . . MAN FLU.

Nobody knows my struggle. :memeokay:
Got a bus into central Brighton after the game, was much quicker than the train last year and stayed dry. Was home in Tottenham by 10pm.

Important win. Also good to see Harry Redknapp get the reception he deserves from our lot.

Can’t overstate the importance of the result, as Brighton are no mugs and the playing conditions looked awful. Hopefully, this gives the lads some of their confidence back.

Aah, SO MUCH better this game, compared to previous 3 games! Not brilliant (10 out of 10) but good (say 7.5/10)!
Really happy that guys were able to get the result. Ofc on top of that, our build-up was much closer to better days as well. We created more chances and ball was moving faster.

Plus-side:
- Rose - I have been critical of him recently but yesterday he was lively and had a good game. Only this Brighton goal left a slight bitter aftertaste of his performance.
- Lamela - Wow, once more his presence/absence changed the game. After his arrival we looked more comfortable! And his tally is impressive - within 70 minutes 2 goals + assist.
- Gazzaniga - very good and confident display from him! Massive props and whatta luxury to have him as an option!
- Our improved/faster build up play.

Minus-side:
- Set piece defending - damn it, we still look so bloody vulnerable from set pieces and crosses.
- Taking our chances - have to become more clinical! But I'd assume it comes with conficence!

So, clearly step in right direction, up next Watford, would like to see many guys who did not play in this one (Wanyama, Winks, Llorente, KWP and maybe Foyth depending on his health)!

Can’t overstate the importance of the result, as Brighton are no mugs and the playing conditions looked awful. Hopefully, this gives the lads some of their confidence back.

I think we play better in the rain, makes the pitch quicker which suits our passing.

We tend to do badly on a dry pitch where the opposition has grown the grass a bit long, or a bobbly pitch without much grass coverage.

Back
Top Bottom